Sparta Certified Pilot Class - Info HERE

Stang~SPARTA~

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Durka,

Yea... I know...you're right!

This is is basically a BLOG right now, where I'm putting (dumping) everything to capture it. I did want it to be a good resource guide (Aviation Wise), which is why I thought using Dslyecxi's Air Vehicle info from the TTP2 Guide, would make a great resource.

the Tactics and Procedures will not be quite this in-depth...unless I get a bunch of help and you guys push for it.

lol, yeah I was just having a little fun with ya :) It's a great resource, and I like the pictures. I can't read much without pictures. I look forward to reading all this and putting it to practice soon.

For anyone wanting to train, I'll be on the Airdom server and I'll help folks out by acting as mock-infantry or mock-cargo if you need help training transport and landing tonight and most likely tomorrow.

Edited by ScUD

Additional Content Update

Please be advised that this is a DRAFT and will change....and I'm sure there are plenty of grammar errors as well...just FYI

Let me know what you think Guys,

Aviation Standards Guide

Tactics and Procedures Section

Procedures come First....

Preflight and Mission Planning

Ensure you're on the proper Team Speak Channel for Pilots, BEFORE entering any Air Vehicles. See Communication Section for more detailed information.

Situation - Initial Map and Battle Start Up. (joining a Battle already in progress is detailed below following this section.)

Preflight

At the beginning of a new session, typically the Battlefield Commander (BFC) will spell out the overall mission plans and give the Pilots their "Air Tasking Orders" (ATO) Make sure you understand this initial phase completely as it will the basis for all follow on communications and tactical actions.

Tip...make sure you have a piece of scratch paper handy, so that you can take down notes of who is assigned where and what Team Speak Channels they'll be on. Once the battle starts and heats up, is no time to be asking "who's flying that UH60 over there"

example:

The BFC has 5 Pilots and 33 troops in 3 units at the beginning of the Battle Session (Alpha, Bravo and Charlie units containing 11 troops each).

The BFC will assign two items to the Aviation Group: ATA's (Air Tasking Assignments) & and ATO's (Air Tasking Orders). The ATA tells you which Aircraft you're assigned to and the ATO tells you what your basic responsibilities are. It will go something like this i.e.:

BFC -

"Stang Bull Dog 1,

MH6 Bull Dog 2,

Rviper Bull Dog 3,

Zeno Bull Dog 4

Custard Mad Dog 1".

In this simple quick sentence, he just did assigned Pilots to their Aircraft, gave them their Aircraft Call-signs and gave them their overall responsibilities. he also let the ground commanders (Alpha, Bravo and Charlie) know what their Air Assets are and who's assigned to them.

Tip...Simple, clear concise communications are the best and cut down on confusion.

Below is what the simple communication above accomplished:

• He assigns Pilot 1 (call sign Bull Dog 1) to Chopper 1 (UH60 normal lift) for Transportation duties (Ferrying troops back and forth between the Main Base and the AO (Area of Operations).
  • He assigned Pilot 2 (call sign Bull Dog 2) to Chopper 2 (UH60 normal lift) for Transportation & Forward Air Controller (FAC) duties (Ferrying troops and providing FAC at the main AO).
  • He assigns Pilot 3 (Call sign Bull Dog 3) to Chopper 3 (UH60 normal lift) to Side Mission Aviation Support (Transportation, FAC, Medivac).
  • He assigns Pilot 4 (call sign Bull Dog 4) to Chopper 4 (UH60 wreck lift) for Wreck retrieval duties, back-up and additional support as needed by the BFC (FAC, Transport & Medivac).
  • He assigns Pilot 5 (call sign Mad Dog 1) to Fixed Wing aircraft (A-10, AV8B or F-35), for CAP and CAS duties. Combat Air Patrol (CAP), SEAD (Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses) & DEAD (Destruction of Enemy Air Defenses) and CAS (Close Air Support).

