Spartans Home

Kids

My son Harry asked the wife today which tape is strongest parcel or gaffer tape?

Wife why?

Because I want to tape my mate Scanny to a bin tomorrow at school.

Harry you are not taping anyone to a bin (this said rather loudly).

Harry went on saying he won't use our tape he will buy his own, the conversation went the way you can imagine ended by the wife.

Guess who is gonna be in a world of shit when he gets home this evening as the wife has just found 2 rolls of tape and some scissors in his school bag, I am PMSL.

Yea, tell him scissors can get him in trouble at school. Duct tape is way better.

Actually gorilla a tape (black one) is way better then regular gray/silver duct tape. Its easy to rip it with bare hands and stick as good as ex wife to your paycheck.

I hope you did explain your boy how to tape for best grip?

:allgood:

Unresolved she is not having the conversation until tomorrow night (end of term) I will keep posted.

I didn't know there was a difference between black and silver and I've used miles of the stuff at work LOL.

Ah duct tape, the abductors tool of choice..........

Silence is golden

but

Duct tape is silver!

Well, you are correct. It was source of confusion to me. We use duct tape to seal connection in air/heat duct;s. So tape used to seal air duct's should be named duct tape. But its silver/metal and its called silver (at list in my company) and so called duct tape would be illegal to use.

Sometimes you Americans does not make sense at all :)

Well, you are correct. It was source of confusion to me. We use duct tape to seal connection in air/heat duct;s. So tape used to seal air duct's should be named duct tape. But its silver/metal and its called silver (at list in my company) and so called duct tape would be illegal to use.

Sometimes you Americans does not make sense at all :)

Yeah that silver stuff is called Foil Tape, and is used on ducts, and is fricking expensive. One roll is $15! And the duct tape is right next to it, in the ducting area at Home Depot, but it's not to be used on ducts. Actually, Duct tape can be used on just about everything BUT ducts. Maybe that's why they called it that.

So we need an update....

I expected major limb removal, he smooth talked his way out of it the jammy little git.

lol My kid has a wild imagination too sometimes..... I once told him he ould get a swiss knife when he becomes ten, now he's nine and already anticipating on all the sticks he's gonna carve.... I on the other hand am already anticipating on all the fingers he's gonna carve....lol

But he stay's of my duck tape..... (that's the proper name as there used to be a duck printed on the inside of the roll, thats why that name, nothing to do with ducts.....lol)

Hey I've got myself a nice scar at the base of my pinky finger where I folded a Swiss Army knife the wrong way :) I think I was 11.

Happened to me as well at the age of 10 and i taped it with duct tape.

I saw a Nat Geo documentary way back when of a guy filming in Afghanistan just after the fighting broke out. I actually met this guy in a bar in Knoxville about a year before, and he gave me his hat lol. Anyways, he was going to get into a helicopter the Afghan National Army had, and it landed, they said it may be just a bit unstable because the rotors came off recently, but not to worry as they were being held with ductape. You can imagine the guy's wariness. Later on, he ended up getting artillery called in near his position and took some shrapnel in the leg.