Spartans Home

Bad company 2

Dedicated Server FAQ for Battlefield Bad Company 2 PC

Will there be an option to have my own dedicated server?

Yes, DICE will have trusted partners with datacenters worldwide that you'll be able to rent a dedicated server from ensuring you always have a quality server in your region.

How much will it cost to rent a dedicated server for Battlefield Bad Company 2?

Because these are offered by the trusted partners we can't answer that, but they will be priced fairly according to your market.

Can I control my server with remote admin tools?

Yes, you will have the ability manage your server via remote admin tools allowing you to manage your server, your way.

Is there the option to give my server a custom name?

Yes, you'll be able to name your server what you like.

Will I be able to make a reserve list for my server?

Yes, you will be able to reserve a limited amount of space on your server when public for whom ever you like.

Am I able to host a private match?

Yes, you will be able to password protect your server.

Is there a client server browser to view server lists?

Yes, clients on the PC will have a full server's browser to select the server they'd like to play on.

Can I earn ranks and rewards on my rented server?

Yes! You will be able to run your server as Ranked allowing you to still earn unlocks, rewards, and host a server for all to enjoy.

Are PC clients going to be match made to servers?

No, PC clients will use their server browser and filter options.

Will you have an anti-cheat requirement?

Yes, all dedicated servers and clients on PC will be required to have the anti-cheat software running at all times.

As a person of interest regarding gsp server side files, still looking into its stability as gameserver.

Bad Company 2 FAQ

I really enjoyed BF2 and had tons of medals, ranks, etc. This looks promising and would provide another outlet.

Looks like the only way to get the beta is to do pre-order through gamestop.com via their online store and they will email you a beta key. That is for people in the US. If you go to the website there is a limited list of suppliers.

The only downside is the dedis are to trusted gsp who handle ranked servers...(lame)

But when they open the server files for other gsp and providing the mods are available i can see this going into a comp level between clans.

Current Beta Keys, not sure by the time you read there still avi, but here you go guys

29UL-5AKX-NR7C-7DQ4

85XA-M3RS-CUX4-SFGJ

GLKD-FL3N-HFZ5-6X8D

HWUN-XBE4-R83E-TXYQ

BQT6-YXF2-5Y9Z-UA67

59RG-TESK-N7Y3-R2WT

http://twitter.com/bc2com

Well i just finished playing it myself, pretty cool for a game, can definitely see it becoming a good hit as a game, only sad part is that dedi's are limited to pre chosen gsp's.

Edited by h3ll

Played and uninstalled already. Disappointed to say the least.

I guess its completely different to Arma, to me it felt kinda cartoonistic in an odd way, enjoyable but just not sure about it. I guess if the modders are allowed to alter since its only allowed on pre defined ranked servers then perhaps something might come good of it.

Its not because its different from ARMA, because I expected that. Its the other small things, like weapon range and accuracy because of the ranking system. Since I am only a level one, they assume that I suck and give me a weapon that might be able to punch its way through a piece of paper at 10 feet, if it could hit the piece of paper that is. Not to mention the recoil makes the weapon bounce around like you're firing standing on a roller coaster

Its there artificial balance of the game to make people play to rank up instead of playing to win that pisses me off.

Did I mention that every single game I played came down to who could get their tanks pushed close enough to stop the other team so they could capture the objectives? People are running past the objective to get kills. The game does some things well but does the rest of the stuff so poorly that I'll pass.

Its not because its different from ARMA, because I expected that. Its the other small things, like weapon range and accuracy because of the ranking system. Since I am only a level one, they assume that I suck and give me a weapon that might be able to punch its way through a piece of paper at 10 feet, if it could hit the piece of paper that is. Not to mention the recoil makes the weapon bounce around like you're firing standing on a roller coaster

Its there artificial balance of the game to make people play to rank up instead of playing to win that pisses me off.

Did I mention that every single game I played came down to who could get their tanks pushed close enough to stop the other team so they could capture the objectives? People are running past the objective to get kills. The game does some things well but does the rest of the stuff so poorly that I'll pass.

Nuff said. I'll keep my money. This sounds a lot like CoD4-15. Thanks Punisher.

I think its an amazing game.

About the tank thing... People just done know how to deal with them. After they are gone, I have had some pretty intense firefights over those bomb things...

Bunch of us fighting between 2 houses posted right next to each other. Someone blows away the wall next to me and i see a Bradley staring at me. I run to the next room and see the entire upstairs get destroyed... I've had a lot of fun playing just the beta... I would recommend buying it. But everyone is different

As a beta, there are problems like lag and bugs. But thats what betas are for.

O calling hellfires on snipers is alway much fun... Watching the room they are in get completely destroyed.

I'll agree with you on that. The whole building destruction thing adds a ton to the game. I loved how you could take out a roof with an RPG if a sniper thought he was protected there. The way they have it now is maybe a bit much, but if it was toned down a tad, it would be one of the coolest/useful/balanced game features I've seen in a long time.

It just the other parts of gameplay that are there for "balancing" issues turn me off of the game. Give me a game where skill and tactics balance it out instead of having developers do 100% of the work artificially balancing it.

• 4 weeks later...