Spartans Home

EMT needs your help!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

EMT~SPARTA~

Ok, so Im a scuba diver... And my mother is a kite border... I ask for a wet suit for x-mas and she bought me the Mystic Venom 5/3. Now in my brain Im thinking a wet suit is a wet suit... But in the back of my brain I keep thinking, is it going to keep me warm cause its a kite border wet suit?

Also I worry about the fit of it ( since i havent actually received it in the mail yet)

IF anyone could provide some assistance. IT would be greatly appreciated.

My mom is an astronaut and she ordered me a suit very similar to hers. I am not sure if it will suffice for my purpose of lunar landings, but I am willing to give it a shot. I am not sure if it will fit because its from China and Chinese people are generally pretty small. Also I have been told that it my shrink in the dryer.

Let me know what you guys think.

LOL Medic

EMT I have done some diving - where are you intending to dive, as the water temperature determines the thickness of the neoprene - if it's very cold then a dry suit would be required. Do you know whether it is a 1/2/3/mm suit?

The best diving I had was around the coast of Borneo, and all that was required was a sting suit

Edited by andrewman~SPARTA~

I am a master instructor, not that it really matters...but it does know I understand diving a tad.

Like it was stated above me, it depends on the temperature of the water and depths you dive to. I teach/dive on the Northern Calif coast, so I use a very thick suit, vested hood, booties, and gloves. The other option is a drysuit, but I had problems with one leaking while I was teaching a night diving class and that turned me off to them. (It was the shell type with insulation, needless to say I got really waterlogged and froze my ass off.)

Neoprene drysuits work better for me, when I use a drysuit.

If you have to wear a hood, that suit is probably too thin, if not it may work. Again, what temp. water are you diving in?

I understand all about the thickness thing.

That's not the problem. I'm just making sure that since it's a wetsuit for kite surfing that I'm not going to have any problems with it. It's supposed to have some sort of valve thing.

Look it up. Cause I'm on my iPhone and can't give link right now

Btw it's a 5/3mm. And I'm diving off the coast off west palm for lobster

Edited by EMT

EMT, I am kidding of course.

I hope these guys help you find the right suit for your needs. Your post was just random as hell for these forums. I have read some funny non-joke posts, but yours killed me.

Good luck on your hunt and watch out for those Sting Rays. Crikey! She's a Beaut!

Depends.. If it's a kite boarding suit used up in Alaska it should be good... Normal wet suits for scuba divers are meant to stand up to the colder temperatures at the bottom of the ocean. I'm not too familiar with kite boarding... But I doubt you go too deep? My guess is it wouldn't be as warm/thick as a normal scuba diving wet suit but the warmth should be dependent on the thickness of the wet suit itself...

Edited by DeltaSierra~SPARTA~

I looked into them a few years back for triathalons and all I remember was if it doesn't fit right take it back and make sure you get one that fits right or youll be hating it. I heard whore stories of 300 bucks wasted and it was too loose or tight.

neopren is a neopren.

There isn´t really any difference except for some features maybe like a different zipper ect.

If it fits and it´s the right thickness for your needs then dont worry. It´s only a wetsuit :)

Ohh yes i have been diving for 10 years and have almost every kind of suit on the market.

I looked it up on the www and it´s seemt like they put there effort into making i flexible for better arm and leg movement.

The body is 5mm and arms 3mm wich is something you need to consider cos if you need a 5mm suit you will get chilly on your arms cos u don´t really use them when diving. My guess would be that this suit is usable from 15-30 degrees celcius. Below that you need a proper 5mm insulatet suit with a "watertight" zipper.

I have a 7mm neopren suit with titanium insulation and a proper watertight zipper. that is usable between 0-10 degrees. Above that its just too hot and you build up a swet really quick. Above 10 i use a 5mm suit with a hood and no insulation and only a normal zipper. That suit i even use when diving in the red see were the temps are around 25-30 degrees.

I also looked it up and it seems to be a nice suit, fine for diving in FL. When I dove in Key Largo I wore a skin or a 3/2 shorty, and was just fine.

The extra features look like a plus in my book. The water release valve is there, I think, if you take a huge hit while surfing/kite surfing and water gets blasted into the suit through one of the openings. It just allows you to release it so you aren't a big bag-o-water. (The suit seems to be less permeable than regular neopreme suits, so you need that release valve.)

Looks to me like you have a nice suit on your hands!