Spartans Home

Warrior Dash 2011 North Texas

A recent goal of mine was to lose weight. I wouldn't say I was obese however I was rather unhappy with myself and decided to jump on the bandwagon and see where I could take myself. I set a goal to kick all of coworkers asses in something called the Warrior Dash. Basically a 5k with obstacles throughout like swimming through a nasty pond (no not the atlantic ocean), climbing a 20 foot wall, etc.

I ran it this past Saturday and beat everyone in the office by a long shot. Really quite happy with myself and thought I'd share. Here's a picture of my on the last obstacle and after the finish. I'm on the left looking like a tool doing my best "pretend like I'm not tired" pose.

bW9XW.jpg

kMazN.jpg

lLXlY.jpg

After almost every time I went to the gym I went to the pub after I stopped going to the gym, I'm a lot fitter now.

Well at that point I could see me arguing with some guy that his "SPAS-12 stick gun" doesnt have a 200 yard range with buckshot and telling him my dad could totally kick his dad's ass.

Sorry if this is sarcastically mean, I've just always been curious about this and airsoft.

They do have guns that use the old pop cap things in the gun to simulate the firing of the weapon but they are pretty expensive however they have a new electric blow back SCAR-H out now that seems like it has a lot more sound to it due to the bolt actually moving instead of the electric whine of the motor you had before. Paintball is very fun and does have a better audio component however to me (having played both for years) the tactical nature and more realistic feel to the air soft guns far outweighs the audio component to the game. That those little BB's moving at 400fps hurt like a bitch. There is a store called The Army Store over near Garland St. in Dallas that sells them if your curious about them I would recommend going by there and checking them out. Until you hold them and shoot them its hard to imagine how much fun they are.

Gunthar I really hate you...My wife probably will too. I've been watching airsoft battle videos for the past couple hours. I must say though, its amazing how many of these players look like theyve never fired a real gun before just by the way they hold the guns.

I wouldnt be surprised if I buy a setup lol.

Haha I remember those days....oh to be young and innocent again.

I had to do it in the friggin field once in my army days! They only issued us 20 blanks to attack the OPFOR and after about 3sec all the firing stopped, and dude goes "bang! Bang!" then everybody looks around at each other, then joins him lmao. One guy was going pew pew, the other guy with the 60 was making a nice deep rumbling rat tat tat tat. It was hilarious, but we still lost.....

How far do those things shoot? Can you buy a sniper rifle that will reach out to 800m?

I don't think so. From what I've seen, airsoft is more of a 100-300 feet game. However, there are sniper rifles out there that will reach (not 800m, its a plastic bb). When I said real, I meant if you were to have a real M4 and the airsoft M4 in each hand, you couldnt tell the difference. Not to mention once you buy the gun, any real accessory for the real version will fit the airsoft version.