Spartans Home

APB

{CtC}+Doc+

Hello gents...

Long time no see... Been playing a bit of BFBC2 and having a good time at it. I thought Id log on your forums and see what is what and it appears you guys are playing the same... Possibly I will log on TS and play a few rounds with ya..

MW2 was a big disappointment and even more so with their new "stimulus package" what a joke. Hackers everywhere and no way to kick, ban, or control them. We were actually going to try to ladder that but after a couple months and the lack of any type of support from IW... BLEH... I'll stick to BFBC2 for a while...

Not much is new with me just looking for the next game and I think I found it.

Its called APB and EA is working on it. Not sure if you heard of it but from what I saw it appears its running on the BF type engine. Kind of a MMO really, but without the pay as you play charge. My suggestion is to go take a peek for yourself and see what you think. Kinda hard to explain it all...

APB.com

Hope to see you soon..

Doc

I've been following APB for awhile now it is being developed by Realtime Worlds with EA as the publisher. It is being developed on the Unreal Engine 3. The game is a 3rd person shooter set in modern times with 2 factions criminals and enforcers. The game has a heavy focus on customizations every person and every car should look different.

Criminals get to to GTA type things steal cars, mug people, run missions for NPC crimals, and so on. Enforcers get ABP's about criminals and get can attempt to stop them. They also can follow around crimals and wait for them to break the law and attempt to arrest them for cash as well as run missions.

All missions are PVP (player vs player) there is no PVE (player vs environment) so even the same mission will play differently. The PVP zones are 100 players max with 10,000 player max per server. There are lvl's but they don't affect your ability to kill people and there are ranking the higher your rank the more your worth.

Sent in a Beta application for APB.. Curious about it.

That sort of goth mega-gang stuff never sat well with me (no, I lie, I used to like GTA series, but not so interested anymore). It'll need some real knockout gameplay to suit my liking.

I can only dream that someday someone will master a GTA style mmo that actually is a realistic cops vs robbers. You know, one where the highest and most elite players can be the king pins or swat officers and its a constant battle for territory. Things are tactical for the cops and run n' gun for the robbers. That'd be sweet.

I can only dream that someday someone will master a GTA style mmo that actually is a realistic cops vs robbers. You know, one where the highest and most elite players can be the king pins or swat officers and its a constant battle for territory. Things are tactical for the cops and run n' gun for the robbers. That'd be sweet.

Mob Wars on facebook, duh.

That APB looks interesting, it could be really good, or it could be really bad. All depends on how well they do it. I signed up for beta also, put down Sparta. So ditto to your dittos.

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

• 2 months later...

I pre-ordered this game awhile back and they decided to open the game tomorrow for 5 hours in the action realm and unlimited play in the social realm until the 19th. I'll report back if its worth it or not. After learning of some of the features I'm a bit skeptical:

- No breaking glass

- No body part damage multipliers (to combat aim hacks)

This is of course all based on beta so we'll see.

We should coordinate a server to play for the 5 hours together...Ill probably be playing when it opens in the morning. Ill hop on TS.

What's this about 5 hours? No months of access in beta?

Edit: my key isn't recognized by the registration online. I'll try another.

Edited by Ebden~SPARTA~