Spartans Home

Ideas

Gunthar~SPARTA~

As some of you know I have been working on an Intel retrieval mission for the past week or so. It is currently into the "polishing" stage where i start to make sure everything is just perfect and I finish out the briefing and documentation that goes along with it, however the core mission is done and seems to be working well so far.

I would like two things from this post:

1. A new sexy name for the Intel retrieval mission instead of Operation Rawgunooster.

2. The second stage will be an all out AI assisted assault on the town of Zargabad. I need some ideas of what you guys would like to see happen. If you have always wanted to see a para drop of friendly troops while apache's strafe a tank battalion with your tanks engaging their tanks please let me know of a scene that you want to see. I will try to fit them into the mission where I can. This way when you play it you get a sense of ownership and help you become a part of the mission.

There will be a third, and final, part to this mission set which will be the defense of the town to an all out Taki and Russian counterattack but that will be a few months off.

I still have my Overon mission to finish however given the scope of that mission I am not sure of the play time it will get since your having to kill well over 60+ squads of infantry. If you would like to see that one I can finish it out and polish it up and then post it here to download. Any and all ideas will be considered because any mission I create is for Sparta members first we have a unique way of doing things and I want missions that accent that rather than force change people are not comfortable with.

I don't know about anyone else but i have always wanted to participate in a full on WWII style para jump. Where i can look around on the way down and see everyone else (human and AI) floating down, tracers zipping by, flak going off all around and possibly a bird or two falling out of the sky. But that is just me and probably not a good fit for this mission.

As for a mission name (thanks to a quick google of "mission name generator") Operation Burning Chair.

I don't know about anyone else but i have always wanted to participate in a full on WWII style para jump.

Iron, check out the I44 mod - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5767

As for the mission name, Gunthar, how much more about the mission can you tell us, other than its an intel retrieval mission? Unless you're not necessarily wanting the mission name to have my correlation to the actual mission itself.

- JHunter

An escalating firefight. Your delta squad is in first, stealth on, when you call for backup. First you get HMMWV patrols, followed by infantry in strykers, going up to M1A2's and AH-64s rolling in. On-call airstrikes (A-10s) and in-map mortar/artillery fire missions should be available, and dispersion set wide. The idea being to go from a pristine city, to complete ruins by the end.

If that's too hard, just having player-called A-10 LGB strikes or artillery fire would be awesome. And blackhawks/chinooks set to fire-at-will.

Bonus points if it's both SP and Co-op compatible!

An escalating firefight. Your delta squad is in first, stealth on, when you call for backup. First you get HMMWV patrols, followed by infantry in strykers, going up to M1A2's and AH-64s rolling in. On-call airstrikes (A-10s) and in-map mortar/artillery fire missions should be available, and dispersion set wide. The idea being to go from a pristine city, to complete ruins by the end.

If that's too hard, just having player-called A-10 LGB strikes or artillery fire would be awesome. And blackhawks/chinooks set to fire-at-will.

Bonus points if it's both SP and Co-op compatible!

That is all involved in the first mission. If you haven't played it yet you should hop on around 5 or 6pm CST and hook up with us its a fun mission. I will give you a brief overview of the sequence of events:

1. Insertion: When you are ready a sniper team is inserted south of the city to provide long range sniper cover for your fall back point. Once inserted your objective is to make your way to the mosque and kill the warlord to retrieve the intel. Once you land you come under fire by the local militia forces who hear your helo land. Once you deal with those forces you must clear the mosque which is protected by an unknown number of Taki and Russian SF.

2. Once the assault on the Mosque occurs the SF forces radio the local Taki garrisons for immediate assistance in the form of multiple squads of inf, armor support, and air support. Your next objectives is to exfil to the south and meet up with your sniper team all the while you?re having to leap frog due to the constant attack on your flank as you exfil the target area.

3. Once you have the package full air support is allocated to your mission to ensure the intel gets out in one piece. Your next objective is to reach the marked LZ and await your extract helo. While you wait for the helo you will come under intense attack buy the arriving forces until you get into the helo and make your way back to your base.

4. Mission ends once you "deliver" the package to a waiting army intelligence unit at the FOB.

The second mission will show you what the intel said and give you the objective of assaulting the town with air and armor support. Third mission will be holding the town to a counter attack.

I have heard few complaints on the mission so far but I am always eager for input. The first mission is at the point that nothing more will be added I just need to fix the minor issues I am still having then do documentation and close the mission out.

AHHHHHH got ya Iron. Actually that was going to be the start for one of the squads in the next mission. The airborne troops are going to para jump into the area and secure the LZ for the helo to insert 5 squads of troops 1 of which will be your player ranger squad.

Operation: Spartan Boner.

"" Morning Wood.

"" Brownie Surprise

"" Dirty Sanchez

Or my favs:

"" Piledriver ('cuz we make them Taki's our bitch)

"" Cleveland Steamer ('cuz we're gonna lay a hot, steamy one right in the middle of Zargabad)

If you finish it I will play it, even if there are 50 infantry squads

I played for like 15 minutes last night on gunthar's mission and it looks like fun!

Ts chatter last night :X

"Gunthar: There is like 32 ai squads in there somewhere.

n00biachi: 32?!........omg so thats 32x7 right?!

Gunthar:.....yeah....no...funk that,thats 32x 10!

n00biachi: omg!"

good games haha :clapping:

And if i offended anybody........ GOOD haahhahhah :poster_oops:

why did i forget the igla on the freeking wrong roof . :wallbash:

lets hook up with more.. people and finish this sukkA :gun:

Be light to yourself , my mates

Edited by EBE