Spartans Home

TargetPractice

TargetPractice

I thought there'd be a general introductions thread on here but it seems not so....

I'm Rob, I play the gr.net COD4 sessions on Fri nights when I can and enjoy the experience even though I'm pretty inept most of the time. I enjoy the teamspeak banter and miss it when I just play on other public servers. I was impressed with how welcome people are made to feel even if they aren't known to you. Haven't been playing PC games v long (put my machine together in July, my prev. PC was way outdated) so am on a bit of a learning curve but it's fun. I just ordered ARMA and hopefully I'll be able to join in a few SPARTA sessions once I start to get the hang of it. Decided on the in-game name of Target Practice without much thought (and I am sure it's been used plenty by other players) so I'll probably change that at some point but at present it's still pretty apt :rolleyes:

Dont worry Rob once you have your game, we will help you.

We play arma cooperatively at the moment, so its easy to give in game training. But once we engage the AI they can be trickier than live players.

You said you were ordering the gold edition, which if I recall has the queens gambit expansion and is fully patched up, so you'll be good to go.

I thought there'd be a general introductions thread on here but it seems not so....

I'm Rob, I play the gr.net COD4 sessions on Fri nights when I can and enjoy the experience even though I'm pretty inept most of the time. I enjoy the teamspeak banter and miss it when I just play on other public servers. I was impressed with how welcome people are made to feel even if they aren't known to you. Haven't been playing PC games v long (put my machine together in July, my prev. PC was way outdated) so am on a bit of a learning curve but it's fun. I just ordered ARMA and hopefully I'll be able to join in a few SPARTA sessions once I start to get the hang of it. Decided on the in-game name of Target Practice without much thought (and I am sure it's been used plenty by other players) so I'll probably change that at some point but at present it's still pretty apt :rolleyes:

Welcome,

I recognized you from GR.net and your access has been increased, enjoy :)

We run other games namely Arma1.14 & GTR2, Arma is great when you get on with some of the real tactical guys

or you can join some of the fun games. There is also some GRAW2 Co-op.

In the near future we will be seriously looking at Arma2 & Operation Flashpoint 2 also GroundBranch when launched.

talk soon....

Welcome to the forums mate, your names not bad I sometimes get peeps in TS sing cartoon theme tunes to me and stuff about being a tart.

The banter on TS is as much or more fun that actually playing.