Spartans Home

Choosing a new game to MP with Spartans

Batwing~SPARTA~

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi there guys !

So, next week is my Birthday and I got my g/f to buy me a new game ! :) sweet girl :)

I was looking around and I see that at this very moment there is nothing out there catching my eyes, instead a few very interesting titles are behind the corner to come.

There is a lot of Buzz about Battlefield 3 but there are no videos or game specs around yet, just a few rumors. I didn t get the release date either, is that sometime in March or is supposed to be pushed forward ?

Then there is Crysis 2 coming out at the end of March. Nice game as usual, but do you Spartans ever played the Crysis MP ? It doesn t look like you guys are too much interested in that MP and I want to get a game we are going to play together.

Finally is Brink very intruiguing title but quite on the road to come. Actually release date is somewhere in May, but as we all know, it may slide to something else. I put Brink in my poll just because is one of the few games having a lot of buzz around, but honestly I would not wait till May to buy a game.

It looks like nice stuff will be out by the end of march and i would like to know what are you going to play :)

Thanks !

I only play Crysis for the singleplayer. Battlefield 3 is slated to come out this fall. Brink--I've forgotten almost everything about Brink save for the acrobatic combat system. I honestly doubt it'll live up to the hype, but we'll see. The potential for royally screwing that acrobatic system up so that it's a pain in the ass to play is very, very high.

Batwing, it sounds like you are primarily interested in FPS games. Unfortunately, there aren't many big multiplayer-focused shooters due in the very near future, with the exception that you already mentioned, Brink. The new Deus Ex game will most likely ship this Spring, but a huge element of that game is its single-player campaign; no word yet on what the multiplayer component will feature or how it will play.

Scheduled for release in mid-March is Homefront; an IGN staff member had this to say about his experience testing the multiplayer component: "It plays like Bad Company 2 mixed with a bit of Call of Duty and Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, but I don't think its similarities to other games are necessarily bad. It feels like a safe but very well-made multiplayer mode."

BF3 is currently scheduled for release "sometime in the Fall of 2011"; there is no specific date set yet.

As far as selecting something for your birthday, I can only suggest doing some research to see if there is a game other people are already playing that interests you. I personally enjoy and recommend Left 4 Dead 2. If you don't mind a very cartoonish game, I also recommend Team Fortress 2. I know others here might recommend Breach.

Good luck!

My past experence with EA games have not been good as in Any of the fps made buy dice. My whole series of EA game are for sale. EA needs to stick with sports games as that is what they are good at. After connecting to the game server, stats server, rank server, theres no room left for any decent game play as you nothing more then a running target for outher players amusment. If you butt is not glued to the server or hard wired 3 feet away then its useless to play. Same thing with the MEC warrior mod. Im looking forward to GRAW 3 due out soon as well.

Games buy ea for sale are

Battlefeild 1942

Battlefeild 2142

Battlefeild 2

Special ops

Crysis

all for $50 or trade for graw 3

Anything that says ea games in my house will not be played and are for sale or hitting the dumpster.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

LOL ! yeah, is nice to see such a different kind of opinions :)

Well, to answer to fatal, in this post I m focusing on FPS due to the MP aspect with the fellow Spartans.

I do not play "strategics", always sucked big time at those.

On the other side I am enjoying single players campaigns very much, so I m having fun with Dragon Age, I loved The Witcher (which a new one is due out soon.) and I ve been playing Assasin creed 2 as well, waiting for the "Brotherhood" for PC, featuring Rome which is my birth city :)

I was also thinking about Mass Effects 2, which has been considered one of the best games in 2010 and realy has great reviewes.

So, not only MP but.. I d like to get something to play with the Spartans.. otherwise.. I got Breach already, doesn t make me too crazy tho.. and i have BC2 Vietnam, which makes way more sense than Breach in my opinion :)

Sooo.. maybe i ll stick on a solid single player and i l keep up with Arma and BC 2 to be with the Spartans :)

However, if any other wants to add any other suggestions, is all good :) i didn take any decision yet :)

Ok, so...

I am really oriented to Mass Effect 2 at the moment and fortunately is only 20 bucks (I love this kind of price for great games!) leaving open another choice for another good game.

At this point I was thinking a nice race game. Excluding SHIFT, which I had a chance to test a demo and I cannot drive that crap, Which one could be a nice choice?

I see you guys racing in F1 2010... and i saw DIRT 2 out there at a very good price too..

Suggestions ?

Brother Batwing, here is my two cents on the driving games that are out there.

All scores are based 1 to 10 system, 1=Lame 10=Great

SHIFT = 7.5

Pro's- Nice single player element, awesome car selections. Great tracks and very nice cars.

Cons - Multi-player is plagued with latency issues. Unplayable with any latencies above 100ms.

F1-2010 = 8

Pro's- Good car modeling and very realistic physics. Nice weather and tire mechanics.

Con's - Because of its very nature F1 cars only gets old after awhile. Purely a muscle memory exercise.

