Spartans Home

A quick shout out to the guys on the server...

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Big thanks to the admins always without whom this wouldnt work at all. :clapping:

But although Ive only been playing in the servers for several weeks there are a few ppl i want to say thanx to for watching my back, playing as a tight squad at different times, playing the game the way its meant to be played, and making the coop experience as it should be.

All the chopper pilots - thanks heaps - it's not something ive ever bothered to learn and i prolly should, but without you guys we just cant do what we need to do on the ground. Take a bow! :clapping:

Sparta crew - specifically Halli, Morgan, Custard, Durka and Xeno - not sure if i have played with others yet aplogies if i missed you. But you guys are alway helpful and friendly and make it enjoyable as well as having a good laugh on comms every now and then. And you also play it the right way which is the only way. :clapping:

Scorpion - i'm not sure where i hooked up with Scorps but one day under fire i look around and there he is watching my 6 and clearing the danger for me. He is cool and calm and you know when he's at your side things are going to go well - very classy player and a pleasure to play alongside. We have a good thing going here which doesnt happen often in a server - besides the usual tactical teamwork we will also exchange magazines if one is running low, or hand over a SMAW if we have a spare. This is teamwork at its absolute best and if you can find a guy like Scorpion to partner with your gaming enjoyment will jump tenfold. :clapping: thanx bro.

Fish - same goes, we hooked up today on the server and singlehandedly took out 20 or 30 tangoes and 4 or 5 armor units. Total confidence in Fish and a joy to play with. I will fight by your side anytime. :clapping:

TAW_Blacksun - same deal but you want to watch him flying choppers - at last count he failed on 4 or 5 goes in a row to exit the airbase (due to enemy fire unfortunately) :clapping:

Coyote - another player who knows how to take care of business.

I know ive missed some - still learning names but this is a little thank you thread for making the server work.

Anyone want to thank anyone else - go right ahead.

Lightspeed

Edited by Lightspeed

We are lucky to have so many good players on our server, but I didnt know xeno visited us.

I would add to your list but dont want to offend by omission. But it is true that there are some players, who when covering your 6 dont get distracted and run off. You know who you are and thanks for saving my bacon.

Yeah I myself feel much better when the regulars are in game as My duties to Admin are absorbed by them as they

tell the boneheads to behave.

There are many more that Lightspeed missed....with that said guys get them to join the fourms so we can communicate

better.

Oh and Lightspeed it is our pleasure to have you in there. B)

We are lucky to have so many good players on our server, but I didnt know xeno visited us.

I would add to your list but dont want to offend by omission. But it is true that there are some players, who when covering your 6 dont get distracted and run off. You know who you are and thanks for saving my bacon.

dw zeno its ok ill allways be there , in sprit but still there ish lol

Nice post, I can't believe there are so many good players out there or have a lot of COD lovers seen the light LOL.

LOL! That's one of the better lines I've heard! I'm no good player myself yet but I am a (former) COD only player. WaW killed the interest, as did my former clan's handling of the division.

Having said that, open warfare is SO much better and still can have the intensity of the COD games.

I have still yet the pleasure of playing alongside a ~Sparta~ member but the guys mentioned here I've played with already a few days and they've been great! Really good server guys...although my ping's a bit high but it's good nonetheless. Let's keep it up!

COD can be, and is played tactically on a number of servers, even W@W.

Come back to the dark side :darkvador:

You are right to some degree, limited by the size of the maps and "perks" .... not to mention the buddies you can play alongside in the server.

I had set up a few tactical servers in the past. WaW in particular was very popular! Lot's were playing there. We had good admins! Then came the complaining within....a few RnG folk were complaining and started a rift.....most of which either left and then wanted only RnG after that.

My response would be that 'tactical' in COD is definitely different than 'tactical' in say Arma2 (and likely OPF2 as well). I understand your point though. I've play COD games primarily and know fully what you're talking about. When it works it works well but nothing beats open warfare!

Hehehe,

I enjoyed ArmA, but found the admin to be way over the top.

Maybe the tools have changed, or maybe the type of player has, but keeping the idiots off the servers was way too much hassle.

Hope you guys keep up the good work, sounds like the ArmA 2 server is a big hit

Samurai Out