Spartans Home

LOSC - Who's Up For It

CoBoL~SPARTA~

Only post if your interested in re-joining the LOSC (Legion Of Sparta Corporation) in EVE. Give a quick overview of what you would like to do in the game, and a run down of your primary skils.

Ill Start shall I

Toon : C0B0L

Enjoy Doing : PVP, WH Ganking, 0.0 Roams

Skills : Frigs, Intys, Crusier, HACS, Interdictors, ReCon, Command Ships, Covert Ops, BS, Marauders, Cap Ships, Drones, Gunnery, E-Warfare.

I am down for this. I would even bring all of my characters in to the corp. But we cannot have a corp where everyone is a director and everyone is equal. EVE does not work this way and never will. You need one person as CEO (where the buck stops) and then specific people to fill certain roles such as recruiting, CFO, POS ops, and then a mission/mining/wormhole op planner. After those roles, you have everyone else who needs to do what they are told and STFU within reason. Thats how it works. What we had before doesn't work and I wont come back if that's how it is going to be. I dont want to be in any management if I dont have to, but will if needed to.

Malorek

Enjoy: mission running, scouting, gang ops, fleet pvp, homeland defense, mining.

Skills: Covert Ops, All four racial BS, command ships, HAC, cap ships, T2 missiles , T2 railguns, stealth bombers, lastly Hulk Mining, can fly T3 Caldari cruiser (but doesnt want to).

Direction: (in no particular order) Better cap ship skills better industrial skills

Goals: be part of a corp where showing up matters, worm-holing

Might be heard saying:"Where's the fight?"

Jennifer Davis

Enjoy: Building EVERYTHING (has perfect build for mods and ships (frig to capital)), L4 solo missions, mining.

Skills: Max build for all 4 racial ships, invention skills at L4, perfect refine, starbase defense, anchor L5, Caldari BS, missiles, Orca pilot with max fleet bonus skills, hulk pilot, freighter pilot.

Direction: Keep building shit, running missions

Goals: Build ships and mods at an extremely cheap price for corp mates. Running missions with corp mates.

Might be heard saying:"You may believe in God, but I believe in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition."

K'Taka Regolin

Enjoy: Mining

Skills: Everything mining, Hulk, T2 empire crystals

Direction: To the ASS-teroid belts

Goals: Mine her life away

Might be heard saying: "Is there anything other than rocks?"

As far as mission running is concerned, you are better off doing it alone or in tandums of two. Mor ethna this and or being in a fleet, the game automatically splits the profits minus the corp tax which is automatically taken off the top.

i.e. the more people you have in a mission, the less each makes. When a Level 4 mission of high quality can earn you about 40 to 50 million when done solo, having 3 more just come along reduces it to 10-12 million easily. The is especially true for older characters who have the skills/ships to run them solo and in a good amount of time.

What we need to focus on is wormholes, complexes, and mining ops. This is where the tru money would be. My indy character is not far from building T3 ships if we decide to do so.

Gunny and I have maintained LOSC in case anyone wanted to come back in it. As I stated before, all permissions are suspended at the moment but I can activate what ever we need to ect.

-Medic is very right, in order to have a successful corp, there has to be command structure.

-In order to make command structure work, all players must cooperate as much as possible.

-No goofs allowed. Not everyone may be welcome outside of the Spartan organization.

-If not a long time Sparta member, you will be a soldier. Length of time to be determined by gunny, myself and a few other Spartans that I will determine later.

More to come. I have to go eat supper.....

I am up for this, but may not be reactivated until Christmas or New Year. I have requested a 6 month prepay for xmas. If I don't get the prepay, I will have to wait til new year. I will come back for this though.

Been awhile since I played so I will have to examine my player info and update this post.

Medic,

You know it will be months before we have an effective squad here?

That all depends on your definition of effective. There are many things we can do in high-sec that will pave the way to low-sec or even null-sec habitation or cohabitation.

Once we have the numbers of players that want to participate in LOSC...

A. We need to make a list of the things in the game we can do. (Which at this point is a little bit of everything.)

B. Narrow the list to things we WANT to do.

C. Narrow that list to the things that support each other and can coexist within the logistics of the corp.

D. Become extremely efficient at doing these tasks. (By this I mean skilling to fullfill roles, actually logging in, and having fun in doing the task.)

E. All this is for naught if we arent turning a profit. If we are, we should continue to grow. If not, we need to reevaluate the tasks.

Once this happens, we may be able to join an existing 0.0 allaince and participate within our chosen functions. However, this is all based on our own ability to function as a team and provide product to our selves and the public.

A main function of a corp is its ability to provide ships, certain modules, and certain skill books to its own members. The difficult part in this is generating the isk as a corporation and not 10 to 30 people just trying to make isk for themselves. The needs of the corp should, nay must, come before the needs of the corp member or the corp is doomed to fail. This is precedented by the initial run of LOSC.

