Spartans Home

Operation Arrowhead ace!!!! Stable version server

EMT~SPARTA~

Hey guys, I was wondering if we could get a server up for Ace for OA. There is a stable version out. I know we would have to wait for the ammo box bug to be fixed.

I think a good number of us are interested in having an ace server for us to play in. Please let me know what yall think

I find it hard to play ARMA 2 without ACE. And although operation arrowhead is cool in all ...... it is getting stale without good weapons/gadgets/sounds. And as I don't play on pub servers, Sparta is the only entity that can quench my thirst for a fully fleshed out combat experience.

I know it requires some man hours to bring ACE to OA, and I thank you for the time you have and will spend in doing so.

hate to crush some hopes, there's no Stable for OA at the moment. I've been working with the team on the Cluster Bombs and whats out currently for the OA version is Beta Update 2.

I also track the BIS Forums as well and there's been no mention of a Stable release for OA mentioned and that's where you will find out if there is a stable release first for the Public, that is unless you follow on the ACE dev-heaven.net site.

Check the Mods:Complete discussion board to verify releases first. That's the ACE team's forum for announcements for releases.

The only current Stable release is 1.3 which in some respects isn't fully compatibile with OA.

Here's some details:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updates

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102460

Edited by SirSmokalot

no problem Zeno...from Talks with them they are really wanting to target a stable release for OA "soon" but I don't have dates.

I will say though, BETA Update 2 does have some good stuff. I do however see they need some more work on CBA and a few other components for OpA.

I have been hangin out with the Tactical Gamer guys and checkin out the Ace Version that there running, It can be a head ache if you don't know what your doin, but if you have windows 7 and you want to run it I can help you.

Not to say you guys don't know what your doin, It just helps to have some that has been through all the stumbling blocks. So if your interested let me know.

Edited by Grizzly

Grizz it's not so much that we do/don't know what we are doing it's we will support ACE but there has to be a stable version posted with multiple places to download it. Having to use sixupdator just does not work with a pub server.

Maybe if we could clone Zeno ten times and have 24/7 coverage maybe but we don't ROFL.

I think everyone knows how much I would like a SPARTA ACE server but I accept it's not possible yet.

Maybe if we could clone Zeno ten times and have 24/7 coverage maybe but we don't ROFL.

We can do THIS. We can make him, bigger, better, less sleep deprived... WE have the technology!

Yeah.. To be honest the current versions of ACE that are out right now aren't stable at all...

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

We can do THIS. We can make him, bigger, better, less sleep deprived... WE have the technology!

Yeah.. To be honest the current versions of ACE that are out right now aren't stable at all...

I'd play it if they just put in the vehicles/sounds/guns and left all the other crap out.

Grizz it's not so much that we do/don't know what we are doing it's we will support ACE but there has to be a stable version posted with multiple places to download it. Having to use sixupdator just does not work with a pub server.

I think everyone knows how much I would like a SPARTA ACE server but I accept it's not possible yet.

I definatley think we should wait for a stable version for sparta, but if you would like to try it else where I can help you. I used a program called yoma, it actually works pretty nice. just a thought

Yea, they are a basic versioning and sync tool that leaves a stub file or hash file similar to md5, if this file isn't of the same it syncs files. I used Yoma in A1 days to keep up with ACE but that was a headache.

It sucks that the community is fragmented due to this and hitting particular servers with your exact version is like finding a needle in the hay stack, that's the core problem. Why its hard to distribute your mod or addon and consolidate players. But that's what ACE did but some radical ideas when it comes to realism though.