Spartans Home

American Tac Play Friday 3/11

Yankee~SPARTA~

Hello there my fellow Yank's and Confed's. Lately there's been plenty of Tac Play among the Spartans. However, if you are like me they typically occur at a point when we are at work. So, I will be online Friday night around 6-7pm CST to boot up some Tac Play. This can include some GRAW maps or even a few guys doing side missions.

So drive your gas guzzling hummers and trucks home to your computer, eat some delicious and healthy McDonald's, and lets show those damn Limies on the other side of the pond, that we as Americans can do more than just screw the entire world economy.

Be there or be square.

So drive your gas guzzling hummers and trucks home to your computer, eat some delicious and healthy McDonald's, and lets show those damn Limies on the other side of the pond, that we as Americans can do more than just screw the entire world economy.

Be there or be square.

I would be remiss in my duties as a good American if I did not do my part to help our economy tank. So, instead of going out and increasing the Consumer Confidence Index, I will be here.

Don't forget about Rainbow 6: Vegas 2.

The one draw back or limitation is that it can only handle 4 players. This can be very tactical if you want it to be, but given the difficulty of the AI, it would be difficult to play it without them.

Anything beyond loading mods from steam is outside my expertise. If we decide we want to do the operation get fatal accolades we will need to consult someone with server access.

If we are to do side missions you will need ace1.9 and lingor. I think there was a post somewhere regarding the needed mods for the graw-arma2 missions, however the pizza-hut I just ingested has made my fingers all greasy and I am unable to use my mouse.

To play vegas 2, you need vegas 2 and beer.

Required for GR IT missions (you do not need server access to run these missions just be logged in as admin, if you need help just ask)

Lingor1.1

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10792

African Foliage

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8523

MBG Buildings 2

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11836

ibrplants

http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?game=1&cat=addons&id=1611

Lingor units

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13053&highlight=LINGOR+UNITS

Right on, nothing out of the ordinary-just the regular Lingor bits.

The last one 'Lingor Units' is in addition to what is needed on our Lingor dom server

huh...well, one thing i know for sure is frenchie and i will be running a tacdom in the ace server around 11pm EST. we actually didn't know you were planning something similar.

anyhow, we'll be doing either side or main AO's depending on the size of the group.

Jeff

Hey there.

Just wanted to lay some things out before we have a go at this tonight. Depending on the group size, some things may be modified.

First, the overall style of play will be tactical. This means tight comms (don't need 8 people yelling they're under fire or enemy bearings), selective fire (just because you see a tank and have anti-armor doesn't mean you should immediately use it) and selected roles.

The overall strategy I would like to use involves utilizing all assets available. This includes full kits, armor, and air. To give you an example, if we run into a situation where a large group of hostiles are firing on us and pinning us down, I will call for a 50-100m retreat and utilize the A-10 with bombs to clear a small section out. Now keep in mind this does not mean the pilot of the A10 gets to free-fire. Example : "dragon-fly 1 you are clear for fire mission. Please use West to East heading. Ground forces are requesting payload times 2 between map designations."

As you can tell this will be a bit different than normal tac as I like to use and entertain those who fly/drive.

I will get things a bit more setup as people file in.

Hopefully we can get a good size group and have some fun in a tactical style environment.

Yankee, in general i think with the air/armor assets we should set their ROE as support fire based on targets called for by ground troops. I.E Laser Designate an A-10 target, drop, A-10 RTBs until next target is needed. Tanks fire in support of infantry. That would probably maintain the most fun for everyone involved.

Whatever you decide, make sure to lay it out at the start.

When i get on im happy to help run things, though im sure everything will go smoothly. We do have some talkative people though.

Also, no backseat driving from people. let the mission commander do his thing, whether he gets everyone killed or not.

And make sure to take away most of Karl's ammo, or he will level the AO.

Edited by GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~