Spartans Home

Stealth Chopper used in OBL Raid?

It was a Blackhawk, however speculation is being raised that there was top secret, never-before-seen stealth technology on the tail rotor (and possibly other parts, but the wreckage is too hard to tell). The US is scrambling to get the tail sent back to US hands immediately before China or anybody else gets their hands on it in the black market. Most likely it was a blackhawk rigged up with similar stealth technology like that on our bombers.

Edited by Rooster90

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2011/05/army-mission-helocopter-was-secret-stealth-black-hawk-050411/

The helicopters that flew the Navy SEALs on the mission to kill Osama bin Laden were a radar-evading variant of the special operations MH-60 Black Hawk, according to a retired special operations aviator.

The helicopters low-observable technology is similar to that of the F-117 Stealth Fighter the retired special operations aviator said. It really didnt look like a traditional Black Hawk, he said. It had hard edges, sort of like an ? F-117, you know how they have those distinctive edges and angles thats what they had on this one.

Speculative drawing

http://cencio4.wordpress.com/2011/05/04/black-helo-down/

Haven't seen one fly past yet but if they are 160th soar then sooner or later I will see it but as of yet all I have seen is regular old choppers. (I live 35 miles from their post and my Dad lives within 15)

I'd say SOAR only flies at night, especially their super-secret choppers which probably fly out in the desert somewhere where nobody would see them. Campbell is pretty populated. If they were going to fly them during the day, they would be packed inside a C-5 or C-130. I saw plenty of them flying around Nashvegas yesterday :)

BTW, are you going to the air show in Symrna? I'm dying to go, but gas is just too damn expensive.

Haven't seen one fly past yet but if they are 160th soar then sooner or later I will see it but as of yet all I have seen is regular old choppers. (I live 35 miles from their post and my Dad lives within 15)

Hey I heard the President is coming to Campbell today or tomorrow to recognize the 160th. Keep your eye out for AF1!

Durka the air show is not to far from me but I plan on saving money this month so no but I'm sure to see some old stuff flying about.

Yes the President was here to talk with the Seal team and 160th fellows but I did not see his plane as I was inside most of the day working.:United_States:

Not only radar evading, but sound suppressed. Not totally quiet, but with a reduced pattern of noise.

The bad news is that the Chinese already have had a go at the tail section.

Was it worth turning that over to the Chinese, along with F-35 and F-22 and F117 technology to do the work one JDAM could do, and risk fewer lives? It depends on what was on his laptop.

The next cold war will not be pretty, and if there's a hot one, it will not be with the advantages we had over every opponent since Korea.

If I were in Taiwan, I'd be learning to speak Chinese. Oh, wait.