Spartans Home

BPR lan easter 2011

Guys I'm organising a lan party during the easter weekend 2011 in The Netherlands

We will rent a lodge with a central hall and wood cabins in the woods for 6 people each.

The maximum number of contestants is 24 and we cannot fill that with BPR alone, so you guys are welcome.

What will we do?

we'll have a lan party starting friday evening (setting things up try out bugfixing etc.) with sathurday and sunday to play games.

For those who want we can visit the church (only joking, but really its possible)

On monday we'll pack up and maybe have a visit to a place worth visiting before some take the boat or the plain back home.

we'll be staying here: http://www.bookedoo.nl/huren/Groepsv...e/UB6IT0MDYEGD (warning site in dutch or german only, sorry)

For wives/kids there should be an alternative program (visiting a zoo, museum, paintball, etc. etc.)

Before oktober I need at least 5 confirmations for me to book this hall.....

So Hoot come and se your old buddy's...... and bring the rest.....

• 5 weeks later...

Ok here we go.

1 I took a pre-booking for the weekend of 22-25 april, that means we can arrive on friday april 22'th from 12.00 onwards, and we must leave on monday april 25'th before 11.00 (maybe we can arrange some later, but I'll have to see)

2 This prebooking is untill september 17'th and may be lengthened with 2 weeks If I ask gently...

3 they were very enthusiastic about a lan party, no problem, if we need extra power we can arrange a silent aggregrate to be placed for extra wattage (maybe somebody can say how much amperes we would need for 10-12 pc's with 700 watts power?) (they housed a hacker party of 300+ this year and that went fine....!)

4 If I book, we have to pay half of the whopping price of about 500 euro's in advance. I would like to collect the money via Mik, but everybody should pay half of it in advance as a sort of assurance for their appearance? (Is that an good idea Mik??)

Next post more about the accomodation, if its too smal, I could book a bigger one....

03092010104.jpg

03092010105.jpg

03092010106.jpg

03092010107.jpg

j_9e712ed8a7.jpg

What you see here are 3 wood cabins with 3 double beds (above eachother)

A fire place and a central building with 4 showers, 2 toilets, a big coocking stove, and a living room with tables that can be set up.

Outside is a patio with a roof so if the weather's fine some may sit outside.

The room is not so big it measures about 8 meters by 5 thats 40 square metres (about 24 by 16 foot?) if its too small or we get too many contestants I can book a bigger lodge that will easily house up to 40 players.

Open fire is allowed in the fire pit, bbq can be arranged by them (expensive) or from a local butcher....

Questions? feel free to ask.

• 7 months later...

Update.....

Weekend is next week, if anybody is interested let me know, sadly many of the contestants have no money, divorces and other trouble.

I have 8 contestants and room for 16 more!

its a cheap weekend with a lot of fun, so everybody from the UK, Zwitserland, Germany,the Netherlands, ..... give me a shout and do come, your welcome.....

3 they were very enthusiastic about a lan party, no problem, if we need extra power we can arrange a silent aggregrate to be placed for extra wattage (maybe somebody can say how much amperes we would need for 10-12 pc's with 700 watts power?) (they housed a hacker party of 300+ this

4AMPS for every 1000W (240v U.K.) :thumbsup_anim: & Europe, who are on 220v (which is very similar)

Average PC uses around 350-450W (2 Amps)