Spartans Home

Lightspeed needs someone to hold his hand....

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

Hey fellas

I am extremely rusty, may as well be noob, I guess with playing ACE2 but ima like seeing lots of players in the server so I am dloading 1.9 and tomorrow I would appreciate it if someone can take me around and teach me again all the bits n pieces I need to know to fully enjoy ACE offerings.

thanx in advance.

L.

You mean the system that makes you carry 30kg of medic supplies around?

ya know, if the medics worked in pairs and every trooper carried his own bandages in to battle it might work out a bit better.

just saying

Hey Medic! What is the tpyical load out of a combat medic. And what kind of medical supplies do the troops carry?

Edited by Steel~Sparta~

You mean the system that makes you carry 30kg of medic supplies around?

The problem with that is?

You are the medic you carry the medical supplies you don't lead firefights you are not the sniper you are not the grenadier or the machinegunner either.

ACE wounding/healing module can be setup many ways. Everyone should carry a limited amount of medical stuff and most mission makers script it so they do and not all mission makers make you carry a backpack with 40 items of each bit of medical kit.

Assault on Fallujah uses the ACE wounding module and so do a lot of other ACE styly missions.

I thought on starting into Assualt on Fallujah that the med kit in the backpack was ridiculous, after an hour and a half I'd used a lot of it and I was only playing with Andrewman and Peter ROFL.

Assault on Fallujah uses the ACE wounding module and so do a lot of other ACE styly missions.

I thought on starting into Assualt on Fallujah that the med kit in the backpack was ridiculous, after an hour and a half I'd used a lot of it and I was only playing with Andrewman and Peter ROFL.

You need an ambulance on the map with the full wounding system.

Depends how the mission maker sets it up, one of the modules allows full heal in the field another limits use of epi and morphine to medics only it's possible to set it up in so many ways. The revive script used in Assault on Fallujah even has a call in medivac chopper altho I don't think the mission maker activated it.

ya know, if the medics worked in pairs and every trooper carried his own bandages in to battle it might work out a bit better.

just saying

Hey Medic! What is the tpyical load out of a combat medic. And what kind of medical supplies do the troops carry?

Well... everything that a regular infantryman would carry. Including, Vest, armor plates, Ruck, NBC mask, MOPP gear, weapon (M4), sidearm if able (M9), MREs, personal stuff, helmet, etc. Then... on top of all that another 40-50 pounds of medical supplies including the big ass bag. I carried a Black Blackhawk! STOMP 2 (see bottom of post).

As far medical supplies go, many medics choose what they pack in their kit. I always took 4 Liter bags of Saline, about 8 IV's (16g and 18g) Lots of gauze, trauma packs, burn dressings, abdominal pads, shears (a couple pairs), surgical set, sutures, lots of tape, eye pads, airways (nasal and oral), Laryngoscope set, endotracheal tubes (ET tubes), Asherman chest seals, chest decompression needles for tension hemo/pneumothorax, SAM splints, a few tourniquets of different styles, Quickclot for hemorrhaging, and tons of other little things that make up a full kit.

As far as drugs go, the main one for pain management is Morphine. We really don't deal with epi unless it is for anaphylaxis which we try to use benadryl first then an epipen. The EPI pens that we have are part of the CBRN kits for chemical warfare exposure.

We also carry a small drugstore of common meds for common problems. Tylenol, Motrin, Loperimide, benadryl, ammonia inhalants, foot powder (LOTS of foot powder) etc.

18-876-IMG2_T.jpeg

You are the medic you carry the medical supplies you don't lead firefights you are not the sniper you are not the grenadier or the machinegunner either.

so glad you made this point Custard - dedicated roles is what this game should be about or it's just another fantasy FPS.

anyway back on topic - thanx to Yankee for the offer to hold hands and skip.

once i get some shit done ill be on to learn the ways.

+1

...Quickclot for hemorrhaging, ...

Doesn't that stuff require surgery to get out of the wound? Going off Marine hearsay. And we (should) know how FoS they are XD

iron...we marines aren't COMPLETELY FoS.

they took quickclot from us because 1) it was being used improperly (e.g., you're supposed to thoroughly staunch the would before applying quickclot...wasn't happening) and 2) its downright messy in the wound. it doesn't need surgery (that i know of) but it requires a very extensive cleaning after the wound is reopened before it can be properly closed.

Jeff

they took quickclot from us because 1) it was being used improperly (e.g., you're supposed to thoroughly staunch the would before applying quickclot...wasn't happening) and 2) its downright messy in the wound. it doesn't need surgery (that i know of) but it requires a very extensive cleaning after the wound is reopened before it can be properly closed.

Jeff

Yes, whomever it was that told me was wrong (for the most part). And i know not all Marines are full of it, most of the ones i have come to know are. Just going off personal experience on this one.

hey, no offense taken. i knew a few marines who were quite full of it. in fact, all they spoke was it......

Well i deal with a lot of boots soo... you know how that it.

Anywho, Back on topic.

Jeff

The main reason that Quickclot was initially pulled is because if the wound is not dried as much as humanly possible before dumping the pouch, it can extremely burn the patient. The reaction is exothermic and causes more problems in some cases than the actual wound.

That being said, the company created Quickclot 2 which is a better product (less reaction) and have implemented the powder into bandages and dressings. My favorite dressing was the Israeli Chitosan dressing with the C-clip. similar to a standard G.I. dressing, it has the Chitosan clotting agents and the C-clip which allows you to wrap the 'tail' back on itself for greater pressure on the wound, and then if needed you can twist the closure clip to act as a tourniquet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMRklQkfDLE

I am shocked that you never received a straight answer on this Lighty. I would consider it an honor to assist you in your pursuit of ACE 1.9 excellence. Lets set up a time that works for all and get this done. If you see me on TS3, gimme a shout and we will do this (whether I am in game game or not).