Spartans Home

Sparta Certified Pilot Class - Info HERE

Stang~SPARTA~

b00ce - good video. How about your strategy on the following 2 items:

1) coming in fast at 50m height, and doing a landing on the backside of a hill.

2) strategy for landing when tail rotor is shot out.

Here's how I land my choppers, which I usually never go above 30ft altitude.

Sorry, not going to re-edit a video just to take the music out. Chopper sound isn't needed if one pays attention to the text.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b00ce - good video. How about your strategy on the following 2 items:

1) coming in fast at 50m height, and doing a landing on the backside of a hill.

50m is REALLY high, so I'd lower my altitude to less than or equal to 30 meters, depending on trees

(the tallest are 29m or so.
:thumbsup:
), and swing around the hill to A. bleed some speed and B. come in for a nicer "landing".

I'd then flare, come in and hover at a meter or so above the ground, I never land on a hill.

2) strategy for landing when tail rotor is shot out.

I come in low and at about 50Km/h, to keep me from spinning, lay it down gently and skid to a stop.

:pilot:

I'd like to be involved with training if you need someone.

I'm very proficient in all aspects of flight. All fixed, rotary and variable fixed wing phases of flight including air combat, ground attack and emergency procedures.

I'm a real commercial fixed wing flight instructor by trade. Not that it really matters here.

Highway

Edited by Highway

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to be able to fly i your sever recusting help to be able to fly. Ine game name iceman. ID 40064

done you can use the transport chopper and mhq for start if you need to fly cas or cap post here and you will

be added .

make sure you know all the rules for flying in the server.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I am roommates with Arc.Wolf and can fly like a champ. We both fly rotor craft in real life. I own a Schweizer 300c and am working on my CFI. I would like to be certified, not only because I want to fly, but also for loading ammo/moving the LAV. Anyway, thanks for your time!

Enzlow

Hey guys,

I am roommates with Arc.Wolf and can fly like a champ. We both fly rotor craft in real life. I own a Schweizer 300c and am working on my CFI. I would like to be certified, not only because I want to fly, but also for loading ammo/moving the LAV. Anyway, thanks for your time!

Enzlow

That's really cool, Enzlow. Is that a kit copter, or something you bought off a manufacturer? How much does one of those things cost?

That's really cool, Enzlow. Is that a kit copter, or something you bought off a manufacturer? How much does one of those things cost?
Definitely not a kit helo, it starts out around 300K... and is much safer than the 85K kit auto-rotate machines. :lol:

Heyo,

Yeah, its a full on choppa... They used it for military training for 20+ years and is a design that is still in production after 50+ years. All around its a small, low powered helo, but it is perfect for training due to low operating costs. Also, its ultra sensitive on the controls and very forgiving for new pilots. I should post a picture for ya : )

Enzlow

Heyo,

Hey admins, I posted earlier about getting flying rights and received them shortly after my post. The problem is that my flight rights disappeared. In the time I had the right to fly, I didn't fly or give anyone a reason to revoke my rights in any fashion. Anyway, I hope you guys can look into it, because having the flight rights will make it more enjoyable for my roommate ArcWolf and I to play... Also I won't crash/misuse the assets in game. I have read and understand all of the rules posted within this forum. Lastly, I take pride in my flying and hope that I can help out when needed.

Enzlow

Spazo - I fly out of the Seattle/Tacoma area of washington state. I plan on being a full time CFI and run my own Helicopter Training school until I have more than enough hours to get a sweet pilot job.

Seattle, eh? Wrong side of the nation for me. I'm professional fixed wing pilot but have always wanted to do rotor. Got a couple friends in the State Police operating Dolphins and I've done some "ride-alongs"... pretty pimp.

Spazo - I fly out of the Seattle/Tacoma area of washington state. I plan on being a full time CFI and run my own Helicopter Training school until I have more than enough hours to get a sweet pilot job.

So... Ya think you can cut me a deal on flying lessons? :lol: