Spartans Home

Goodbye to my Jaguar

Zeno~SPARTA~

After years of faultless service, the old girl has gone on to pastures new.

User posted image

In its day it was the worlds most powerful 4 door saloon car, long since surpassed, but its seemless acceleration will stay with me forever. Its 370 bhp supercharged 4.0l V8 could embarrass a Porsche, today some Evo's nearly put out that much from a 2.0l 4 cylinder engine.

My 4 cars added up to nearly a thousand horsepower, now I am down to 590 from 3, lol.

I allways like the XKE with the v12. I see that they opened a new Astin Martin dealer near buy. I liked those as well.

There are close on 2400 Astons in dealer stock inventory around the globe, apparently there are some good deals to be had.

The credit crunch even effects the uber wealthy, apparently :lol: ???

LOL, I doubt it.

As crass as it may seem when people are suffering economically and otherwise, I am and always have been a petrolhead. Events have taken place in that car. I have some attachment to it. But as they say the king is dead, long live the king. Remember I'm just an eastend barro' boy shiny toys please me, lol.

Watcman, in America a lot of Astons were bought on credit, no credit = reduced sales.

But I would love a DB9 or Maserati Gran tourismo S when they are cheap enough.

But I would love a DB9 or Maserati Gran tourismo S when they are cheap enough.

£50k cheap enough???

'05 DB9 for 50k

A tidy looking 2005 blue DB9 with just under 20k miles for £49995. That's 50%+ depreciation in less than 4 years!!!!!

I need a LHD, I dont live in old blighty anymore.

whats the servicing like. How often do the cam belts need changing etc. Are the DB9's fragile.

I would imagine left hookers are just as easy and just as cheap to come by. As for servicing, they're up around the 10k interval mark but they don't come cheap.

If you consider that to drop the powertrain is a 3 - 4 hour job, so around £450 and then consider you have to drop the powertrain to:

replace any belts / replace the plugs / wiper motor / basically anything in the engine bay requires the powertrain to be dropped so the bills soon start to add up!

Wishbone bushes (suspension arms) are not a service item, it requires a complete arm replacement. So again expensive and time consuming and ALL Astons on the road at the moment use plastic bodied bushes which suffer from "walking out" of the arms, so basically, subject to use, they need changing at circa 5k miles. We are in the final stages of an aluminium bodied bush that will stop this issue but that will take time to filter through to used cars.

I believe cam belts are reasonable but not sure of exact mileage point.