The main thing that I have to stress is that noone get (for lack of a better term...) butt-hurt by another corp member. If someone offends your delicate sensibilities or grabs some loot when you have called a wreck or some other innocuous action often percieved as mortal wounding, you need to report it to a director. The Directors are the ones to take care of it and will handle it. Be it through public humiliation on the forums, reimbursement by the corp from the corp wallet (everyone pays for one person's stupidity and there fore should eliminate the chance of indiscretion), kicking the player from the corp, or fining the member. -- Do I think it will come to this? no. Is there possibility? yes.

Don't burn people and don't get pissed off if someone burns you. This includes players not in the corp. if someone steals your ore or flips your jetcan, just packup your drones and warp out. They are looking to get a rise out of you. The loss of even a full jetcan is nothing when you factor in how much a WarDec costs. Let it go.

Anyways. There is much to discuss.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

Luggagednr: Jack of all trades master of none. Basic miner/refiner, bit of manufacture. Missile boats preference, not really trained gunnery

Miner Player

Hmm..junior player can haul in a mammoth, has some missile skills and no direction.

Idiot Apprentice

Supposed to be the one who is for PVP, gone nowhere.

Suggest I export my xml from evemom and you can all have a laugh?

Luggagednr: Jack of all trades master of none. Basic miner/refiner, bit of manufacture. Missile boats preference, not really trained gunnery

Miner Player

Hmm..junior player can haul in a mammoth, has some missile skills and no direction.

Idiot Apprentice

Supposed to be the one who is for PVP, gone nowhere.

Suggest I export my xml from evemom and you can all have a laugh?

No one is going to laugh. It isnt a matter of skill points, it's a matter of function.

If you can fit a T1 frigate for web, scram, nano, MWD, and a frig-tank, then you are extremely useful. Just keep in mind that the higher meta fitting you use, the more its costs you to buy and the more it hurts when you go pop.

You need to get the PVE style setups out of your head. You need to specialize your ships for gang PVP. Everyone else specializes for something different, such as DPS, repping (shield, armor, powergrid, etc.). Having a fast tackler gets you to the target fast, then you lock him up with a warp scram and a web, then orbit him so everyone else can pound on him.

I dare say it but kill mails dont matter. It is the kill that matters. Then the looting and the salvaging of course.

So, don't worry about how many skill points you have or what skills you have. All you need to do is figure out what you want to do in the game or how you want to be most useful and and go for it.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

First, You guys here anything out of Slain lately?

Second,

Would it make more sense to to setup a Sparta alliance?

There are a few reasons to do this.

First and foremost it would be to protect our assets.

Management of money and personnel would be easier.

It would allow for the recruitment of non-Legion of Sparta tagged eve players to join a corp.

The big part would be coming up with the billion isk to buy the alliance "paperwork"

For example, the structure would consist of

--Alliance title (Legion of Sparta, for example)

Corps:

-----Legion of Sparta Corporation (LOSC)

For ~SPARTA~ tagged members. Would be the ownership corp for the alliance.

-----A holdings corp for alliance assets.

An important function for security. Only a few SPARTA tagged members would be in the corp to keep control. All access would be through the forums and by requisition and accountability. i.e., if you borrow a blueprint from the corp, we know who has it and if it doesnt return we can try to get it back.

-----A corp for non-Sparta-tagged players.

We need to keep the rubbish out, right? ;) Plus this gives them something to work towards. We could possibly use it as a reward for dedication or outstanding service. Again it serves to protect LOSC and alliance assets and allows the alliance to grow.

If we setup POSes under the LOSC corp, we need to be able to drop pos fuel as well as other stuff in the corp hangar. If non-SParta tagged players are in the corp with access, they can easily steal it.

Anyways, all of these are just thoughts to help get us thinking and possibly organized.

Edited by Medic~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...

Where are we all?

Where will we base out of?

We used to be in New Caldari, Ziona?

I have been moving my assets to Koona, but can stop if I know of a location we will operate out of. Corp is still HQ'd in New Caldari, right? But is this the best choice of locations? I cannot go into Gallente space it seems, but Caldari seems good for me.

Trying to move assets here, throw me a bone.

Im Ubbered for PvP Electronics are good to go ,ready dude just need the know how in using what i have oh and i just got singularity up and running again.

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

• 2 weeks later...
Where are we at with this? Im trying to stay into the game but my current alliance doesn't do anything and my overall liking to a game is how much I'm able to play with other people.

During the holidays, games kinda slow down a bit at Sparta and other groups. This is normal. Now that they are over, things should be picking up and we should be able have regular play times for people to enjoy.

Fly safe.

well guys id love to be part of it but relisticly i dont have the free time to be able to be any use realy, but ill tell you what i got

ADDER360, drone master and gantie pvp, does scanning and shit as well

sleepy miner and hauler extronderare all T2 mining crsystals i think and maxed out minging skills, flys freighters and transport ships and has the skills to do a jump freagther but just needs the jump freighter book

kaymor leader extrondear maxed out mining leader ship and is on the cusp of flying a rocal, not currently active

• 1 month later...