Spartans Home

Tac dom will be ace today (oct 1)

Zeno~SPARTA~

Thank you for having me :star-wars:

I had some sound problems.. got them sorted out now :construction:

And sorry that i was not in the zone..,And had to go to work on saturdays ect..

(what i woud like to try ..maybe in the future,is that we hold a town(or)and let them come to us a lot off them ..) CQB

see ya real soon :thumbsup_anim:

Not sure if you could pull it off but rather than a usual AO attack how about trying to sneak into the AO & only engaging then? Would that then trigger OPFOR to "attack" us?

On a sound topic, does ACE accommodate for deafness through proximity to heavy gunfire? On Friday I lost all game sound for about 15 minutes. It happened after a heavy firefight where I'd been positioned below the heavy machine gun on the Jackal, which was firing throughout.

Not sure if you could pull it off but rather than a usual AO attack how about trying to sneak into the AO & only engaging then? Would that then trigger OPFOR to "attack" us?

On a sound topic, does ACE accommodate for deafness through proximity to heavy gunfire? On Friday I lost all game sound for about 15 minutes. It happened after a heavy firefight where I'd been positioned below the heavy machine gun on the Jackal, which was firing throughout.

Short Answer:Yes

Longer answer: You go deaf, and a symbol looking like an ear with two diagonal stripes (from memory) should appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen to indicate why your game sound has gone. You can edit your hpp file to reflect your correct in-game name, and this will allow you to chose ear-plugs from a menu. I have never seen this menu as it apparently lives on a key between ALT GR and CTRL. There is no such key on my keyboard.

I have never seen this menu as it apparently lives on a key between ALT GR and CTRL. There is no such key on my keyboard.

My £5 keyboard from Asda has it. It looks like a drop down menu with a mouse arrow pointing to it.

Don't remeber the ear symbol but was trying to avoid getting my ass blown off! Certainly sounds like that's what happened to me.

How does one go about editing this "hpp file" then?

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ace

inside this is your user config open it in notepad and find the second instance of 'John Doe' and change it to your profile name and save it

any probs ask in TS mate

open ace_clientside_config.hpp with notepad

look for this

#define ACE_NOCROSS

and this

class Identity {

name = "John Doe";

};

add // before #define if you want a reticule in the centre of your screen

change John Doe to your precise ingame name, leave the quotation marks

@Luggage

you can define your keys here

ace_keys.hpp

look for this

// Interaction

class ace_sys_interaction {

class Interaction_Menu {

key = 46; // c

shift = 1;

};

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 45; // x

// key = 221; // app

shift = 1;

};

};

as you can see I have commented out the original app key and changed it to shift x (by changing shift=0 to shift=1)

Does anyone fancy having a crack at sneaking into an AO & trying to get OPFOR to attack? Not on tacdom night, maybe tomorrow?

My thoughts:

Squad leader to call in re-supply

Couple of medics

Engineer to mine approaches

4+ infantry to provide bulk of firepower

In addition an over-watch team of 2 snipers and an arty guy, to provide smoke cover for the infiltration. The snipers would only engage targets that risk the main approach.

If the infiltration was successful the snipers can then engage at will & arty could be used to neutralise heavy armour.