Spartans Home

HUD BY dYSLEXCI

Lightspeed~SPARTA~

I like the idea. It makes a lot of sense as situational awareness in a game, focused on teamplay.

Is the only real way to keep a small formation. It would be so nice if we would start working on small group formations a bit more.

Actually this would be great if we get into the CQB more. I just got it and installed.

See ya

I downloaded this a while back and wanted to try it before I had to take a break. I think it will do us all a world of good to have it, and hopefully keep people from straying off from the group. It should work great for normal movements, but not sure how it would do for CQB, considering how that involves different types of formations based on the walls and hard cover around, but it's definately worth a try.

I personally think its a great idea, but it also detracts from watching you're corners and staying alert on you're own.

I constantly scan from "3" to "9", yet "6" every 30-60sec. If you ever followed my movements you would see this...that's situational awareness.....know where friendlies are, scan environment for quick cover and conceealment for immediate need, analyze where an ambush could occur, watch the high ground, etc, etc

But i like the heads up though it is a cool concept.

I dont think this is a server side tool, you need to run CBA (use one of the versions on our download site and the sthud addon. I have added the key to all the servers.

They do not want it added to our download site so you will have to download it from them.

I personally think its a great idea, but it also detracts from watching you're corners and staying alert on you're own.

I constantly scan from "3" to "9", yet "6" every 30-60sec. If you ever followed my movements you would see this...that's situational awareness.....know where friendlies are, scan environment for quick cover and conceealment for immediate need, analyze where an ambush could occur, watch the high ground, etc, etc

But i like the heads up though it is a cool concept.

In RL, it takes a fraction of a second to glance over to your teammates to make sure you are in the right place. In-game, it takes much more effort, and this HUD is meant to replace that "glance" to your left/right down to the hud. One should always scan in all directions as you do, but with this HUD, we should be able to do so without running too far ahead or falling behind the group. I don't know how many times I've seen guys break too far away from the formation, especially when advancing, and hopefully this will fix that.

In RL, it takes a fraction of a second to glance over to your teammates to make sure you are in the right place. In-game, it takes much more effort, and this HUD is meant to replace that "glance" to your left/right down to the hud. One should always scan in all directions as you do, but with this HUD, we should be able to do so without running too far ahead or falling behind the group. I don't know how many times I've seen guys break too far away from the formation, especially when advancing, and hopefully this will fix that.

roger, but I do look around alot if you notice my head in game. But I get ya.

I was afraid of no free look support and getting disoriented or would have to adapt over time:

7/15/2010

- HUD is now based on view position (ie, TrackIR/freelook support). Thanks to zGuba for contributions regarding this.

I tried to use it and I have a no go.

At first was asking for an addon "extended eventhandler", i found it on internet an installed.

Second attempt now th extended eventhandler iss asking for CAweapon3, I searched for on internet and I didnt find it.

Anyone knows what the hell is that?

However, I am starting thinking this little HUD is redundant with the GPS window we use already - ctrl+m -, so I am not so sure it makes any sense.

Furthermore is giving me hard time to have it working, so I think its real place is in the Recycle Bin :)

Alright,

Although whatever gets at this level of silly difficulty for me is synonimous of crap (do an addon which is supposed to work out of the box, not one i have to download the NASA archive first...)...

This is what I did:

1 - Got the CBA from the above suggested link and activated

2 - Got the extended eventhandler and activated

3 - Got the HUD thingy and activated

Error messages says EXTENDED EVENTHANNDLER NEEDS ADDON ACWEAPON3

I am stuck.... and getting pissed... :)

Round two of my fight with this addon. :wallbash:

I too have done the following:

1 - Got the CBA from the above suggested link and activated

2 - Got the HUD thingy and activated

On game startup I get the following error:

error4.jpg

I click ok and the game loads and attempts to join the Sparta server with the following addons:

error6.jpg

Then I am greeting with the following error:

error5.jpg

I am able to join the server but do not see the HUD on the screen. If you know of a solution, please advise.

Thank you

Edited by Hajimoto

Ok, people are getting confused here so let's take a step back.

To use the HUD you need to have the 'Standard' CBA running as an expansion, not the 'ACE' one.

Upon joining the server, if you are in a 'Group' on your own the HUD does not show. Move into a group with other members and it should pop up.

As for the other errors I can only imagine these are leftovers from other expansions or MOD's.

The trouble with this game is people have installed, removed and edited the 'Standard' folders so much that these kind of errors are inevitable.