Spartans Home

Bad Company 2

Rocky

I used to play Battlefield 2142 with my old clan; we more or less died out last October as interest in the game tapered off (the game came out in 2006!).

I really liked the game, it sort of falls in between the hard-core tactical play of Arma and the run-n-gun style of CoD4. It's extremely difficult to win a round without organized team-play, and, all other things being equal, a team with one or two well-organized squads will win against a team without any organization at all.

It's true that you have to rent dedicated servers from EA authorized datacenters, but you still have full control over the server and files and administration, and there are a handful of companies I'd recommend for such services.

While me may never have an official SPARTA BC2 server, I'd be happy to roll with any other members and regulars that plan on playing the game.

Oh, I'm sure they will. But who wants to play on a non-ranked server?

Me. I don't have time to sit and play on a server and grind to level 'uber.' Between, work, home life, ArmA, and EVE, time is in limited commodity. I'd much rather see us lock a server down with max ranks so we can enjoy all of the features and fun before the game burns out in a couple months. I don't see us hosting this for the masses like ArmA and the pay-for ranked servers.... just the Spartan community. That being said I am sure the Admins are considering all the possibilities.

hell, BC2 isn't even released yet and people are already talking about BF3. So I don't expect this to have the staying power that BF 42' and BF2 had.

its because everything is moving fast people want squeals when they just released the first game so blame all thins a=on the little punks that cant even enjoy a game for more then 3 seconds before they want the next one

Me. I don't have time to sit and play on a server and grind to level 'uber.' Between, work, home life, ArmA, and EVE, time is in limited commodity. I'd much rather see us lock a server down with max ranks so we can enjoy all of the features and fun before the game burns out in a couple months. I don't see us hosting this for the masses like ArmA and the pay-for ranked servers.... just the Spartan community. That being said I am sure the Admins are considering all the possibilities.

hell, BC2 isn't even released yet and people are already talking about BF3. So I don't expect this to have the staying power that BF 42' and BF2 had.

If they allow you to unlock all weapons on non-ranked servers, then great, that's fine. But I'm not going to play on non-ranked servers that don't, forcing me to play with low-tier weapons constantly. That'd just be stupid.

If they allow you to unlock all weapons on non-ranked servers, then great, that's fine. But I'm not going to play on non-ranked servers that don't, forcing me to play with low-tier weapons constantly. That'd just be stupid.

Agreed. Most of the game's fun is in using new guns and unlocks. Why not start the game with them and have everyone on a level playing field?

The more I look the better it seems... a mix of a muted COD MW2/ Battlefield 1943 & GRAW

I watch this and liked it....

BATTLEFIELD 1 back in 2008

Battlefield: Bad Company 2- Beta in late 2009

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in Jan 2010

Looks like a good team game, rounds are not endless....

Best review yet !! made me laugh...

see ya in game....

i think sparta could pull off the squad part of this quite well come on guys 4 man hit squads for the win!!!!!!!!!

On the PC it's 4 squads of 4 verses.....

Originally 24 player 12 v 12 (3x 4 v 3x 4) new will be 4x 4 v 4x 4

They are running competitions too..... (beta version)

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/

http://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...ent-finals.aspx

Same will happen for the full game.....