Spartans Home

New F2P Ghost Recon

This is really interesting !

I am not too happy with the "3rd person" view but I think I can live with it. It s a FREE game and the graphic looks pretty decent.

It sounds to me like is a PRE of the final GR game which has been already delayed in 2012 sometimes. kit has many similitudes as cloak devices, 3rd person view and probably other stuff.

I wonder if this is a sort of "beta testing" to see if the final retail game will have any market.

It sounds it lose some of the realism of GR to get a bit more "arcadish" (being able to see enemy location under cover... hmm. is that good or bad?)

I would absolutely give a shot to it tho, is this available yet?

I will google it and possibly give it a shot ASAP :)

Thx Rooster!

Well, as a F2P game it has to be slightly arcade-ish to establish a wide market audience. It all depends on how they run the paid portion of the game. WoT and LotRO have probably the best F2P systems on the market right now.

However, I'm willing to look passed those non-sim/tactical elements to see if there is actually a good, fun team game underneath. The abilities sound kinda weird/silly, but if its fun and geared towards clan play it could be a nice game to play on the side.

Edited by Rooster90

Man, and I thought GRAW was a huge step away from what GR was all about, this has NOTHING in common with GR apart from the name.

Personally I would rather stick with the people who do this sort of stuff properly (COD/BF etc) if I wanted to play this type of game instead of going to a company that imparts the kiss of death to every franchise they acquire.

Not that it's a huge blow but I wonder if this is a UBI-crap ploy to soften the blow of announcing Future Soldier isn't coming to PC??

No evidnece to base that on just, my own hunch and bitter memories of being ass-raped with GR2!

Man, and I thought GRAW was a huge step away from what GR was all about, this has NOTHING in common with GR apart from the name.

Personally I would rather stick with the people who do this sort of stuff properly (COD/BF etc) if I wanted to play this type of game instead of going to a company that imparts the kiss of death to every franchise they acquire.

And i have to say Dai is right on this. When a game is "supposed" to belong to one specific style and then get back in a pool of a common style, where there are way bigger competitors, why do not stick with them. They proved the get the job done "better".

In fact, I guess the only reason you wanna give a shot is the "Free" factor and for free having an option to play a different game.

How long it will stay on my hard disk is a different matter.

Actually I made that mistake already with that game... can t evven recall its name, was only $12 and I got it, thinking "for that price, can t go wrong".

True, if I didn t have BF BC2 already, but I had it. So my 12 bucks were totally threw out the window because that game didn t offer any interest or longevity to the party.

Not sure why anybody is complaining. At least it's not like the new Flashpoint games where they advertised themselves as "realistic", "authentic" and "tactical" yet they couldn't be further from it. Ubisoft owns a license and they can do with it what they will. I'm still gonna give it a shot. Yeah, its not classic GR, but it still looks like a fun GAME, and they advertise it as such. That and this title has nothing to do with the main franchise. It's a totally separate game that started development 2 years ago. F2P games are slowly becoming a lot better, give it some slack and try it out before you damn it, lol. You cant hold the same expectations for a F2P game as a AAA title.

Who cares whats in the name. Give it a shot as a free GAME and not as a GR title/tac sim.

Also, @Durka: Love applying that image to every single CoD campaign for the last 4 years, lol.

Actually, now I think that OGR was an anomoly, and is not representative of the name "Ghost Recon" but something altogether different. It was released at a time where things were changing in the gaming world, with online battles, ect. It was the only online FPS that had woods and outdoor enviornments, but somehow the genre got swept under the rug and replaced by buggy linear under-developed $$$$ games that are all too common today. It was one of the last games that rarely needed patching.

The OGR type experience was the perfect hybrid between COD and ARMA games, fast paced enough to have 10min games, yet flexible choose-your-path (i.e. smart) gameplay mixed with easily modable engine. I think that genre is what is missing in today's market, and could do well if brought back.

• 1 year later...

Yeah I still play this. I have fun till I get match up with a team full of stupildy good players all on one team, like the PhX guys or the NJP... then its just a slaughter fest for the other/our team. Talk about a complete fun ruining experience...