Spartans Home

CRYSIS [2] ( Crysis2 )

A game so great the vid card for it won't be invented for 5 years.

Actually if I'm not mistaken it will run have similar requirements to what crysis/warhead had 2 years ago, but the graphics and physics have been tuned to be even greater. As the devs put it, they had a great visual base with CE2 but they had poor preformance, so now they fine tuned the graphics a little and put HUGE emphasis on managing the original preformance issues.

It should also be noted that cryengine 2 COULD NOT be put on consoles because of preformance demand (they could have put it on consoles on lower settings but it wouldn't have looked as good), and now they CAN put it on consoles with an even better engine.

Man, I can't wait till it comes out so they I can start modding again :)

This is the most complex game engine made yet. All the little game makers are still trying to figure it out. Now if only arma used this engine. That would be a game. For that matter if any new game used this engine then life would be good. The 8800 series and up will run it well, but the new nivida cards will make it great. Reactive enviroments, its the best yet. And let DX9 die along with XP along with the fuzzy and crappy graffics of old. CRYTEC brought Hidef to gameing.

The console game makers are slowly evolveing into a p/c itself. they are allmost there. The prices of them are allmost there as well.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Wow, this is beautiful.

I wonder if i can achieve that level of graphic without a DX 11 card. I m not planningn any upgrade soon, my CF is a good kick ass at the moment.

Oh well, we ll see :)

When you get stuff like this is like when you watcha blu-ray disk, What s the sense to have a blu-ray if you don t have a great TV and a very good digital sound system?

I hope 5870 or 5970 will drop their price a bit in meanwhile.... ;)

I hope 5870 or 5970 will drop their price a bit in meanwhile.... ;)

Not any time soon, think about it, NV 480 GTX has similar performance and costs 30% more.......

IF anything the ATI prices will increase to around 20% below nvidia.

How it works,

IF nvidia sell alot of 4xx cards then ATI will bring their prices down to compete and try to catch some of NV customers.

If nvidia sell afew of the 4xx then ATI will do nothing or increase the price as the Nvidia is 30% higher.

HD 5870 is averaging 400-430

NV 480 GTX averaging 500-550

My current choice of cards XFX 5870 (2Years Warranty)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....amp;subcat=1502

£360 UK

NV 480 GTX (PNY Lifetime Warranty) £450 UK

Your poinnt is totally right Viiper.

However when i will decide an upgrade, the 400 - 450 bucks range is really OK, so I will be happy with that.

Unfortunately I do not really see Nvidia selling a lot of 4xx cards, for the only reason they have iissues to prooduce them.

I hope they solve the issue, so possibly will make some market competition. At the moment I am an ATI guy and i ll stay like that :) However competition on the market always help us :)

It looks like there is a new version of Lockon coming out, not sure about release date.

However, they need to implement a better network interaction. It just sucks that you have to use a third party app (hyperlobby) to find someone online.

Also, the few times I ve been looking for ppl, it looks like is a very limited community, I might be wrong tho.

It is sad that the only flight sim out there pretty decent is Lockon or blackshark ( i dont have BS) and they are sorta of 4 yrs old

It looks like there is a new version of Lockon coming out, not sure about release date.

However, they need to implement a better network interaction. It just sucks that you have to use a third party app (hyperlobby) to find someone online.

Also, the few times I ve been looking for ppl, it looks like is a very limited community, I might be wrong tho.

It is sad that the only flight sim out there pretty decent is Lockon or blackshark ( i dont have BS) and they are sorta of 4 yrs old

The new version of lockon is out and it has an in game server browser :) http://lockon.co.uk/ It pretty much uses everything from blackshark and even gives the current flyables a semi-6DOF cockpit so you can look around more. Check it out its well worth the 30$

• 1 month later...