Dirt2 = 9.8

Pro's - Awesome graphics and physics package, sweet vehicle selections.

Cons - The forced dialogue and video slowed the single player progression when you just want to get into the action.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit = 9.5

Pro's - Modern exotics and fresh new roadways. Ability to be the Cops and use all the toys. Online play is nice.

Con's - The career mode does not offer much replay value. Limited camera views (no cockpit view)

I still have to say i have huge love for Grid. I know it is an old title and the cars tend to feel like they rotate on a center axis but the cars, damage modeling and awesome wheel support coupled with solid online play still holds a 9.9 in my book.

Thx Haji.

yep, GRID is still my fav, I have it and actually is the only one still installed on my system and i enjoy it over and over again :)

All considered, i think i will go toward Dirt 2. I had a few NFS episodes and at the end either they feel repetitive or they just feel extremely arcadish (no damage no nothing..)

I am not looking for a full car sim, because i m not gonna invest money in wheels or other controls. I loved Grid because i can drive it greately just by keyboard.

I do not use XBOX controllers and I can t get aquainted to them. SHIFT was just a nightmare to drive.

I am downloading Mass Effect 2 right while typing and I can t wait to start that game. After all of the video i saw i think it will be like playing a Sci-Fi Movie :)

Thx Haji.

yep, GRID is still my fav, I have it and actually is the only one still installed on my system and i enjoy it over and over again :)

All considered, i think i will go toward Dirt 2. I had a few NFS episodes and at the end either they feel repetitive or they just feel extremely arcadish (no damage no nothing..)

I am not looking for a full car sim, because i m not gonna invest money in wheels or other controls. I loved Grid because i can drive it greately just by keyboard.

I do not use XBOX controllers and I can t get aquainted to them. SHIFT was just a nightmare to drive.

I am downloading Mass Effect 2 right while typing and I can t wait to start that game. After all of the video i saw i think it will be like playing a Sci-Fi Movie :)

Batwing,

I have the retail version of ME2 and you will absolutely love it. It is probably one of the best single player games I have ever played.

Very engaging storyline awesome character development and a game engine that takes full advantage of today's computer hardware. You will LOVE the game I am sure.

If there is one downside, it is that ME2 cannot be enjoyed with your buddies in multi-player.

Enjoy!

I just got the game and started... It s really amazing!

It s like playing a beautiful sci-fi movie..WOW it s all I have to say.. and I just started!

Once again, look at this: Retail version from d2d for 20 bucks!! This has been voted best game in 2010, for 20 bucks....

Other companies should learn from this.

OK, case closed :)

I got:

Mass Effect 2

and

Dirt 2

I have to say I am extremely happy with both choices!

ME2 after a few hours of playing is just stunning and surprising every minute. A great story-line, a nice over-the-shoulder shooter using that active-cover feature I love, a simplified tactical interface to have your AI teammates executing simple orders... It s all there and the graphic, man.. is amazing! Level of personalization of your characheter is unbelievable, I ve been almost able to make it resembling myself! I do understand now WHY this game won so many awards in 2010.

Dirt 2 is just what I like in racing games. Interestingly for many features is a "clone" of GRID, makiing it right away my new Fav for racing entertainment. It has a nice damage model, beutiful replay, the save-your-ass replay feature I loved in GRID as well and is fully driveble and enjoyable from keybord controls only.

I would love to give a try to the Dirt 2 multiplayer, so if someone is interested, please contact me :)

ello

GRAND THEFT AUTO 2012 Batwings revenge .

GET DOWN !!

(double the action ) GET DOWN AGAIN !!

hope you have fun on ya new games mate

I do agree that GRAW 3 will have a bitter taste for me.

The idea only that my fav FPS is now a 3rd PS... that s telling a long story already.

I honestly don t get it.

GRAW 2 was amazing, when you think it was out a few years ago and that level of mazing graphic and realistic feeling is still potentially in line with actual products.

Of course, GRAW 2 was flawed by several issues. Most important in my opinion toal missing of dynamic AI behaviour. However, if I could have these few points in GRAW 2 and a half, that would be my fav Military shooter:

1 - Dynamic AI - random spawning and realistic behavior

2 - Dedicated server improved security to handle a little better all the hacking out there

3 - refreshed multiplayer modes and a bit of better Squad managment inside the game

4 - larger maps

5 - At least ground vehicle interaction. I don t need chopppers, it would be nice but i can live without, but a basic ability to use a vehicle, com'on...

I mean, these are 5 major points, but today it should not be a problem to provide that. I don t think I am asking the moon.

Instead, they came out with all the crap is coming out on GRAW 3....

Love ME2, had ME1 on Xbox, bought ME2 for PC and after playing threw ME2 bought ME1 so I could play threw then import the ME1 Save for ME2.

As for BF3 ill say the same thing I said to my CLR friends, im on the fence till I see a demo or some decent ingame footage.

Edited by Donziboy2