Spartans Home

My CPU is cooking :((

Cent~SPARTA~

Im running a Intel Q8200 2.4GHz CPU with a stock fan( Temp up to 65'.Im no expert but i think that a trifle hot!). Any ideas what kind of Fan i shud be looking for to replace.

Its a damn mine field out there!!!

Budget is under £75 if poss.

Unless you want to overclock stock fan should do the job no need to spend money for aftermarket cooler.

FIrst what is the room temps ?

Second what are you using to cool your case ?

Third need to check fan rpm maybe it's not runnig at the right speed (you can check in bios and change the speed or use softwere to level up the rpm)

Check if the stock's heatsink is clean off dust, it can cause also for the problem.

Last thing check for vcore voltage if it's not on the stock premeter and higher than that it will cause for overheating.

let us know

Edited by IDAN~SPARTA~

processor can withstand without problems temps up to 100c. First thing I would do would be buying a fans for the pc case, which is much cheaper. Try putting a good fan in the back, to suck the hot air out, a good fan in a front, to put some nice cool air in. You want always a good airflow through the pc.

cheers

also, if temps get too hot, you cpu has a safety feature the makes it automatically shut down before any real damage is made.

65 is no surprise with the temps in the UK at present and it shouldn't be a problem unless like the guys have said your case fans aren't getting that hot air out of your case

SPEEDFAN 4.40

http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

If the motherboard supports; It gooooooooood program (free; only a couple off MB)

My CPU fan can go up to +4400 RPM's (never happend yet.. ) (dont buy fans less then 2500rpm (for all fans)(unless?)

Make shure your pc is at least +- 25cm from the wall (rear)(outburst of fan(s))

Check your airflow .. (low in high out ..heat goes upwards)

And how are your wires and pci devices ect.? (a mess?)

(Do some tests on all this stuff )

:bye2:

Unless you want to overclock stock fan should do the job no need to spend money for aftermarket cooler.

FIrst what is the room temps ?

Second what are you using to cool your case ?

Third need to check fan rpm maybe it's not runnig at the right speed (you can check in bios and change the speed or use softwere to level up the rpm)

Check if the stock's heatsink is clean off dust, it can cause also for the problem.

Last thing check for vcore voltage if it's not on the stock premeter and higher than that it will cause for overheating.

let us know

room temps 22/28' as custard said its a bit warm at min.

6" fan at front, 4" + 2" in side/4" over GPU and 2" over CPU both pulling cool into case an 3" exghaust at top rear by PSU.

rpm's seem ok but max on any is 2500rpm and thats on the 4".

had a good dust out and wasn't that bad.

not sure what the voltage should be tho.

I keep the case fairly tidy with ties n things and the air flow unobstructed.

room temps 22/28' as custard said its a bit warm at min.

6" fan at front, 4" + 2" in side/4" over GPU and 2" over CPU both pulling cool into case an 3" exghaust at top rear by PSU.

rpm's seem ok but max on any is 2500rpm and thats on the 4".

had a good dust out and wasn't that bad.

not sure what the voltage should be tho.

I keep the case fairly tidy with ties n things and the air flow unobstructed.

Does it reaches 65c while playing or on idle use ?

if it's while playing than it's ok you don't have to worry tjmax for quadcore is around 90c-100c

and as skazbr wrote the cpu protects its self if it reaches tjmax.

well I had the problem that my cpu fan wasn't stuck to the cpu well enough. occasinally I would get a beeping sound, but no gameplay porbs whatsoever.

I decided to dl everest and test the heat... my cpu was 85 degrees centigrade during BF BC2, and I got a blue screen.

When I checked on the cooling I saw the connectors which hold the fan to the cpu broken.

Got me a scythe mugen rev2b and now I'm down to 50 degrees centigrade full load, but that more due to the hot weather.....

I have a cooler master centurion case were the PSU is at the bottom, and the cpu at the top, the huge 120 mm fan blowing from the bottom to the top and another 120 mm fan sucking the air out of the case thrugh the top (air vent is on top of the case) that should really do the trick....

I have a Quad6600 2.4mhz)core and my 4 cores dont ecxeed 40-degrees celsius !

i bougth a new case i had a small tower so i bought a big boy ;higher 10cm wider about 4cm deeper about 10cm .

with more FAN capacity now i got one fan in front/one in the back on on top and my power supply is on the bottom of case (check the heat of the power supply old scool?)

my graphics card i always set manually to 100percent And I GOT a fan spot cooler also on it !!

http://www2.forcom.be/?product=306495

directly on the graphics fan .

when i use to game my graphics card was up to 60 a 70 degrees now its always 10-degrees less ! and better HD temps and better core temps ..

is your pc on the floor or on your desk ?

Edited by EBE