Spartans Home

Hey Kal, Where are you at??

Yankee~SPARTA~

Kalxen!

I hope that you are lurking the forums somewhere. I attempted to "fix" my computer and may have broken it. I believe you are the only person in the Dallas area. I checked some local shops and they want to charge me 79 dollars an hour and won't touch it unless they can run diagnostics. I've got a 12 pack of beer or a fifth of your choice bottle. Plus my wife says she'll cook dinner if it means we don't spend money on the time suck hole (my computer). Send me a pm if you're interested.

Hey Yankee,

Sorry to hear you are having problems. i could help to try to figure out some solution.

If your computer boots up and you can access Internet explorer, i could try a remote connection to get into your PC and see what is going wrong.

If it doesn t boot, I cannot help too much tho.

Let me know, i could be available for a support session on Saturday.

Just Do It ! ! !

You can do it Just get er' Done It won't be hard it's all simple logic because if it don't fit don't force it but there is always a simple thing that can stop ya

then shout out. :clapping:

Where is KAL??????????

p.s. don't forget the little stand offs on the back of the motherboard.

Like Halli said, it really is very simple. All the pieces only fit where they're supposed to go. A lot of boards even have all their connectors labeled as to what is supposed to go there. The easiest thing to forget are the motherboard pegs that attach the board to the case. But if you got the same board as your old one, that won't be an issue since they'll already be in the proper place for you.

- JHunter

P.S. - I see you reading this, Kal. =)

Yankee Sent me a PM to drag me out of a hole. I've been spending 13+ hours a day working on a new project to standardize processes across the bank and get our engineering teams ready for an ISO 9001 cert. That and some issues at home have had me pretty much only doing PowerPoint and Excel on my gaming rig.

Gainfully employed, check.

Ready to go postal, check.

Missing the fun, double-check.

Btw, many thanks for the birthday wishes too.

Yankee Sent me a PM to drag me out of a hole. I've been spending 13+ hours a day working on a new project to standardize processes across the bank and get our engineering teams ready for an ISO 9001 cert. That and some issues at home have had me pretty much only doing PowerPoint and Excel on my gaming rig.

Gainfully employed, check.

Ready to go postal, check.

Missing the fun, double-check.

Btw, many thanks for the birthday wishes too.

KALLLL!!!

Anywho...i went on the premise that things only fit where they should and ended up with a dead motherboard. I get confused when hooking things to the power supply.

Can you expand on what happened? Every power supply I've seen, the different power rails are different sizes.

Could it be your power supply is bad? You may have hooked it up right and the power supply is just bad and fried the board.

- JHunter