Spartans Home

GPU Failure :(

Samurai~SPARTA~

A Little long but here it is.

BFG LIMITED LIFETIME CONSUMER WARRANTY

APPLIES TO ALL GRAPHICS CARDS INTRODUCED BY BFG ON OR AFTER 2/21/08

BFG Technologies warrants to the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser (residing in the United States or Canada) owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. For original purchasers residing in areas outside the USA or Canada, the limited warranty for graphic cards shall be for a period of ten (10) years from the date of purchase.

In connection with such Limited Lifetime or Ten Year Warranty, all BFG graphics cards introduced on or after February 21, 2008 must be registered on www.bfgtech.com within thirty (30) calendar days of the original purchase date to activate the limited lifetime warranty or limited ten (10) year warranty. Products not properly registered will be covered from the date of purchase by a two (2) year limited warranty in Europe and a one (1) year limited warranty in the US and other countries. Proper registration includes submitting proof of purchase to BFG.

This warranty is only valid if the product:

Was not damaged while being installed.

Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using or interacting with this Product are not covered by this warranty.

All products sent in for Return Merchandise Authorization (?RMA?) in connection with warranty claim must include a copy of the original invoice or receipt.

BFG Technologies' liability under this warranty, or in connection with any other claim relating to the Product, is limited to the repair or at BFG Technologies option, the replacement of the portion of the Product which was defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to any software component.

Customer pays for shipping RMA product to BFG. Customer assumes the risk of loss (insurance from loss or damage) in transit and the returned Products shall become the sole property of BFG Technologies. BFG Technologies warrants that the repaired or replaced Products will be free from defects in material or workmanship.

BFG Technologies reserves the right to inspect and verify the defectiveness of any product returned. Please allow 48 hrs processing time once item has been received by BFG, and 3-5 days for shipping of the repaired or replacement product (shipped ground to the U.S.).

BFG will cover the cost of return shipping back to the customer for RMA replacements via ground shipping through UPS in the United States and Canada.

BFG is not responsible for any fees charged by the Canadian Government or brokers due to brokerage fees.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, BFG TECNOLOGIES MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY PARTS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER LABOR FURNISHED.

BFG GRAPHICS CARD LIFETIME CONSUMER WARRANTY

APPLIES TO ALL BFG GRAPHICS CARDS INTRODUCED BEFORE 2/21/08

BFG Technologies is proud to warrant the original purchaser of the graphics card included in this package ("Product") that the Product will be free from defects in material or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser owns the product, when given normal wear and proper usage. This warranty is valid if the product:

Was not damaged while being installed.

Was not damaged by software or hardware from a company or individual other than BFG Technologies or by motherboard incompatibility.

Was operated in accordance with BFG Technologies specifications, instructions and any technical support directions.

Was not modified or damaged by overclocking, tampering, user error, accident, disaster, abuse, misuse, power supply, power application, alteration, repair, modification, a fix or replacement by someone other than BFG Technologies.

Third party products, such as motherboards and other system components using this Product are not be covered by this warranty.

BFG Technologies' liability under this consumer warranty, or in connection with any other claim relating to the Product, is limited to the repair or at BFG Technologies option, the replacement of the portion of the Product which was defective in material or workmanship. This warranty does not apply to any software component.

You assume the risk of loss in transit and the returned Products shall be the sole property of BFG Technologies. BFG Technologies warrants the repaired or replaced Products will be free from defects in material or workmanship.

EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY STATED ABOVE, BFG Technologies MAKES NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WHETHER OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, OR OTHERWISE ON THE PRODUCTS, OR ANY PARTS OR TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE OR OTHER LABOR FURNISHED.

BFG Technologies reserves the right to inspect and verify the defectiveness of any product returned. Please allow 48 hrs processing time once item has been received by BFG, and 3-5 days for shipping of the replacement product (shipped ground).

* Product is protected for the product?s lifetime in the United States and Canada, and 10 years from the date of purchase in all countries outside the US and Canada, against defects in material and workmanship.

I thought you just got that? Warranty?

My recommend (but it's hard to find) 9800GX2 (PCi-e X16 slot) but what is your price range?

or do you not care?

I did some research on this card and have found that you can run two 9800 GTS with 512 in SLI for Cheaper $$$, cooler temps, less PSU wattage, and MORE graphics power. The only thing you need is a SLI mobo, which by now I am sure almost every member has.

Take a look in to it.

But did I say, I can run the 9800GX2 with no SLI and still get SLI benefit in all games?

That is the true beauty of running a one slot SLI card, plus you could go extreme and add another

and run 3 monitors or Quad SLI with 2 cards. :o

Not that I will ever do that.

I found the single solution of the 9800GX2 most pleasant for me.

The 9800GX2 is not in general production any more and prices have shot up for it but

the card is honey sweet (so far). I got mine & cobol got his at a bargain price some 4 months ago

around £200 GB or $300 when the 280 GTX was & is £500/ $700.

But did I say, I can run the 9800GX2 with no SLI and still get SLI benefit in all games?

That is the true beauty of running a one slot SLI card, plus you could go extreme and add another

Not sure what thats means but, 9800G2 is a nice card, but it does have a down side. It is one card in SLI mode in one slot, which dose work well for 98% of games. It's most defo better than 2 cards (2x 8800 been there done it)

If you require to run dual monitors, then you have to disable SLI mode, you are then down to the equivalent of a 8800.

G2 is basically 2 x 8800 in one card in one slot, that dose work as SLI. Where as a 280 is one card. But dose not out perform a G2.

Point 1.

If you can find one buy one. If it's cheap. and I mean cheap.

Point 2.

If you require dual monitor support, and already have a 8800, then save yourself the hassle and buy another 8800 these are peanuts now.

Point 3.

If you want DUAL monitor support, and almost the performance of a 9800G2, then buy a 280.

Point 4.

Or if you have cash to burn then get the ultimate GFX card that money can buy, ATI Rad 4870 X2.

God I hate Microsoft.

Having got the new card working, Windows Genuine Disadvantage has cut in and won't let me boot without activating windows. Can't do it online as it can't find the internet and when I tryusing the automatic system on the phoine it says there is a problem with my key.

Gotta wait to speak to a real person and see if I can get it sorted otherwise its a new copy of Windows and a reformat.

Did I mention I hate microsoft?

Not sure what's going on, but it turns out my latest problem is a hard drive failure on my boot drive (it's already RMA'd).

The old install of windows media centre on my slave was trying to boot, and not even Microsoft were able to help me until i discovered this.

Loaded my current OS onto the slave and at least I have aworking PC for now...

Only loaded essentials tho...COD W@W & TS lol

Not sure what's going on, but it turns out my latest problem is a hard drive failure on my boot drive (it's already RMA'd).

The old install of windows media centre on my slave was trying to boot, and not even Microsoft were able to help me until i discovered this.

Loaded my current OS onto the slave and at least I have aworking PC for now...

Only loaded essentials tho...COD W@W & TS lol

not 2 sound patronising but where you disabling your slave HD when running your master HD if you an OS on both?