Tip...NOTE...this is not Searching and destroying any and all enemy forces you can find. It's providing weapons delivery on the assigned target only, via direction by the BFC or Ground Commander. The only targets that will be attacked will be the ones specifically assigned. Attacking other targets can and will get you grounded and banned - permanently.

Now the BFC will move on to breaking up the 3 Troop Units and assigning commanders for each. These units will be given their tasking, the overall mission goals, strategies, contingencies and attack plans. During this time, Pilots should head out to their assigned Aircraft, perform Preflight duties and Mission Planning.

Tip...Assigned Aircraft - Make sure you enter the correct aircraft as each are labeled on the main map for the BFC and ground commanders to track. If you get in the wrong aircraft, you'll look like an idiot to the rest of the troops and cause unneeded confusion...Know Your Assignments!

Preflight -

All Pilots are required to make sure their aircraft is safe and 100% operational, referred to as (Code 1). If the aircraft needs servicing (Fuel, Repairs, or Ammo), it's your responsibility to get it done, before carrying out your ATO (Air Tasking Orders). If your aircraft needs servicing or repairs, make sure you let the BFC, GC and other Pilots know that you are getting it serviced. This way when they see you starting up and taxiing out before the mission, they know why and that you'll be back in your assigned parking space within 2-3 mins.

Tip... Know Your Aircraft Codes

• "Code 1" means your aircraft is 100% operational and ready to fly.
  • "Code 2" means your aircraft is in need of something but flyable. It may need servicing for repairs, fuel or weapons rearming. "
  • Code 3" means your aircraft is down and un flyable but not destroyed.
  • "Code 4" means your aircraft is destroyed (send in the wreck chopper).

These "Codes" are very important especially if you go down because of enemy fire or taking damage from another source (clipping trees, hard landings, hitting wires, etc) By using the "Codes" in your communications you provide your BFC's, GC and other Pilots and Troops your status in a few short words.

Example below:

"Bull Dog 1 is down 500 meters Northwest of the AO Code 3".

This simple efficient sentence tells everyone your down, where you're at and your aircraft status AND that you need an Engineer for repairs.

Preflight:

For Preflight, look at your Aircraft upon approaching it. Does it have any bullet holes in it, or areas where the paint is charred or looks damaged? Will it start up? These will be your first indications that the aircraft may not be "Code 1", 100% operational and ready for flight. You can also pull up the Aircraft Status and see it's current condition. Once the Preflight is completed, get in as the Pilot. Do not start up yet, unless it needs servicing! At this point all your doing is taking charge of your aircraft.

Pre - Mission Planning:

Tip...you will know the basis of the ATO you'll be given by the BFC. For example i.e.: If you're Bull Dog 2, you're assigned to Helicopter 2 (a normal Lift Chopper) which should be parked in Space 2 at the main base. This tells you that your primary duties will be Transportation and Forward Air Control. Most likely you'll ferry a unit of Troops from the Main Base to the AO - LZ (Area of Operation's Landing Zone). Then you'll stay on the ground at the LZ, with your aircraft unless ordered otherwise. This way BFC's and Ground Commanders know where their Air Assets are (should be) without asking. In this example as Bull Dog 2, you'll also expect to get Tactical Information from Bull Dog 1, as he will enter the AO first and will advise the other Pilots on Threats along the route and in the area, Enemy Activity, LZ particulars like approach, landing area, Power lines, tree lines, Slopes, etc)

With this basic information you can open your main map screen and take note of the most probable routes you'll use to reach the LZ safely. This will include your flight path, landmarks along the way to help you identify your position and potential areas of risk. Note these things, on your scratch paper so you have a simple way to remember them, example:

Bull Dog 2, Ferry and FAC, Load Ammo Box, Take off South, Ferry to Pavelov, "AVOID" Hilltops 368 and 371 and safe exit route "EAST".

