Spartans Home

Team Speak Problems

Grizzly

Every so often we have some smuck come on comms and play loud music, talk about EMTs mom, or just say stupid stuff.

Is there any way we can get a channel that is pw protected. Other suggestions?

I would love to help out adminning but I am not a sparta memmber.

How often is "every so often"? Wish I could help but I'm not home nor am I set up in TS just yet.

I've personally only noticed such nonsense sporadically. But, if the problem persists, we might need to reeval "security". Someone more wise on TS management would have to weigh in on our options for that though.

Edited by Tyler~SPARTA~

If spammers become a pain and kicking doesn't make them go away please PM an admin and they will recieve bans :finger:

If ppl play music and are hogging comms with non game related stuff, politely let them know they are being a pain then if that doesn't work tell an admim. We are a group of friends having a blast but please if guys are playing a game like Arma they need good comms to be effective and enjoy themselves if you disrupt this we will have to remove you from teamspeak.

Grizz you could allways make an app :D

Yeah,

I was there yesterday when that guy was really annoying for more than 10 or 15 minutes.

Tehre was no solution because kicking him he was coming back with different names and he did it so quickly that between the "betty' voice (user joined your channel, user has been kicked and so far and so forth) and the annoying music, was just a big mess.

I don t know how banning really works for TS3, but you need to ban an IP to be sure he is not coming back within 30 seconds.

In a similar situation it would be enough to have a passworded channel we can all move, leaving the a**hole alone in the public channel.

Why not password teamspeak all together and put it on the forums for the community?

Speaking from experience in Arma... the majority of the public users in TS come from within a game and aren't even registered on the forums unless, for instance, they need to request flight/mhq rights.

Locking down TS entirely seems like it would turn a headache into a migraine since it would require directing our "game-only" guests to the forums to register here before they'd be able to join us in TS.

My $0.02.

I think having at least one channel passworded is good enough to start.

If me or Halo are online, we can just drag everyone on the passworded channel.

If I m not online, send me a PM and I will get it straight on my phone and I will reply right away. Remember I m on EST time, lol... if I m sleeping, forget about it :)