Spartans Home

GR : Island Thunder Mission 3

DaiSan

me me me me me me :United_Kingdom:

Seriously if too many turn up I am happy to make way for another that hasn't played in the last two goes just make sure you have the Lingor mods installed and ready to go.

BTW we have been playing and will almost certainly continue to play in Veteran so no map markers for players friendly or otherwise without using the sthud mod in the jungle you will struggle to follow teamates.

Get sdhud here

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9936

You may also need lingor units

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13053&highlight=LINGOR+UNITS

i was in ..

wasn't sure on being there . so didn't post ..

Was a hard one hey sorry for the teamkill will get st_hud know :poster_oops:

ps. if we do this again be on time will ya (me too) :beatdeadhorse:

Well, I was there too :)

It was tough and the enemy nailed us on a hill. Never got closer to objective than 350 mtrs.

Myst and grass really makes your life tough here. Nonetheless trying to approach the Satellite Dish on top of te hill, Enemy spot us at over 600 mtrs away and opened fire on us. At that point a sort of surprise element was gone, they knew where we were and we probably didn t react fast enough to desappear and change location to confuse them.

Our mission ended when our TL died for the second time (friendly fire).

This is my first attempt in multiplayer on these scenarios and the experience change radically from SP. No magic AI to help you. We were under fire and we had no idea from where.

You would expect to be under fire from possibly close distance but really it can be from anywhere.

Our Sniper tried to get in position and was annihilited right away. He was crawling to get minimally over the crest.. I heard a thiny "swoosh" sound, then "ouch.. bastards..." and he was down...

I got to him to revive... there were bullets flying all over around me and I was thinking.. "I am so dead here!".. I forgot it take a while to revive someone ! We were able to get back to cover.

High rate heartbeat and adrenaline rushing... we just need to have a better plan, maybe.. but we need to try again :)

Edited by Batwing~SPARTA~

Count me in for the next attempt, any interest got tonight around 9?

Black Ops crouch Friday for me mate, I will be about for a bash Saturday evening

So, I was away Saturday 26th, was mission 3 completed successfully ?

If not, anyone not playing Shift/Grid tonight (Sunday 27th) fancy giving it another bash?

Or if so then trying Mission 4?

So, I was away Saturday 26th, was mission 3 completed successfully ?

If not, anyone not playing Shift/Grid tonight (Sunday 27th) fancy giving it another bash?

Or if so then trying Mission 4?

Taking the girls home this afternoon so wont be around. Available tomorrow night for a re-run of mission 3 or whatever's next.

Mission was not succesful yet.

Although we had a pretty good approach this time and we made it to the air crew, one of the 2 pilots died during a sudden attack after we retieved them and we failed the mission.

Suggestion for the next attempt, whoever is team Leader (he get control of the 2 pilots) he needs to take tem away from fight and give them cover.

Due to the fact the pilots become a mission asset and at the same time a dangerous reason for failure, i would suggest to give this kind of priority to the objectives:

1 - retrieve Notepad

2 - retrieve air crew

3 - destroy Shilka, probably splitting team and sending only 2 ppl (AT and a rifleman) to take care of it, while the rest of the team slide away from combat offering protection to the pilots and goes straight to extraction.

I am not sure i will be available today Sunday to give it a shot. I might.

The mission ended when the pilot was killed, it failed because we fell behind the pointman and second in formation they died then we quickly went the same way.

Monday night is good for me (hopefully lol).

It was a good round we just need to cover each other better once in the hot zone, the tango's came from the north side of the hill top station and had tree cover and elevation

once they fired on us I could not tell where the fire was comming from till last moment, I dropped one but his partner was still obstructed from view in the cover and dropped me.

Liked everything but not comfortable with the red dot weapon I am getting old but can still see better at distance than the game allows.

Thanks Lighty good work.