Mission Planning:

After the BFC and the GC (Battlefield Commander and Ground Commander) have formalized their strategy POA (Plan of Attack), the BFC will then update the Pilots on the POA and give out ATO's. This is where you get the specifics that are expected of you during the mission; example BFC briefing the Pilots:

BFC - "Listen up gentleman. This first AO is Pavelov in the Southeastern area of the map. Note the LZ's & SLZ (Secondary LZ) marked on your map. Bull Dog 1 will be carrying Alpha and Bravo Squads and the MHQ to LZ1 and Bull Dog 2 will be carrying Charlie Squad, Ammo Crates and a Bradley to LZ2. Bull Dog 3 will get his ATO when the Side Mission is generated, from the Delta Squad Commander. Bull Dog 4 will remain at the main base as the backup chopper in case, Bull Dog 1 or 2 goes down. If this happens he will begin Ferry operations until they're back up. Mad Dog 1 is assigned CAP (Combat Air Patrol) between the first AO and the Side Mission. He will only attack Enemy Air Targets in his CAP area unless called in by the BFC or GC for CAS (Close Air Support). Bull Dog 1& 2 and Mad Dog 1 will take off in 5 minutes with 15 second intervals. If the LZ's are HOT, call it in and move to the Secondary LZ (Secondary Landing Zone) due West of the AO. Bull Dog 1 will drop the MHQ along the Northern most tree line in the LZ and Bull Dog 2 will drop his Bradley with Charlie. Make sure the Door gunners provide cover and suppression fire in the LZ only. Questions?"

Tip...(If Halli is the BFC then it goes something like this.... OK now Wake the F!@% Up Goobers and pay F!@#%ing attention. Goober number 1 will drive that hunk of S!@# over there to someplace over there by the AO, but not to dam close to the F!@#$ing enemy and get my chopper blown to kingdom come. And Goober number 2 will F!@#ing follow Goober number 1, unless I F!@#$ing change my dam mind. Any F!@#$ing questions from you Goobers? Note...if you ask questions or fail your ATO, Hali will immediately rip you a new A$$hole and then ban your A$$...so don't mess up, wreck your aircraft or piss him off anymore than he's already pissed off.)

Just kidding...Halli is not like that,

..........very much

Now you have the rest of the information you need to plan navigation, note areas and landmarks of interest, work out last minute details and get the troops loaded up and ready for action. Make sure to brief the troops in your aircraft for what to expect and what the contingency plan is...something like this:

"Bull Dog 1 is ready to load Alpha and Bravo for takeoff in 2 minutes. We'll pick up the MHQ, taxi out and depart to the South for the Main AO. The Primary LZ is at the Northwest section of the AO. Be advised that this LZ may be HOT and you may have to Eject "if" we're hit. Please be ready to bailout if needed. Door gunners will provide suppression and cover fire in the LZ only, until everyone is out and then get out themselves. If the LZ is too HOT, we'll move to the SLZ in the West. Charlie company is going to LZ2 in the South. After insertion, Bull dog 1 will RTB (Return to Base). Questions?"

"Bull Dog 1 departing main base for the LZ in 1 minute"

Take Off - "Bull Dog 1, taxing to pick up the MHQ" Press up into a hover, taxi to the MHQ and hook it up. Taxi to the runway. "Bull Dog 1 is departing South for the AO". Taxi to the runway and Takeoff.

Bull Dog 2 and Mad Dog 1 should taxi and move to positions for takeoff 15 seconds later, following similar communications...

The spacing between aircraft Bull Dog 1 & 2 and Mad Dog 1, provides several advantages:

• It may pull the enemy's attention towards the first aircraft, allowing the second aircraft to sneak in.
  • It keeps both of you from being shot down together, if there is a major air defense along the route.
  • It minimizes collision risk at the main base and the AO (nothing worse than crashing into another aircraft because nobody has a plan and everyone fly's like reckless idiots).
  • Provides a multipronged attacked that forces the enemy to split its forces, thus reducing the overall risk during insertion.
  • Taxi and Takeoff Procedures.

