Spartans Home

Wingsuit Flying

MH6~SPARTA~

After a fall during skiing, you get up, shake your head and proceed to pick up your scattered gear.

After falling off a bike, you rub some dirt in your wounds and keep going.

After most car accidents, you collect insurance information and go about your day.

With this sport it seems there are no accidents or miscalculations. The words "learning-curve" don't apply. I can't imagine getting into this sport or any like it.

With this sport it seems there are no accidents or miscalculations. The words "learning-curve" don't apply. I can't imagine getting into this sport or any like it.

But how frigging amazing would it be to fly like that, so close to cliffs and other stuff? No plane or glider or anything can do that. These guys probably cliff-jumped in much safer areas or even out of planes to get used to the controls first. It's definately a leap of faith to be the first guy to try that out, though. Any ideas where they were doing this? The video is amazing for the beautiful country, even without the flyers.

Those boys are doing 100 mph+ not fun getting shredded thru trees or bounceing off a rock formation going that fast. Ouch!

Hit a power line (or anything else) at those speeds and and you will be beside yourself.... Literaly

Idiots

Well, on a positive note, any death resulting from this activity will most likely be instantaneous. I'd much prefer such a death than to that of say, drowning, or any other form of asphyxiation--or any prolonged death in general.

This is probably why I am not afraid of flying, or skydiving.

Well, on a positive note, any death resulting from this activity will most likely be instantaneous. I'd much prefer such a death than to that of say, drowning, or any other form of asphyxiation--or any prolonged death in general.

This is probably why I am not afraid of flying, or skydiving.

Well, with skydiving, you have the realization you're going to die when you find out your parachute won't open. So you either have the choice to scramble and save your chute, look down and say f-it, oh well, or scream like a banshee and hopefully you get the Lord's Prayer out fast enough, lol.