Spartans Home

Liberation 8 man CO-OP (without fires)

DaiSan

I agree Tactical should not be one life but playing tactical if I am playing a game and can not join after dieing I will find something else to play or elsewhere.

If all our games were one life only I would leave (the group) and find a place that I can enjoy as I am here for the enjoyment and not work.

No what I meant to say above, Is yes I agree there are some that want to play the game in a fun manor. And there are some that want to play True Tactical that's fun for them.

Now remember this is the type of group we advertise, and are servers are named tactical. So may I make a suggestion. Can we run a poll, as to what people want from the Arma servers and the up and coming Arma II/OPF2/GB.

Just keep it simple, and to members only.

Tactical Play :- No Spawns, No Revives, Team Play To The Extreme, Only Game Comms In TS

Semi Tactical :- No Spawns, Yes Revives, Team Play, Only Games Comms In TS with a bit of banter

None Tactical :- Spawns, Revives, Team Play, Any thing goes within reason in TS

Gun & Run :- Spawns, Revives, Lone Wolfs, Any thing goes within reason in TS

I would just like to know what the group wants overall, and a think a few other players would like to know also.

Maybe we can setup both. Because l have days where I want to just kills things, and others I like the idea of true team play, there is good feeling you get from completing a mission.

And yes it can be a bit boring, like some days I may just cover X-Winds six, when he is snipping. But without me covering his six we would not complete the mission. And it works both ways, one day I will be sniper and there will be a player covering my six.

A couple of us had this discussion last night which was interesting.

Personally I think the most tactical type of play is with revives, this is the most realistic option as it forces teams or squads to change plans mid mission, make sure a position is as secure as possible before reviving and stay together.

Revives should be limited though.

Personally I would like to see a 'Pool' of revives that the team use rather than individual revives but this isn't possible with the game so individual it is.

Respawn I don't particularly like as I find this too unrealistic.

I think some revives are ok. As Zeno said, we play some of these for hours.

A limit on revives is fine with me.

I think most of us do our best to not use them. Yes occasionally shit hits the fan when someone misses an order or

etc.

It is important to note that on our most intense tactical maps we do not die very much.

Most never more than twice except when we have a revive in a very dangerous area or the map has a bug that screws everything up. I think that is a note worthy improvement over our abilities 2 months ago.

The fact that others have to die to save you provides a good incentive to make sure you don't get careless.

Soon we will get better at reviving in dangerous situations.

I also agree with Dai-san on revives in that they do cause the team to change their tactical plans unexpectedly, sometimes in very nasty situations. Upon successful revive, the team has to re-deploy for the objective. We have improved our abilities in this area.

As I get better I want no respawns and limited if any revives but also want people like Target and rtr to join in and they need to learn and we all need somewhere to sometimes just to blow crap up so I think we need a bit of both.

I would like (this is just me I haven't discussed this with anyone yet) to change either EVO or XAM sever to another missions server.

I would like one of the mission servers to be no respawn very limited revive (no revive when we feel up to it) and the other limited respawns or revives to allow us to practice and for our friends to join in.

Whatever we do I will wish to play tactical some days and others not and as we grow the opportunities for us to both will grow with numbers of members increasing.

Tactical Play :- No Spawns, No Revives, Team Play To The Extreme, Only Game Comms In TS

I am fine with this for mission nights and for those that want to play that way, I would recomend that you put a time limit on these missions.

Semi Tactical :- No Spawns, Yes Revives, Team Play, Only Games Comms In TS with a bit of banter

This is my preference, but with tactical comms.

None Tactical :- Spawns, Revives, Team Play, Any thing goes within reason in TS

This should be limited to the evo or dom server but TS should still be mostly tactical. just greetings and other polite stuff.

Gun & Run :- Spawns, Revives, Lone Wolfs, Any thing goes within reason in TS

I dont want to see arma go down this route, frankly.

I dont think the tactical play is boring, although it may be slow for some., I enjoy the missions more than any other game we play, but I will go with the majority.

• 3 weeks later...