Important Pilot Rules

Rule 1

All Fixed & Rotor wing aircraft must use the taxiways and runway at the Main base

Rule 2

All Takeoffs will be via the runway heading Southeast

Rule 3

All Landings will approach from the Northwest and land Southeast.

These 3 simple rules will maintain the flow of air traffic around the base in a "predetermined pattern, so that everyone will know what's going on. Also since the main base is basically in the Northwestern quadrant of the map, the Southeastern Takeoff run will have you basically heading the right direction to get to the action via the fastest route. No more wondering what direction someone is going to land or takeoff in.

Tip...Being Proficient in Taxi and Takeoff procedures demonstrates professionalism.

This is one of the most important aspects of a Pilots job (Taxing, Takeoff and Landing) . Jumping in a chopper and when it spools up, jerking up the collective and taking off from the parking space, 30° nose down and in a 70° bank to avoid the Tower, right before you fly inverted through the hanger...is not how we will do it.

Its unprofessional, unsafe, unplanned and many times causes mid air collisions and crashes. If you want to perform aerobatics or "Shine your Ass", then do it on the Air Domination Server. Doing it on other Sparta Servers will get you grounded and banned.

Being a certified Pilot on Sparta Servers demands professionalism and procedures that when followed, provide the maximum Air Asset ability to the overall mission success. Another great thing it does, it provides Situational Awareness for You, your fellow Pilots, all Troops and the BFC's.

Think of it this way, you're the Side Mission Pilot getting ready for Takeoff. As you make your departing communication calls, push up into a hover, you then notice an inbound aircraft (the UH60 wreck chopper), heading back to base with a wreck. You know the Wreck Repair Point (Aircraft and Vehicle Service) is at the Southern most end of the runway, between the Taxiway and Runway. You also know that the Pilot of that UH60 is also a Certified Pilot, so he will announce his approach and intentions, approach from the Northwest and land on the Runway heading Southeast. Once established in a "High Taxi", he will turn off the runway due South and move into the Wreck Repair Point. After dropping the wreck, he will either taxi via the taxiway (not across the buildings and over the tower) to Aircraft Service, Parking Space or to the active runway to head back out to retrieve another wreck.

Knowing this kind of information gives you "Situational Awareness" and does the same for ALL other Pilots. This way everyone is on the "same sheet of music" and the guesswork is removed, thus reducing the risk of collisions.

Will this cause delays...yes but only by a few seconds or a minute. The benefits far outweigh the cons and helps us to be more productive, more successful and much more professional.

Tip...Did you know you can press up into a hover, take the taxiway in front of the aircraft parking spaces and taxi down to the first cross ramp and then onto the main Runway (Northwest end) in about 45 seconds. Also, in the UH60, it takes about 18 seconds for the engine to spool up to take off power.

In Flight Procedures

Navigation

Being able to accurately navigate to and from certain points on the map is critical...

more to follow soon

Edited by Stang

Hey Stang, what's your method of landing on a reverse slope? I always have problems when I'm coming in hot and need to stop quick. On a reverse slope, I almost always either overshoot the target, or turn too hard when I'm flaring and lose too much altitude.

It's no problem when I'm coming in slow, only on those hot extractions.

I'm just giving Halli a hard time for messing with me on the server last week. I really have a blast listening to him give people crap, for not paying attention or following orders.

I love it when he say "Goobers", referring to Pilots...that cracks me up every time...trouble is he's right...we do look and act like Goobers sometimes.

.....OK, A Lot of the time!

:P

I expect once the BLOGGING is done, we'll cut out redundant information and make it lean-er and mean-er, thus a more usable document. I would still like to hear what format everyone thinks this should end up in. We could have it as a website page(s) so that everyone can get to it easy or as a PDF that could be downloaded by the user.

What do you guys think?

I vote that we assign Halli as the official proofreader for this document. :)

Don't forget the K.I.S.S method though.. good content, just keep it lean and mean. I do enjoy the levity.

