Spartans Home

A Cure for our Map Marker Problems?

Durka-Durka~SPARTA~

I don't think running addons would be a problem, even in pub, if there were an easier way to manage the addons. I sent either Durka or Zeno a link to an AddOn manager that one clan uses. It's a little GUI that allows a person to connect to a webserver and sink their @clanName folder. I can't seem to find it again. If nothing else, have you considered putting all addons in a single file and make it available for download? I wouldn't mind having a @sparta addons folder with all the addons that Sparta servers use.. even if I was doubling up for addons I use on other servers.. i.e. @vop,@sparta.

I don't think running addons would be a problem, even in pub, if there were an easier way to manage the addons. I sent either Durka or Zeno a link to an AddOn manager that one clan uses. It's a little GUI that allows a person to connect to a webserver and sink their @clanName folder. I can't seem to find it again. If nothing else, have you considered putting all addons in a single file and make it available for download? I wouldn't mind having a @sparta addons folder with all the addons that Sparta servers use.. even if I was doubling up for addons I use on other servers.. i.e. @vop,@sparta.

I have compressed some addons into specific folders just like you mentioned for certain usermissions. Example, my @sealteamsixlite folder contains all the addons for that campaign, less @CBA & @Panthera (due to excessive size duplication). I select the three addons, instead of 7, using Alpinestar's ARMA II launcher 1.5, and I'm in business. I haven't tried it on a signed server though.

Not sure that really covers my question. At the moment, other than Sahrani, no Sparta server requires an adding to jump in and play. Would all players require this addon to join the server, or is it optional. Mapping is much more central to shared gameplay than a digital compass or sound effects. I don't want to limit new players because they don't have an addon for the main servers. But if this is something that can be added to the server map pbo and the client doesn't need anything, I'm all for it.

Running addons on a public server limits the audience. So I am against using it on the main domination server.

Adding this to our locked servers is not a problem though.

If I can ask you to test it locally I will gladly set it up on the main tac dom server

Hi,

I recently noticed a client of mine had the incorrect marker position on Google Map. About half a mile away from the place

So I claimed the listing and edited the incorrect marker location.

Now I also altered the business name slightly as they had added a couple of words to it since itd been updated a couple of years back.

It appears now Google has not edited the original, but added a new listing alongside it - nightmare

What do you suggest is the best work around for this?

Do I delete the new listing and try go back and edit the original, without changing the name this time?

Many thanks for your thoughts.

Hi,

I recently noticed a client of mine had the incorrect marker position on Google Map. About half a mile away from the place

Now I also altered the business name slightly as they had added a couple of words to it since itd been updated a couple of years back.

It appears now Google has not edited the original, but added a new listing alongside it - nightmare

Do I delete the new listing and try go back and edit the original, without changing the name this time?

My head just a-sploded.

Hi,

Along with MH6...

What?