Spartans Home

I need to get in shape!

Yep i have finally drawn the line. No more eating cake, Mc.D (hated it anyway) or bacon. Yes u heard me NO MORE BACON.

I whent to the local loanshark and borrowed money for this little baby:

http://www.focusbikesuk.com/focus-hardtail...aven_expert.php

I will recieve it saturday and take it for the first ride. :)

No i will not fall of the bike except when going down the hill with 50+ km/ph cos thats always what happens. Done it ones and i will do it again.

I have been riding XC (cross country) since i was 16 years but had to stop because of knee problems. I then started on a roadbike but that was so borring that i ended up selling it again 6 monthe later. Now i will give it a go again but i need to remind myself that i am not 20 anymore and the body takes a little longer to recover after a broken bone ;)

Lets get swetty and dirty again.. YEAHH! baby i like it.

Ya be carfull there budd, you don't want to become, what we say in america, "Road Pizza" Or a kilometer long skidd mark. Been there, not a fun thing. One thing I won't give up is my triple level BLT= Bacon lettice and tomato on toast. Start with delcately tosted white fresh bread with that just baked smell, And 6 strips thin bacon perfectly cooked to perfection with just the right crispness, And ice cold lettice with the little drops of water on it. With 2 slices of a fresh, Smooth, ripe delcate red tomato dripping with flavor, cutt 1/4" thick. And start with 1 piece of toast add lettice and tomato, then anouther piece of delcate toast, then stack on the perfectly cooked bacon to perfection, and add that last piece of toast to topp it off, Must be eaten with a giant glass of chocolate Milk so rich in in chocolate that it looks allmost black. And thats a BLT!!!!!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yep i have finally drawn the line. No more eating cake, Mc.D (hated it anyway) or bacon. Yes u heard me NO MORE BACON.

I whent to the local loanshark and borrowed money for this little baby:

http://www.focusbikesuk.com/focus-hardtail...aven_expert.php

I will recieve it saturday and take it for the first ride. :)

No i will not fall of the bike except when going down the hill with 50+ km/ph cos thats always what happens. Done it ones and i will do it again.

I have been riding XC (cross country) since i was 16 years but had to stop because of knee problems. I then started on a roadbike but that was so borring that i ended up selling it again 6 monthe later. Now i will give it a go again but i need to remind myself that i am not 20 anymore and the body takes a little longer to recover after a broken bone ;)

Lets get swetty and dirty again.. YEAHH! baby i like it.

Sweet, another biker!! :)

I have a new blog to outline some of my biking adventures and other stuff too: http://bmickey1972.blogspot.com/

I've been biking a lot this year too, in fact last Saturday I road another 51 miler in about 3 hours time.

I just got my Garmin Edge 705 and this will help motivate me, this thing is sweeet!!! I can download my workouts onto my PC and then upload them to the web and also it logs every piece of data you can think of imaginable (current speed, avg speed, mileage, odometer, heart rate, ascent/descent, gps position, etc etc etc.. )

check out the course I did last Saturday:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-state...us/796148590488

Another thing you can use whether you have a GPS-enabled cycling computer or not is a activity log for recording your workouts and setting goals, here is one of the better I've found:

http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/

I use technology obviously to keep me motivated and working out...hey whatever helps right!! :)

Edited by THS_Tritonb

Nothing can upset me so don´t worry Athlon. I have done almost every stunt on mountainbike just ask my big sister what she thinks of me when i one day came home covered in blood and my whole left side was torn up. "Don´t stand there and bleed on the carpet" she said and then she chased out on the bathroom where she handed me a bottle of hydrogenperoxid and told me to clean myself up.

That was funny ;)

I have a friend who is actually the one that has gotten me started again cos he bought a mountainbike a little while ago and he too needs someone to pace him so here i am.

The bike is not what i have been used to from the early days but it will have to do for now. I had a Spezialized M4 S-works hardtail with Manitou fork and full Shimano XTR. I still need to pull myself together cos the bike is pretty well sorted so i will look stupid riding a bike like that and still being overtaken by granny.

You are right! A BLT is really quite good for you, it has most of the food groups, vegie= lettice, tomatio wicth is related to strawberrys, pork wicth is the outher white meat, high in proteen low in colesterol, bread wicth is from the cerial grain group. and milk, calsium, vitamin D, chaloate a really good anti oxident. Then eat a fish oil pill and drink a v8 juice and your set! And wile we are on the subject cake is good for you to except all the sugery frosting, but then again suger is a natural stimulant for quick energy. And what does cake have in it? milk, eggs, flour, suger, yeast, Can't be all that bad. A friend of mine once said "A mans got to know his limmitations"

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

watch out that loanshark don't bite ya...lol

Glad we don't have em over here, I'd be broke till the bone for ever.....

I'd love to ride a bike though, but I also know that hobbies (except for that frikkin computer) never last long with me....

I do ride a bike though on sathurday for the groceries....

here's my ride...lolIPB Image

(It's black, and the hood is usually off)

My wife uses it during the week to transport our kids (3 of my own, the eldest has his own bike, and 4 kids we take care of)

Edited by Forrester

LOL, did you post a link to the wrong picture, it is in fact a motor bike. $3,500 and people say I have more money than sense. Nice Bike though!!!

The Specialized bike i had before cost around 5000$ so this i almost like a good offer. But seriously i only do this because i really need to get in shape and if u buy a cheap bike for around 1000$ u tend to get annoyed by the fact that things dosn´t work 100% and knowing my self enough that i will just kick the bike and put it in the corner of the shed. Yes its a lot of money but its also the last thing i have after selling my motorbike and diving equipment. I don´t climb anymore also so this is the only thats left