Spartans Home

Windows 7

I would say Win 7 64 Home Premium is what you want.

Nowaday having a 64 bit version is a must considering games are becoming demanding on RAM and in general a solid gaming PC should have between 4 and 6 GB ram.

Any 32 bit OOS allocate a max of about 3.5 GB and that s why the belong to the past :)

I agree with Batwing Win7 64 Premium.

I have used Win7 64 Ultimate since RC on my primary gaming rig and am very pleased with the performance but have heard from fellow gamers that they have had great sucess with the W764 Premium flavor.

Edited by Hajimoto

I have windows 7 64 professional no complaints here... though windows 8 is due out next year for beta testing. btw there is a new code going to be written thats the rumor anyway ..

Edited by GySgt~SPARTA~

I realize that you have already made your decision and WIN764HP is a great choice, I would like advise that you buy a retail full copy and not OEM.

You may or may not know this but OEM follow the motherboard they were registered to during the first install.

When you upgrade that box to a 4/6 core CPU, your current MB is not going to get you there. So you will need to purchase ANOTHER OS.

Just a warning. Good luck!

I realize that you have already made your decision and WIN764HP is a great choice, I would like advise that you buy a retail full copy and not OEM.

You may or may not know this but OEM follow the motherboard they were registered to during the first install.

When you upgrade that box to a 4/6 core CPU, your current MB is not going to get you there. So you will need to purchase ANOTHER OS.

Just a warning. Good luck!

Thanks for the warning Haji. But, this mishap is eating much of the $$ I intended to use to upgrade hardware. So, I doubt that I'll be needing a new motherboard any time soon. Plus, I may be going off to school in the next 6 months and will likely leave that box at home, depending on accommodations, and upgrade my laptop.

get an upgrade...you will save alot more money by avoiding the full. But the draw back is you need any XP or vista OS to base the "upgrade" off for proper licensing. Buddy had to reinstall and it asked to do a phone authorization on the upgrade since he upgraded his mobo, etc.....they just ask what OS you had before. Someone got on the phone only when the automated activation system messed up due to him calling on cell and glitching out.

Upgrade for Professional runs about $90-100....not sure about Home Prem.

Also if you're concerned about not having the media for your upgrade...don't worry....Microsoft understands you have to make "Custom" installations with out the previous OS media (basically Custom means reformat, at no point will you be asked about your previous media....but it would be helpful to retain the COA, Certificate of Authenticity....the label or sticker that states the OS, basically the proof of purchase of Windows)

Edited by SirSmokalot

but it would be helpful to retain the COA, Certificate of Authenticity....the label or sticker that states the OS, basically the proof of purchase of Windows)

I've got the sticker thing stuck to the side of my box.. First though, I have to figure out how to recover data off of the corrupt partition. Fun times ahead...