Spartans Home

11th March 2008 SPARTA 6 months old

User posted image

61 Spartan tagged members

153 Registered users

1 MIA (banned)

I'm sure many didn't realize and many would like to post some comment,

but to get to the point, this coming 11th March will be 6 months to the day since Legion of Sparta was formed (in a dusty corner of cyberspace). We started with nothing except knowing that we liked being able to talk to friends from around the world and playing games with them. With no discrimination to the game you play nor the place you come from Legion of Sparta has grown from virtually nothing with no money, no home, no game server & no teamspeak to a mostly warm and friendly place.

We brought with us all the lessons learned from previous groups & games and formed a secure & stable place for anyone with a mature attitude to come and play, chat or just hangout. We have taken on board the experiences of friends like Rocky & crew and and adapted our style slowly but surely to become more of an open community than we ever had.

I personally want to thank all those whom made this possible, yes you guys/gals as you read this Spartan or not, because it's with your interest that we learn and grow. We now sport a 60+ Teamspeak, true quad core server on fiber E GIGA connection, security for the next 12 months (because we are Spartans) and a home that keeps getting better.

Some of the things we are doing and have in progress,

Hosting 7 COD4 servers

Hosting 2 Crysis servers (in standby)

Hosting 2 GRAW 2 servers

Hosting 1 GRAW server

Hosting 2 GTR2 servers

Hosting members FTP

Hosting Website & forum

Hosting 60+ player teamspeak

We are redeveloping our website, an update thread will be made for members.

We play:

Call of Duty 4

Ghost recon advance warfighter 2 (multiplay & coop)

Ghost recon original

GTR2

Pirates of the burning sea

Eve Online

IL2

Falcon 4

Lockon

Rainbow six Vegas I & II

and many more........

All I'm saying is a big Happy Birthday Sparta FROM ME TO YOU

viii

An amazing testament -- within six months we've retained a vast, vast, vast majority of our founding/first month members and have grown slowly but steadily. More important, we haven't been rocked with scandal or dissent, or embarrassed by anyone. Except me, but I'm used to that. For those waiting to get in, be patient, we have high standards, but it's worth it.

vii the vid is great, guy with the running legs, i am still laughing.

To you all from here and there

We venture onward with pride and care

It brings us to wonder to whats ahead

Its laughter and friendship that no one should dread

We look ahead and can not see the end

Its people like fellow SPARTANS who will always be your FRIEND

My daughter helped me write this, she is 10.