Spartans Home

Evo-No Rank - Etiquette and teamwork

Samurai~SPARTA~

Hi all,

Glad to see the No Rank Evo getting a good work out over the weekend :)

One or two things that have been noticed since we started using the No Rank system.

As you all start able to use all the gear and all the vehicles, it's real easy to just grab the next one in line when you get killed. After a while, the towns become strewn with vehicles needing repair, and the airfield is a barren waste ground. These vehicles DONT respawn...only the basic HMV's and the un-armed littlebirds respawn(oh yeah, and the repair/refuel/rearm trucks).

One of the kewl things with Evo is that you can/need to repair / refuel / rearm damaged vehicles.

Once you've cleared a town, maybe we should look at a recovery phase before the next town is targetted.

To repair, refuel or rearm a damaged vehicle, you need to drive an appropriate truck parralel to the damaged vehicle, then get into the damaged vehicle as the driver (commander or gunner for rearm may be needed).

Once the vehicle is repaired it is once more available for use by you and other players. I believe unused (empty) vehicles that are active (not US) also respawn after a while, so no need to get everything driven back to the airfield.

You can use AI to drive the repair/refuel/rearm, so recruit three soldiers get em into on of each type of truch and have them drive to a damaged vehicle. Once there a player can manouver them to repair the vehicle and on to the next.

Keep an AI soldier in each vehicle and you have a mobile FARP...

On another note, Evo seems to be being played much less as a team co-op and much more of a solo game with many players.

Try to co-ordinate when taking a town. First target shilka's, then the radio tower to stop re-inforcements arriving.

Once yo have a few points under your belt you can call support from the radio on the map. This is a really kewl way of getting rid of a single vehicle (presicion strike 5 points) or a whole town (ICBM 200 points) :clapping:

Please have some thought for you fellow players. This is a private server, so only people you know are playing here. Don't use up all the vehicles and leave them un-repaired.

Finally, please don't just restart the server, it's intended for Evo to run over several days, allowing the map to be completed. If everyone keeps restarting the serverm we'll never get passed Cayo :(

......and please leave the Evo server running Evo. We have three servers, two are running regular co-op, so plenty for everyone...

I personal observation,

I tried EVO with points and now without, it sucks both ways, I found no aim or direction to the game.

I joined half way through, I did not know about squads & was not invited, I feel some people gloat about

kill score, (I can name names, but whats the point), I found the same people flying helicopters & Aircraft.

You may say, it's a job that needs doing, but so does, repairing & refueling, so I say, before you play more,

you should share out all the latrine duties first, cos it seemed like no one really wanted to do them.

I know air support is vital, but the same people flying helps no one, when they are not there who flys?

I deliberately left vehicles about & did not say anything, I received no "come & join our squad" it felt like it

was a mad rush to take out a tower, not a constructive mission. I give it some credit, there was some team work,

but my biggest comment is how some players don't get the chance to lead & others never clean the toilets.

In all EVO is a nice mode, but the points spoil it & disfunction lets it down, play EVO then every new arrival to

the current running game should be asked to join a squad. Each squad should be on a mission and all

members should do toilet duties (retrieval of assets, refuel , repair).

Good luck with structure, take a tip from coop, focus plan & group before assault, there needs to be a

rule that says, when someone joins the game, they are offered to join one of the squads, squads should

explain their missions.

viii

Rather than the one coming into game reading the mission statement. I would of

thought it fairer & more welcoming, that those in game do that for the new arrival.

It's our duty to be welcoming and explain the state of play to those that have just joined.

Like in real life, a little attention to detail pays 10x,

To quote once more, I careless for EVO but I'd like it to be a success, because it's an evolving round,

there should be a goal, the current goal is set by those currently playing, if new comers are left out,

they make their own rules & missions.

p.s. What Samurai sai are all good points, but the game needs less Heman and more Teaman.

When coop starts, normally al players are there from the off, EVO does not work like that.

I have been Evo because the missions allways seem to have started b4 I get on and I don't like to join them late.

The teamwork has got better in the last week, I didn't even know about squads until this weekend so I'm sure this will improve. There is so much to learn in this game it's going to take ages b4 we start to play it better (at least me anyway).

My personal preference is only to use the vehicles for rearming and fighting on foot (not very good at flying yet) but I understood the radio tower is the primary target in each town to stop reinforcements then to clear the town then recover vehicles to base then next town. Floyd has even been recovering enemy armour to the base (I think you can earn points for recovery).

In the last week when I have been playing everyone on has got involved in recovery b4 going on to the next target town.

I think it's great that the Evo server is now unranked which makes playing it a lot easier but I have tried it a couple of times now and I can't seem to get into these missions in the same way as I do on the COOP server, I can't really put my finger on what it is I don't like about this type of game but I guess we all have likes and dislikes when we play. :poster_oops:

Well I have to admit the end was kind of a cool shindig so to speak. Once everything is liberated.....well I wont spoil it but lets say I would be shocked if you played it through all the way again. Just like Saharani Life mod, its ok to play if you have been playing ArmA for years, but its the level of scripting he did to that mod that makes it a "WOW" factor. Shows ya what can be done in this game. When Evo came out it was like crack candy, we couldnt stop playing it. HAD TO SEE WHAT WAS AT THE END! Once I got my hands on that Cobra, then it was only a matter of hours. Just saying its a great mission to build basic team play and structure. But once finished, I would be surprised if you invest that much time and energy for a second run.

Best part of the version we finished was "ring ring ring ring...banana phone..." lol. Not sure if its still in there with all the updates its gone through, but it was classic.

Edited by Seven

• 4 weeks later...

played on evo server several times. I like it, cause everyone here is trying to fight like real and coop.

I just wanna mention one thing. Modern war is not only a ground war. If we can combine ground elements, special elements and air elements together, we can make it much smoother. Havnt you felt the ka50&su34 boring while it circled over our head. Actually AH1Z with both pilot and gunner can erase them easily. So we can use more armor surround the city which we are attacking if we have clean air.

But the first of all is how to keep vulnerable chopper and armor alive as long as possible. we dont need high kills scores with a lot of crashes. If we cant survive in city fight with an chopper, we can just use them for protecting air cover and stopping ai reinforcements. That 's relatively easy cause you can stay 1km away from city to do this. Have you tryied snipping in ah1z? That's the sense. Although choppers powerful, they need more protection from missiles and mgs.

Actually if we can form a squad with 1 sniper, 1 armor, 1 ah1z, 1 CQBer, 1 a10(blackhawk), and several ai support controlled by team leader, that will be powerful. Because everyone can share the information on the battleground any time. And we can fight much greater if we could form 2 or 3 teams like this and attack from different directions.

I'd like some small coop mission. But time difference is the issue. Evo mode can give us dymanic battlefield if we play in proper way. A lot of death means mission failed.