Spartans Home

?Medal of Honor? ReBoot (Sept 2010)

EA Goes to War with All-New ?Medal of Honor?

Medal of Honor returns to the front lines, this time in today?s war. For the first time in the franchise?s 10-year history, Medal of Honor is leaving the WWII theatre and putting players in war-torn Afghanistan

GAME TRAILER

More? ....... Extended version +18

http://www.medalofhonor.com/

watch.

The guy in the MOH pic is an actual: Soldier, but he does look like your brother-i-law :)

This is a real soldier that is known as "Cowboy" He has been participating in Afghanistan. Apparently he has some fame. It seems that he will be the protagonist in the new MoH game.

IPB Image

http://www.life.com/image/1373470?xid=embedimage1373470

User posted image

User posted image

http://www.wearetheinternetz.com/2010/01/2...-use-2-engines/

DICE?s Johann Andersson has just confirmed via Twitter that EA?s ?Medal of Honor? reboot, tentatively scheduled for the 2nd half of 2010 will be using 2 different engines.

EALA uses a heavily-modified Unreal Engine 3 for Medal of Honor SP and we,

DICE, use Frostbite for the MP portion

That's the same as BadCompany 2

I don't know the series. Is it another twitch score-based shooter?

I think you've misread something......

MoH (Medal of Honor)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor_%28series%29

starting in 2002 this is the sixth in the series..... for PC & 9th in the series on consoles.....

this one started it all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medal_of_Honor:_Allied_Assault

Everything is twitch based. don't twitch don't press the button....

The guy in the MOH pic is an actual: Soldier, but he does look like your brother-i-law :)

This is a real soldier that is known as "Cowboy" He has been participating in Afghanistan. Apparently he has some fame. It seems that he will be the protagonist in the new MoH game.

IPB Image

The one on the left is a reversal image. He should be facing right. He's right handed, not left.

I have been growing a beard for about a month now. Mine is nowhere near a full as this guy's. Maybe when I hit puberty it will fill in more. [squeak]LOL[/squeak]

Something else you'll note is which hand his wrist watch is on. A lot of shooters will wear their watch on their strong side instead of the normal, opposite your strong side, because it is easier to look at while holding the weapon either at the ready but especially when looking down sights. The wrist is right in view distance and instead of pulling your weak hand off the front grip, which can compromise accuracy if you need to engage a target in a hurry, you can just glance over at it as needed.

Just a little inside info for those that may not know.

Nice that they're plastering his face everywhere like his real-life job is a game itself. For his safety, I hope he's either out not an Operator anymore. There's a reason these guys eyes are blacked-out...

Sun/sand glasses......

I presume he would be off -op and having plastic surgery before his next game endorsement !

The one on the left is a reversal image. He should be facing right. He's right handed, not left.

Yeah, one of the two is definately a reversal.. without writing in the background to confirm which image is correct, can't tell if he's really right handed or left handed. I'd guess the black and white was flipped seeming its for asthetics.

Yeah, one of the two is definately a reversal.. without writing in the background to confirm which image is correct, can't tell if he's really right handed or left handed. I'd guess the black and white was flipped seeming its for asthetics.

All of the other images Viii posted are of him being right handed. By rule of exclusion, we can conclude... he's a righty.

this guy is all over at militaryphotos.net he is a delta operator.... I guess he went out of service and took a job as a desighn aid for this game???? like others elswere....

I haven't watched the trailers yet but the pics look promising.

I read up at ghost recon future soldier yesterday (press pre-view in paris) an that game will turn out sh#te even the reporter that doens't know the ghost recon franchise well did state this game to be too much futuristic and crysis like..... (and no good balance in game to be seen yet for MP with too many toys to play with)

I'm not looking for a BF BC3 fututre bots but for a re-release of the original ghost recon with current graphics and a viewable weapon in game

That's the point they are Arcade shooters/ games & not sims.

I think some want more sims. but unfortunately they are all but a dying breed....

You have to remember some people actually dislike ARMA (alot of people)

I personally like the original Ghost recon style, I find games like BC2 more entertainment/fun

less stress. I hope EA/Dice make a nice job of MOH, of course if it's anything like the others

all ARMA players are going to hate it...... eheheheh (they are normally faster games than BC2).

They dislike Arma because they can't create an identity in it. No scores, ranks or badges of flair to show off. Seeming that's not really the point of those sim games, the lack of a feedback mechanism to upkeep drives them out.

Well speaking from my personal experience of playing it and now not, I can tell you it was never about awards/ranks/score for me. A game/ sim like ARMA was for me too restrictive, too many rules, old game engine that drove my PC mad, over complicated controls, repetitive game play (with AI), lack of PvP game modes, lack of online action for PvP, endless patching & fixes, these are just a few points I did not like.

Games/non sim like COD, BC2, Ghost recon, Splintercell, Graw, although some offer console like elements that some (inc me) care less for) offer something ARMA can not. That is free styled play where none team play actually makes progression more difficult therefore encouraging team play by default & not by rules. Advanced game engine technology is making these games more exciting more realistic (frostbite 2.0 engine & CryEngine 3.0 with destruction). Far easier for my PC to run with more complex immersion of the graphical battle area. New innovative game modes that add challenging ways of obtaining objectives.

I will say even these games are repetitive but with the destructive element a building now has multiple entry & exit points in these games compared with games based on old engines and devs know it. That's why Medal of Honor MP section is based on FROSTBITE 2.0 with destruction playing a main part.

Games like BC2 etc are nowhere near perfect or without fault, that is a given but they are moving to a point where they are becoming an exciting immersive experience, the problem with BC2 for example is there ain't enough maps for choice but that will change. If I had a choice I would love a blend of Novalogic 'DELTA FORCE' map size with frostbite destruction & Ghost recon play styles (sans power-ups/awards/medals) making the objective the only award with team stats (no personal stats) buts never going to happen......

I have to ask myself why games/sims like ARMA/BLACKSHARK/FALCON are few & games/non sim like CRYSIS/BC2/ COD/ MOH are many..... and more coming...... anyway we will see in sept. when MOH comes out if they got it right....

For all those that remember RSI Ghost recon, there was no showing off there but it was amazing.... (looks crap now days)

Oh lord, I hope this thread doesn't turn into a "who's better" contest :rolleyes:

And I don't like the thought that Arma players can't/won't play shooters like MOH, and vise versa..

I wouldnt worry about that, despite this thread many arma players are playing bc2

Something else you'll note is which hand his wrist watch is on. A lot of shooters will wear their watch on their strong side instead of the normal, opposite your strong side, because it is easier to look at while holding the weapon either at the ready but especially when looking down sights. The wrist is right in view distance and instead of pulling your weak hand off the front grip, which can compromise accuracy if you need to engage a target in a hurry, you can just glance over at it as needed.

Just a little inside info for those that may not know.

And if you´re used to wear your watch on the left wrist you can always have it twisted to the other side (palm) not to the other hand, then you can take a look at your watch with your left eye and hold your right eye near the sights. This is what I did when I was in the service.

-KILLE-