Spartans Home

My Afghanistan vid

Jason~SPARTA~

Awesome video, thanks for serving.

Right on vid!

A few questions:

3:36. What is SHQ?

4:32. Do tanks run with barrel plugs? I thought I'd see right down the muzzle.

6:18 What is the soldier carrying in the foreground, a dragunov?

7:20 What are we looking at, the little flame?

7:34 -same question, what do we see?

Excellent vid mate, further to our conversation about the Challenger II and the rifling of the main gun. The old ones used by the British forces had a rifled barrel and the new ones use a smooth bore.

1) SHQ is Squadren Head Quarters

2) We covered the muzles with gun tape to keep em clean

3) yep, its a dragunov, he is a member of the Agan National army, we do most of our operations with them

4) it was a failed IED that I shot at with the main gun, not much noise inside when I fire eh..

5) when I fire the main gun a shutter closes momentarly to protect the shooters vision from the effects of firing the main gun

6) I just held my camera to my sights and used the veiw screen on the camera to make my adjustments too fire. but the first firefight in the video, my driver was doing all the filming throught is episcopes, that is me you can hear in the background yelling and making coax adjustments durring the engagement.

the tank rounds that are in this vid are from the Leopard 1 that we have and its a 105mm. We now are using the Leapard 2A6M witch has a 120mm, and they are even bigger.

see ya in game :darkvador: