Spartans Home

OPFOR BIGDOM O.1

KalXen~SPARTA~

New version of the OPFOR BigDOM map is ready, version O.1. These will be ftp'ed up to our servers soon.

Whats new? All the BigDom + OPFor commander from before, and...

• Seperate versions of the map for public server, TacDom, and ACE
  • Importing latest changes from Domination 1.38+.
  • All new revive system (as seen in last week's TacDom) where you can chat while dead, etc.
  • Numerous bug fixes from version M.
  • Optimization items from version N (never released)

If you run into bugs, post them here:

In ACE (and probably the others)

1) It appears that something broke in the playerspawn.sqf file when after you die wheel scroll options don't reappear. Call Artillery, Call UAV for OPFor Commander

2) When dead, and nobody else is around, WEST is stuck waiting on ground for minimum timer.

3) Secondary mission would now update status properly to all JIP players.

whine, whine, winge, winge.

We seem to only be able to revive others a limited number of times. Is this a parameter. As a medic I couldnt revive anyone (after reviving 3-5 times) and felt a bit of a dunsel.

When parachuting in from main base I became disorientated when I desperately searched for the rip cord only to find I didnt have one.

I dragged Kav, thinking I would be able to revive him, then I couldnt drop him, but had the carry option, so I carried him, then I couldnt shoot, couldnt drop him and couldnt run, highly amusing.

We should just leave the server "as-is" and advertise it as the Sparta "M*A*S*H" server, where you can re-live all of the zany moments of the acclaimed television series online with your friends!

Zeno: "Chute won't deploy. Bollocks!"

(cue laugh track)

Ok for the revives - This is all based on the new system - Each time you revive someone, you use up a Medpack. Everyone starts with 5. You can get more at a medic tent. Medics, can spit out a mash and hence can have unlimited medic packs.

Still looking into the parachuting.

Not automatically- you get a scroll wheel option to get more kits. Also in Ace you can go to Gear and get other things they are working on like splints, stamina boosters, etc.

I fear that the Ace-guys will then introduce an addiction system. So that when you take 4 stamina packs in one hour you get addicted and need to take them constantly otherwise you either pass off from your turkey or in the end stadium when not getting anymore packs you run amok killing everything near you...