Spartans Home

Snow?

Is this the snow storm you are talking about

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/12/03/new.york.snow/?hpt=T2

The UK does not get a lot of snow so it gets caught out when it does snow. Having said that it was amusing to listen to those responsible telling everyone they were prepared with more snow ploughs and better grit/salt then see the same problems.

NYC has an amazing infrastructure for dealing with snow and they clear all the major roads within hours, if I recall correctly every dumpster has a snow plough attachment.

The swiss are excellent at this as well.

Thanks Peter........ :dog_skating:

Very nice looking village.

It's gonna be 17f here tonight -8c burr cold to cold.

On the brite side Durka's area will get snow Sunday and Monday so perfect time to go to the Smokys!!!

Yep! I just finished insulating the house, and will be getting one of those fancy infared heaters in the next week or two. Right now I've got a sore back and I hope it works. Right now it's 26f here, -3c. I just might run up the mountain and see what I can see in the next couple of days :)

It's funny us southerners think of snow as mysitcal whereas those that get it a lot probably don't.

I read an Article last week about how Southern Alaska Was complaining about the snow fall they had, It iced first then had a layer of snow on top

so they get out and think No big Deal but they had that layer of Ice and got a Taste of Winter in the South.

:dog_skating:

pretty much in the middle, sheffield: http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=sheffield&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=19.983648,42.011719&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Sheffield,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.416694,-1.419039&spn=0.039235,0.082054&t=h&z=14 10 miles west is the Peak District, really nice countryside, nice driving roads as long as it aint snowing :D