Spartans Home

Football (Soccer) World Cup 2010

It would be funny as hell if Merica won ...Hahaha

LOL. American suck at Futbol/Soccer. I should know I played for four years in highschool. VARSITY BABY! YEAH!

Good luck to all the teams and may the best faked injuries win!

• 1 month later...

I saw the match tonight. England vs USA and I have to admit that I am really surprised about the american team. I mean despite the USA hasn´t a big lobby for soccer they did an amazing job tonight. well done. Playing 1:1 is a very good result against a team like England. BTW England could have done better... I think they lost a lot of good chances.

Please don´t remind me of the desasterous match Greece vs South Korea...The greek tragedy part 1.

For sure US performance has been better than England IMO.

Expectation for England were pretty high, but they didn t do anything special.

Also true to say, Soccer reward who tries to score. You can use all the tactic you want, but if you dont shoot at goal you don t score.

The US player shoot at gooal and got a lucky opportunity, but this is part of the game.

I hope they will continue to believe in it, so we will have some nice show during game :)

England on his side needs to pull the reins of their team. If they play like this, there will not be "long life to the Queen" ..

I saw the match, and honestly, those 4 goals were not coming from any help.

I don t know if Germany is strong, , Aussie was weak in defense, then if you have ppl able to shoot at goal, that is important.

All of the 4 goals were nice, the only help came from the weak defense.

The referee was quite ok, also punished 2 germans for simulation, which should establish a sort of "respect" during the match.

I also saw the match and I have to agree with Batwing. In addition to the 4 goals, the germans had many other good chances, so that the actual score could easily been like 6:0.

The germans are currently playing with the youngest WC-team ever. And another big plus for that team is that 5 player are playimg in the team of Bayern Munich.

The result was a very nice match against a not very strong opponent.

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately Greece is out. The match was pretty good, but it was like a fight David vs Goliath. Argentina was just too strong for our brave greek team. Our goal-keeper did an amazing job that night. At least they can go home now with raised heads.

Argentina is my personal favourite for the tournament. They play really nice football and they have some of the worlds best players in the team like Messi, Milito and Veron. It´s quite a pleasure seeing these guys playing football.

Very disappointed about Germany although they won the match against Ghana. They played very unspectacular and made a lot of mistakes especially in the offense. I think the lack of experience might be the reason for that.

Very disappointed about Germany although they won the match against Ghana. They played very unspectacular and made a lot of mistakes especially in the offense. I think the lack of experience might be the reason for that.

I agree with that, I was expecting way better than that performance.

However, it is better so, that means my "old" italian players could try to handle germany if one day they will get to meet, based on experience, at least :)

However, Italy will play in about 1 hour and all the mistery will be solved soon :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, what a match, Germany is flaweless.

They have it all, quick, precise, energetic and most importantly they play as a team. No selfish shooters at score, but efficency to achieve a goal. Pass the ball !

I'd love if Italian team would learn from this.