Spartans Home

World of Warcraft

Skaz~SPARTA~

mindless crap - give it away now - it's not worth your time or money - will destroy your personal relationships.

stop now!

I concur. I almost lost my now wife and college degree all in the name of world first boss kills. The problem with Wow is that you can certainly play on a limited time budget. However, once you are level capped you will find quickly that the fun factor drops dramatically each time you enter a battleground or dungeon and get pwned frequently because you don't have the time to gear up. Its at that point you will find yourself wasting large amounts of time to get to a competitive gear and item level. Next thing you know you're installing mini-fridges next to your computer and the outdoor world becomes secondary (not that I know anything about this).

Skaz, if you can keep it under control it is indeed a fun game. But don't expect to be at all competitive with other players when it comes to end game.

Yeah Vanilla was the best time, Purples were so hard to get i remember Molten core, Top EU guild on my server had MC on farm and took me and a few friends down from my guild. we were shown the ropes and the Raiding started 3 nights a week trying to sort out 40 man raids god that was time consuming in RL let alone getting whispered all the time for invs. My best moment was getting Ragnaros down with my guild, Was the GM of Wolfgrowls Company EU and its still going strong to this day :).

I tried WoW for a month. I actually bought the WoW chest with the books and first couple expansions. I couldn't get pased the run here, then run there, and run back the first place, etc., etc. It just got really old. Lotro was shaping out to be much of the same although it tried to keep things a bit more localized.

EVE was great because you didn't have to leave your little area unless you really wanted to or needed to. Missions kept you within a general 5 jump radius with most missions being within two jumps. That being said, even EVE got a bit tedious and monotonous. In order to really make it worth playing you needed many players in your corp to help out with various responsibilities. The problem was that with delegation of roles comes the need for trust. Anyone who really wanted to and had the ability, could steal your corp and all of its assets right from under you. It happened to the big alliances more than once.

I didn't play WOW long enough to see if this was an issue in that game as well as I never really had roles in a guild.

I satiate my PG quest kind of game through Titan Quest which is as close to WOW without being too deep or MMO as you can get.

I have never played (and never will) but I am always reminded of the excellent south park episode

http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft

Good luck to you.

Z

haha we can't give the sword to a NOOB haha

was funny thx enjoyd it

I played World of Warcrack for 3 years from BETA on. All MMO's are the same, they are worm holes.............period.

I agree with Medic here. Titan Quest for the win! I think when it come to free to play co-op games two games come to Mind Diablo II and Titan Quest Immortal Throne. If Diablo II didn't have such low graphic resolution (800x600), it would be number one because of of its dynamic maps (never the same game twice) and loot system.

If you see Steam promo Titan Quest Gold again, buy it as it is worth every cent.

titan-quest-immortal-throne--20070316052206720-000.jpg

---------- CLICK PHOTO FOR IGN REVIEW ------------

If you see Steam promo Titan Quest Gold again, buy it as it is worth every cent.

No mention of Torchlight? There is a sequel coming soon (my brain is saying July, but that could be wrong), and the sequel will support multiplayer in a vein similar to Diablo 2.

I think the regular price for TL is $20, but it's been on sale numerous times for both $10 and $5. Wait until you see that price drop again. Well worth the money and time. And it has an end that you can get to in, oh, a week I'd say, if you really get into it.