Spartans Home

Fallujah

Zeno~SPARTA~

yankee, gunna try that next weekend. time TBD. i'll put up a post sometime soon when i have the time figured out.

also, gents, its best to play this map on veteran. also, if theres 10+ players, remember to change the parameters to increase the number of enemy on the map. (not sure of sxactly where to adjust them to for our group size, until we experiment.)

Jeff

I was unable to play on Fallujah.

The first time I joined, I did not have any tasks, notes, or map markers. My GPS position was all zeros, so I could not get a fix on my position.

The second time I joined, I got a message saying that my ACE was missing something; it was one of the vehicles, although I can't recall which one at the momement. U am using SPARTAACE1.9.

fatal, the tasks never show up once you're in game. there should be markers on the map. go to them. if they aren't there....idk. so far as we can tell, this is a JIP bug.

as for the missing file error, just ignore it. you have the file. i get those all the time, yet the "missing" file is most definitely there.

if this occurs again, let me know. also, keep track of the slots you join as, in case it may a be a bug with them.

Jeff

It is important to note that the fallujah mission is very different from other missions we are used to.

In order to understand what exactly is different, you first need to think of what is really happening in the current theater of war. It is my understanding that the creators of this mission wanted a realistic feel to the gameplay.

So what does this mean to us? Here are a few basic pointers for when you join:

1. Only the TL will have the full gambit of information available to them. This includes GPS, mission markers, etc.

2. This is not DOM. There is no way to adjust settings, switch teams, or access view distance.

3. The medic play is extremely realistic and sometimes a pain. If you die in a car, the medic has to pull you out of the car, apply epinephrine, etc.

4. If you are killed, a medic has a certain amount of time to patch you before you bleed out. However there is no MHQ. So if you die, be prepared for a long walk back.

5. The entire city is the AO. Yesterday I had my Domination hat on and was racing towards my team members in a Humvee. About halfway I was met with a roadblock complete with RPG's, metis turret, and MG nest.

6. Last but not least, RIGHT WINDOWS KEY IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. If you can't figure out how to do something, its probably an option on using that key.

Feel free to add to the list as information becomes available.

Edited by Yankee~SPARTA~

I had a quick run this morning just to see if I can launch it correctly and MODs are working fine. I was in onl10 minutes, time to be killed on a bridge from an RPG.

I joined as TL on Civillian, spawning US camp soouth-west of city.

It would be nice if someone who tested a lil more would give a brief breifing on things you can do on this map.

I mean the game tech info, not mission related info. What is different?

Playing on Veteran mode all markers are removed, Donzy joined me for few minutes and I nticed the only way to see your team in on the SThud. GPS is working correctly. As TL I had all the markers on the map, Donzy was Medic and he confirmed he didn t see the markers.

Maybe is a TL duty to mark the Map on group channel to give directions to his team.

Are there different procedures to revive, heal and similar? How the respawn, if any available works?

I see there are no radios, so no call for drops or similar.

It looks like all forces involved in this operation do not "see" each other on the map, meaning probably is a TL duty to keep map updated on Side Channel about moves to let the others know where they are to avoid friendly fire.

Please provide info regarding how to engage this scenario, if you have any.

I do understand is "different" from Dom, I would like to know more.

Thx.

I propose a 'Hardcore' tac next Friday or Saturday on this map. Land nav, correct squad composition and weapons, multiple factions (US, BAF) or starting points with mixed objectives, Correct Comms etiquette, the whole nine yards really.

Basically, the hardcore tac people...not to say we would exclude anyone who wanted to play but you should be prepared for stuff like "squad 1, land nav to X grid square, marker etc type stuff to execute more complex entries into the city. Also, lots of hurry up and wait. If done correctly, i feel it couple be a lot of fun

Should be FUN.

I am happy to lead, organize or whatever.

However, if im in charge i will be enforcing the comms discipline, as it has been bad lately.

Edited by GooniversalSoldier~SPARTA~

I have been asked to make some modifications to the Taking of fallujah mission

Please note

COOP 82 - The Taking of Fallujah

by Reezo - www.sr5tactical.net

You are NOT authorized to make changes to this mission

unless you've been formally authorized by me.

Moved the difficulty down to regular yesterday and everyone was able to see the objectives - there were seven in total within the city and then the AO of the airfield in the SE.

Agree with previous comments - medics are god-like and you need to ensure you are carrying medi-kits. I tried carrying a radio and found that there was no comms to call drops etc - comments received were that if there were players on arty - then you could call a strike - not tested yet.

Much to explore -------->

CBA is an event handler, check you have the correct version of CBA for combined ops bud.

Link for combined ops CBA on Armaholic

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

so i decided to delete everything, and reinstall the whole arma, patch everything, I placed all of the folders in the arma directory, and when i launch, I got a CBA error, something about eventhandlers.

I think the problem is with one of these 2 files (replace my name with yours)

Z3NO.ArmA2OAProfile

Z3NO.ArmA2Profile

Which reside here

C:\Libraries\Documents\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Z3NO

Check expansions in the main menu and that if CBA is present it is disabled.

If it is try deleting them and lauching the game (it should rebuild them) if not you may have to reinstall.

What is happening is that is it the profile was not deleted when you reinstalled and it still activated the CBA (which executes event handlers).

Good luck

Z