Durka,

This question gets the "standard Pilot's answer"....it depends.

Sorry in advance for the long winded response but it's a question that can't be "simply" answered. It depends on many factors like:

• The angle of the slope
  • Obstacles in the landing area and on the Takeoff path
  • If the LZ is HOT and which way the slope runs, in reference to the enemy position.
  • Blade clearance
  • Wind direction
  • temperature
  • yata, yata, yata

First, you never land in a downhill orientation as the risk of Tail Rotor strikes increases dramatically. If the LZ is HOT and you need to get in and out quick, you typically perform a "loaded hover" maneuver. This is simply where you come in to the LZ, transition into a low hover, pedal turn perpendicular to the slope, (Skids no more than 2 feet off the ground or if the Skids/Wheels do touch the ground, it's with very little pressure on them), low enough so troops can climb in quickly.

You want to keep the rotor blades "loaded" to minimize the transition time from an unloaded to loaded condition. This is only seconds but in a HOT LZ, seconds count. It also helps reduce the risk of aircraft rollover. Does this make sense?

Depending on the angle of the slope and blade clearances, this can be parallel or perpendicular to the slope (facing uphill) for the approach and perpendicular for the TDP (touch down point). The actual landing direction will typically be predicated on the wind direction although, I'll trade performance any day, for not flying head first into the bad guys position.

Secondly, the angle of the slope and your exit path have to come into the equation. Severely angled slopes are avoided because of the clearance issues with the main and tail rotor blades and the fact that helicopters are very "Top Heavy" and roll over easily. Also taking off with a uphill slope in front of you keeps you in ground effect longer, thus reducing your performance "somewhat" due to gravity. When you depart downhill, gravity works in your favor "a little" (...back to seconds here but it adds up), (if) the wind is coming from the right direction). Either way, you always want to land and takeoff into the wind. In the sim we have no way on knowing what direction the wind is blowing, so for this discussion it's a mute point.

Ultimately it all starts with a good approach and a planned exit strategy. I've seen many times (you guys probably have too), where the pilot up front approaches the LZ at Vmax (the fastest he can get the helicopter going) and then when he thinks he's over the LZ, he abruptly snatched the nose up 60° - 70° in an effort to stop forward momentum; all the while gaining altitude like a "bat out of hell". Then he tries to descend straight back down into the LZ (through enemy fire) directly below him, from a much higher altitude than he started at. During the descent you typically hear, "smack", "boom" and everyone is dead from a SAM or enemy fire.

So what's the recommendation?

Understand this first...It's a little harder in the sim than real life...if you can believe that. In the sim, we really don't have good peripheral vision nor any real depth perception. This adds up to making things "sporty" sometimes.

In real life we typically would not "land" parallel with a major slope facing downhill ever. In that environment, we would approach parallel to the slope (terrain permitting) and then pedal turn 90° and put the inside skid (or or main gearwheel) down on the slope, holding a "light hover" and using the main rotor to negate the angle of the slope. Troops would access the aircraft via the "low side of the slope" where you have the most Main Rotor clearance. Your fastest insertions and extractions will always be running hovers (basically not touching the ground at all). These are typically performed perpendicular to the slope.

Come in at treetop level and pick a landing point TPD (Touch Down Point). This can be a perpendicular to a tree or ditch or anything to aim at. Then nose down and reduce collective to start the descent, creating a glide slope that runs between your aircraft and the landing spot. Smoothly apply back pressure on the stick to pitch the aircraft up (without increasing altitude, just changing pitch here). When done properly you should be able slow the aircraft and maintain the descent angle and forward momentum to your target point (TDP) in the LZ.

Trying to do this successfully at Vmax is a recipe for disaster. Slow down to about 100 knots before you get into the LZ area or less, then push the nose over and start your descent. Once established in a slow running hover, pedal turn 90°, stop forward momentum and load the troops then head out in a non-straight line departure (jinking). Remember to keep the main rotor horizontal or slightly into the slope to counter roll over tendencies.

