Spartans Home

MSO player request

DaiSan

Please post below if you would like a slot added to the server for your use stating which squad you would like to join. The choices are:

1: BAF

2: US Army

3: US Marine Corp

Please at least give the MSO a try as a guest before requesting a slot as it means a mission edit and a server restart to upload the new file.

If you could make a USMC Team Leader, that would be awesome.

BTW, Thanks for all your hard work, Dai!

I thought you already had a slot Yoshi but I will check when I get home from work.

One quick thing about slot requests, I have no problem making people Team Leaders but this slot comes with responibilites.

I expect ALL Team Leaders to be leaving JIP Markers and After Action Reports.

I cannot stress how important these are to the core gameplay of MSO.

If I notice that any Team Leaders are playing often but not leaving information then I will re classify them to Rifleman. This may seem harsh but if you want the kudos then you gotta work for it.

I guess I will give a shot to this version, although the "whole picture" is still not too clear to me.

Don't feel obligated mate, less work for me if you don't want a slot so let me know if your sure.

I'll try and give you an idea of what this is about (although looking through the user guide gives you a fair idea).

If you like being a one man killing spree with access to every item and unlimited resources then tbh, the Domination server is more suitable.

This is definitely squad based, it is an ongoing occupation with random enemy and convoys.

The only server generated Tasks are convoy destruction ANY other tasks can be assigned by Team Leaders and the whole gametype relies on ALL players leaving accurate JIP Markers and After Action Reports.

It is a persistent mission meaning when you leave the server is saves you location and your kit and ammo. It does not (as we are finding out) save a vehicle you may have or backpacks (I am looking into this). When you rejoin the server you will spawn back where you were when you left.

Assets are precious and as true to life as possible, if you take a Humvee out on patrol you better take some fuel cans and Tyres with you as the can (and will) get damaged.

Personally I see the server working best like this (others will probably disagree).

Normally you will join and you maybe alone or with only one or two others. If this is the case then attacking or ambushing anything substantial is probably a fruitless task.

So what do you do?

RECON!

Kit yourself out, load some spares in a vehicle and go and find stuff, search for enemy forces, look for good ambush points etc and MARK THEM ON THE MAP using JIP Markers, then leave an AAR with details of what you saw and what happened. If one of you is a Team Leader he can then create a TASK.

If this is done then a group can then organise a time when a more substantial force can be gathered and we can then go complete the Task.

If this doesn't suit you then maybe you would enjoy taking Assets and building an ambush point or a FOB somewhere which can be used as a staging post.

If your still bored then tbh you need to find another gametype as this certainly won't suit everyone.

There are many bugs and issues we are coming across that I am trying to sort but if enough interest is there then I don't mind putting the effort in (gives Zeno a rest at least).

Thats about all I can face typing on an iPhone atm so hope this helps a little.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

Dai San you found a diamond! in the goldmine that is Armaholic,thanks for the work!

I for some reason am addicted to "building" i dont know why ha! i've always loved "city-builder" games and the such so i guess thats why.....its so much fun!

Everyone should give this a go,just dont expect to jump in the server kit up and start fragging...as has been said before; just make sure you're with a few others in the server cause when you're alone it can be overwhelming at first.

Thx Dai,

I did read the User guide but your quick explanation definetely clarify a few points.

Then yes I am interested to have a permanent spot with 1-2-A team.

Also, from some of Peter comments, it sounds like there are Ammo crates we can seek and destroy. I didn t read anything about that on the user guide.

I just would like to understand what is the extent of "events" we can meet on this Simulation. I do understand is Random Enemy forces but I would like to know if there are specific Enemy Assets (as Ammo Crates, Command posts, MHQs , etc.) we may expect to encounter. Any Intel is welcome.

Thank you.

I agree with noob here. I've given it a few goes and it has been a good experience. Often times on the way to areas I've run across large ambushes and enemy vehicles driving on the roads. I see a caravan with a few friendlies roaming about completing objectives as a very fun experience.

Still a few bugs to work out, but this is a good mod. I'd be interested to know what can be done to prevent server crashes/disconnections and not lose all of our data.

Well disconnects shouldnt matter much as you will just spawn back where you "disconnected",even if you lose connection there's still a "....... disconnected" so you should be good....... the other thing...server crashing!!! a total disaster!! BUT! i dont know about anyone else but in all the time i've been playing at SPARTA i've seen maybe 3 or 4 server crashes and 2 or 3 of those were back to back same night....but yeah IF it happens ...oh boy.......a 2 or 4 hourly autosave script would have been awesome.

My slots fine dai cheers. as to the crash/disconect issue ive found by dropping the detail seting (found in ace key ) ive had much better performance. As im just the bus driver i dont need much detail from 150m up so its not a prob for me