Spartans Home

New Pc Build

GySgt~SPARTA~

Sweet machine Gysgt! Nice case! Lots of cooling! Asus m4 pro Nice!! Corsair has a small water cooler for that cpu instead of stock cooler, I know money, money. Let me know how she does, im looking at the Asus formula 5 with a Black edition unlocked FX bulldozer, corsair extream domnatior ram, maybe 580 card and a SSD HDD. I might try Thermotake water cooling this time and see how much the bulldozer will go up to maybe 5 or 6 gig?

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Yeah, let us know how it goes. Been hearing mixed/poor reviews on those Bulldozers for gaming. Sounds like they work great for everything except games. The i5 2500K has been reported to outperform the 8150. Could just be driver issues on AMD's part, but who knows.

yeah ill try and get some numbers on Crysis 2 and Arma 2 so far everything is running smooth no hick-ups Well so far arma 2 on the highest settings w/o post Processing OMG sexy FAP FAP J/k.. I ran company of heroes 4*4 and never broke 29% CPU use it seems like the same for arma 2 29% FPS is 60 ave max I'm happy and its not broken so the extra cooling wont be needed....

• 6 months later...

Well lets see about the top of the line intells,

Intel Core i7-3960X BX80619i73960X Extreme Edition Processor - Six Core, 15MB L3 Cache, 1.5MB L2 Cache, 3.30 GHz (3.90 GHz Max Turbo), Socket R (LGA2011), 130W, No Fan, Unlocked, Retail $1,049 And the cheap asses don't give you a fan eather.

Amds

AMD FD8150FRGUBOX FX-8150 Processor - Eight Core, 8MB L3 Cache, 8MB L2 Cache, 3.60GHz (4.20GHz Max Turbo), Socket AM3+, 125W, Fan, Unlocked, Retail @ $219

Has it beat in cores, price and at top clocked speed. draws less power, And intel is better????? I don't see it from these specs here. And comes with a fan.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~