Here is a link with a few pictures that show this a little better than I can describe

HERE

Here is a good presentation showing all the things that come in to play for landings. Copy and paste the link into your browser andit will download the Power Point.

HERE

Another good site for information

HERE

Let me know if this helps.

Hey Stang, what's your method of landing on a reverse slope? I always have problems when I'm coming in hot and need to stop quick. On a reverse slope, I almost always either overshoot the target, or turn too hard when I'm flaring and lose too much altitude.

Edited by Stang

WARNING: The above post can, will, and has already been, taken OUT OF CONTEXT.

It gets funnier the more times you read it. LOL. Well done Durka, well done indeed. Wink wink, nudge nudge. Know what I mean?

IPB Image

On topic though, I applaud the work you guys are doing with this. Excellent.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Remember guys to all be in the same team when Mr. Dr. Waffles is mounting a C130. There must be a Diamond around you otherwise Dr. Waffles will kill you and when sitting in a Hercules this means that he is coming with a Kamikaze-maneuver in order to stop you. :P

Yeah, that's Waffles... I'd also like to throw my hat into the ring to become a "Certified Pilot."

Great so far! Just remember to keep it simple. You can link to the vehicle section of the other guide, but keep the information we NEED to know simple. Things like the rules (always use taxiways/runways, No goofballing, only attack targets you're asked to [unless given a general "kill" order, and then it's only what you're told {CAS for example, or SEAD}], etc.) and procedures need to be easy enough to memorize for the test. I don't want to have to remember a whole instruction manual just to fly a virtual airplane. Maybe keep it to a small page of info.

And on the taxi'ing in specific: I like setting up takeoff/landing to one direction (always southeast-bound? So that we minimize risk of head-on collisions), but forcing the helis (and sometimes F-35B/AV-8B) to use the taxiways and runway is a bit much. Unless it's an emergency, they should never cross the runway, and can't cross the helipads unless they are landing.

But keep up the good work. We'll start cutting off chunks when you're done with it.

Holy Hell That's too much too read....Shit man Durka and I are from Tennessee Ain'tcha Jes got Pickchers.

It's simple..........

1. Be on TS

2. Don't get in the damn Chopper if we don't need one!

3. Take the damn Wreck chopper back Goober we don't need it buzzing in our ears.

4. Hey Peckerhead I never heard you say you were lifting off in 60 Secs.

5. Hey Johnboy You On TS???? Ok hold my beer I gotta Kick this Bonehead!

6. If your in Johnboys Chopper you may want to Eject quick.............................OVER

Cracks me up every time

:hysterical:

Holy Hell That's too much too read....Shit man Durka and I are from Tennessee Ain'tcha Jes got Pickchers.

It's simple..........

1. Be on TS

2. Don't get in the damn Chopper if we don't need one!

3. Take the damn Wreck chopper back Goober we don't need it buzzing in our ears.

4. Hey Peckerhead I never heard you say you were lifting off in 60 Secs.

5. Hey Johnboy You On TS???? Ok hold my beer I gotta Kick this Bonehead!

6. If your in Johnboys Chopper you may want to Eject quick.............................OVER

Great so far! Just remember to keep it simple. You can link to the vehicle section of the other guide, but keep the information we NEED to know simple. Things like the rules (always use taxiways/runways, No goofballing, only attack targets you're asked to [unless given a general "kill" order, and then it's only what you're told {CAS for example, or SEAD}], etc.) and procedures need to be easy enough to memorize for the test. I don't want to have to remember a whole instruction manual just to fly a virtual airplane. Maybe keep it to a small page of info.

And on the taxi'ing in specific: I like setting up takeoff/landing to one direction (always southeast-bound? So that we minimize risk of head-on collisions), but forcing the helis (and sometimes F-35B/AV-8B) to use the taxiways and runway is a bit much. Unless it's an emergency, they should never cross the runway, and can't cross the helipads unless they are landing.

