Spartans Home

I got it COD4

Want to hear my story and n aquiring this sought after software? Read on then!

Pre ordered and paid in full for COD4 and Crysis. Well I went to Best Buy to pick up my COD4. I presented the email that I was required to take with me and was promptly told that I had to come back that it was not ready for me. I started to raise hell when another soldier, in uniform as well, walked up and picked up the copy that called and asked them to hold for him. He was in and out in 2 min (oh, he should be on TS and the site tonight to check us out, former WOW player). They finally decided to go to the "back" and check on mine. They brought one up for me and I reminded them that I they owed $10 for not having it ready. That became another arguement. I won that one too and got my copy for $10 cheaper than normal. Now, I hope this happens again for Crysis next week. I should be on about 630EST tonight to kick some ass.

Oh, when will our server be up??

Yes this is a lot faster than I expected it to be. So far I am half way through the second act of three. It really feels like a long story line. But if you dont watch all of the cut scenes while its loading you miss the story.

I am really enjoying this game so far. Its great.

Picked mine up today and got to play about 3-4 missions so far. It is indeed fast paced but it has done a great job at keeping my attention. The game play forces you to advance on the maps as the enemy is relentless if you sit still. We'll have to wait and see what the multi player aspect brings.

The graphics are awesome but the water and fire in some spots take the average 80-100 fps down to 20 something with my settings on med-high. I think I have my video driver is set to override most game settings so I may need to back it off a bit in there, they are set to the max at 4AA, 16AF and textures on high.

Here are a few screenies I took.

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

Well I tryed the multiplayer for a few minutes, and really dident like it at first,due to I wasent used to the maps and such. But as allways the single player is the best as cod has allway been! Ya I don't shop at best buy anymore due to they are loaded with smart mouth little punk asses that need their little butts kicked up between their sholder blades. like their parents should have done. But the gamestop I shop at allways treats me good. Im not worried about frame rates. and my 8800 ran it effortless SMOOTH! water looked fantastic and fire just the same. Smoke and mist, dust, fantastic! Theres no co-op in this game thou. I like it!

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Update:OK I tweaked my video driver to let the application decide for the settings and I picked up about 8-10 fps in the water and smoke on the single player. Funny thing is I have the AA at 4 and the AF maxed in game now; I guess it is a driver issue.The graphics still look very good.User posted image

User posted image

I played the multi player about two hours and I must say it is pretty darn good. It is a little run and gun but it is a brand new game and no one is working together. The interesting thing is it appears to have VOIP in game however I have it tuned off so I couldn't tell you how it works.I have only played team deathmatch but there appears to be several other game modes that I am unsure of how they work. The game has punkbuster and an instant kill cam replay so you can see how and where the sucker was that killed you and random re-spawns.Also oddly enough the fps on the multi player are pretty darn good with an average of 80 for me with high settings, Activision really seems to have a good engine for this game.I may have a server set-up under the name: az's EBDA server and if it is passworded it will be: bda (lowercase)My in game name appears like this: az_sniper_EBDATip:Just use your name to create a profile, when you enter the multi player you can click on your name and change it to whatever you like.Rock out my itches!Oh BTW I always buy from GameStop, they are awesome.

I love this game so far. Even though its a little run and gun in multiplayer, most of the people are noobs who don't know how to play. If you just hanging around one spot, people will just run right by you without noticing. A little pull of the trigger solves that.

I also love the single player. I dont usually play single player. Never finished GRAW1, didnt start GRAW2, put i cant seem to turn it off. How many games put you in a AC-130 and tell you to let loose?

I see some are haveing trouble with it. You might want to check the specs on the box and make sure your machine meets it. if feather trouble arises, then try the proper driver for your vid card. and direct X run time update. There is a trouble shooting section in the game book. And you can also go to the COD4 web sight trouble shooting section and look there also. I havent checked but there also might be a trouble shooting in the folders on the game disk to.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~