But keep up the good work. We'll start cutting off chunks when you're done with it.

A nice addition would be to have an air traffic controller at the base, but that's a bit boring of a job. An easier solution would be to make colored map markers for the flight line and approach/takeoff directions. This can be done easily with arrows when editing the DOM map or any other.

Really.... :down:

This is a resource guide and thus...it will have resources.

Will you need them all...all the time, no

Will it come in handy to have....YES

We'll start cutting off chunks when you're done with it.

...but forcing the helis (and sometimes F-35B/AV-8B) to use the taxiways and runway is a bit much. Unless it's an emergency, they should never cross the runway, and can't cross the helipads unless they are landing.

I agree about taxiing helos and the F35B, it's just too much to expect in this sim. Even though this game will permit a greater formality for this sort of certification/qualification, it still isn't RL, so the usefulness of ATC, or taxiing helos (they really do that in RL?) seems lost. A pilot can still come across plenty professional as long as the operations are consistent among the flight class, like Helo's not crossing the runway at low altitude w/o notice to pilots in TS.

The F35 and AV8 VTOL, when utilizing VTOL, should probably have the same rules as Helos, but should recieve air space preference over helos in the game given their maneuverability relative to a helo.

As for the rest,

I agree about taxiing helos and the F35B, it's just too much to expect in this sim. Even though this game will permit a greater formality for this sort of certification/qualification, it still isn't RL, so the usefulness of ATC, or taxiing helos (they really do that in RL?) seems lost. A pilot can still come across plenty professional as long as the operations are consistent among the flight class, like Helo's not crossing the runway at low altitude w/o notice to pilots in TS.

The F35 and AV8 VTOL, when utilizing VTOL, should probably have the same rules as Helos, but should recieve air space preference over helos in the game given their maneuverability relative to a helo.

It's quite easy to sort this out, Anyone involved in an mid-air gets grounded. That should focus the mind a little :D

HAHA. You all are so very funny regarding my alleged poor flying skills. :) But know this, once inside the C130 I have at least a 50% chance of taxiing to the runway, a 25% chance of taking off, 50% chance of flying beyond 100 yards, and then a 6% chance of dropping my cargo. Beyond that I have a 100% chance of being able to land, but only a 3% chance of surviving that landing.

So there!

Hey all some of you know me others do not, yet. I'm CWO.ArcWolf6 in game names hard to forget. I've done a couple tact nights with you guys and a lot of random hours throughout the day. Its been about 2weeks since i last played on your server. I fly about 95% of the time when i play on your server. So last night logged on and was told about the new flight rules and to hit the forums up to get my name on list so here I am. Don't know all the admins or regulars yet but ill drop a couple names that might help. StrongHarm and Jackseven have enjoyed my flying along with others. I guess for credentials the best i can come up with is im a real rotor-craft pilot. No military service yet but soon enough. Have about 300+hours of MH-60 time in game. I can long line like a Helicrane pro. Only been shot down/wreck a handful of times while transporting online. Classic lag or even better pilot error while reaching for my beer/ciggys. Ive been doing the 60sec flight warning on your server since i can remember along with taxi's down runway 15 2m off the ground at 60nm. Can fly any craft in game very well id just like to whore myself to the Mh-60 sqd. Catch yall online.

Btw not sure if you guys end up doing rank or not but Captain or Lieutenant would work. A Chief Warrant Officer is Army not the Devil Dogs.

Edited by ArcWolf6

There is no rank it is all about understanding ours rules as a pilot.

1. If the main AO has a pilot then ..............We don't need second one.

2. Same for Side missions.

3 You are to communicate with the group as to where you are going and why....Really you should not be spinning up till asked for.

4. You must at all times before lift off tell all :THIS IS ARCWOLF6 Leaving base to AO in 1 min....TS and Text.

this gives anyone needing a lift a chance to ride.

We need your user ID, You can Pm any Moderator/Admin with that.......OUT