I have modified the shooting range.

http://www.legionofsparta.net/downloads/Ga...C.Chernarus.rar

- Barriers have been replaced

- Sniper ranging targets replaced with popup targets

- Flag poles added beside targets at 500m, 1000m and 1500m

- Vehicle ammo resupply point for Tow HMMMV and UAZ SPG9

- CQB hangar (this is a first attempt)

- view distance in multiplayer has been fixed

- retained the 800 - 2000m range position (remember moa correction only goes to 70 but 2000m shot still within scope on M107 and KSVK)

todo

teleport

add respawn script for players

better ai movement in CQB hangar

better ai respawn script in CQB hangar

New layout for cqb hangar with a more clearly defined path.

Add tank and avenger in AT range

add armour targets at longer ranges

add patrolling chopper and aircraft targets

He he

I now have arange card for a M4A1 RCO 300M to 800M

Thanks Zeno I don't know what to do next, practice M203 or another rifle or even extend the range card for the M107 out to 2000M

:banana_dance: :banana_dance: :banana_dance:

He he

I now have arange card for a M4A1 RCO 300M to 800M

Thanks Zeno I don't know what to do next, practice M203 or another rifle or even extend the range card for the M107 out to 2000M

:banana_dance: :banana_dance: :banana_dance:

So, are these range cards the exact same for each weapon in game.. and if so, if they just files on your profile and .. can't we just compile a common one for everyone?

With the M4 at 800M it takes me 2 shots average to hit the target so I stopped there cos its my limit others may do better i.e. I have old eyes rofl

I will share my range cards but you will need to practice with them, the stock M107 range card is not perfect for me and I need to practice with it and maybe change some of the settings.

I will share my range cards but you will need to practice with them, the stock M107 range card is not perfect for me and I need to practice with it and maybe change some of the settings.

Yeah, I was just looking to see if it was possible to cheat off someone to at least get a baseline to work with. I think the range idea is cool.

I wondered if it would be something we could add into Domination for those people sitting at the base with idle hands that just shoot at things there, but probably better to be off the server so its easier to admin the 'just trying out my weapon' vs 'I'm an idiot looking to TK'.

woah woah woah you guys are shooting an M4 all the way out to 800m?!?!? Dude, lol, even with an ACOG, the max range is around 500m, 600m if the target is standing up and not moving. In any type of game, or life, really, engagements with M4, M16s, ect should be within 400m. Accurate engagements should be within 300m.

If one fires at 600-800m constantly with an M4, the odds that the target will be hit is very low. The odds that a 1shot/1kill is made is even lower. Consider the disadvantages of firing on targets at that range with small arms. You've now shot at the enemy, and they can get your location. Once that happens, they have a fairly safe buffer zone to either retreat, or call in reinforcements and charge. Also, the M203 is useless out to that distance.

A good suggestion would be to limit all engagements to 400m and less. 200m being preferred, close up fighting where movement and covering arcs make a difference. When I'm MC on tac dom nights, I always try to keep engagements in that range, because I know folks have a tendency to shoot the first thing they see, which usually ends up in disaster.

woah woah woah you guys are shooting an M4 all the way out to 800m?!?!? Dude, lol, even with an ACOG, the max range is around 500m, 600m if the target is standing up and not moving. In any type of game, or life, really, engagements with M4, M16s, ect should be within 400m. Accurate engagements should be within 300m.

If one fires at 600-800m constantly with an M4, the odds that the target will be hit is very low. The odds that a 1shot/1kill is made is even lower. Consider the disadvantages of firing on targets at that range with small arms. You've now shot at the enemy, and they can get your location. Once that happens, they have a fairly safe buffer zone to either retreat, or call in reinforcements and charge. Also, the M203 is useless out to that distance.

A good suggestion would be to limit all engagements to 400m and less. 200m being preferred, close up fighting where movement and covering arcs make a difference. When I'm MC on tac dom nights, I always try to keep engagements in that range, because I know folks have a tendency to shoot the first thing they see, which usually ends up in disaster.

You just have to shoot at them enough times that you get them ;)

With a M4A1 RCO I can hit at 800M with the range card this is not a kill, I need at least two maybe three hits for a kill, but I am laying down consistent accurate ish fire.

Use Zeno's range and you will see how inacurate the weapon (M4 A1) is at 800M, it is not behaving like a DMR or M107.

Since I started playing this game I know AI ping me at 800M+ and sometimes get a one shot kill (luck whatever) now I feel I have a level playing field.

If I see you at 300M to 500M with the range card mod and I have the time to dial in you are dead over 500M I will still be lucky and if you have backup over 500M then I'm fubar.

With a M107 and a stationary target at 1400M I will miss one in five EVERYONE should try this it's legondary.

There is a range for short range training out to about 300m but it needs some more thought, I have laid it out randomly but maybe it should be laid out more like a firing range with fixed distances

how about some obsticles - trees, bushes, barrels, fences, cars - so you have to move and use different stances to see/hit the tragets :)

Skele, if you do a good CQB scenario in a Hangar I will incorporate it into the Shooting Range map. I am going to redo that part anyway.

I have redone the assault rifle range so that there are targets at set distances.

For fun I have peppered targets in high places all over the area.

Skele, if you do a good CQB scenario in a Hangar I will incorporate it into the Shooting Range map. I am going to redo that part anyway.

I have redone the assault rifle range so that there are targets at set distances.

For fun I have peppered targets in high places all over the area.

10-4 zeno i got some things i would like to do. Ill start messing with it.

With a M4A1 RCO I can hit at 800M with the range card this is not a kill, I need at least two maybe three hits for a kill, but I am laying down consistent accurate ish fire.

Use Zeno's range and you will see how inacurate the weapon (M4 A1) is at 800M, it is not behaving like a DMR or M107.

Since I started playing this game I know AI ping me at 800M+ and sometimes get a one shot kill (luck whatever) now I feel I have a level playing field.

If I see you at 300M to 500M with the range card mod and I have the time to dial in you are dead over 500M I will still be lucky and if you have backup over 500M then I'm fubar.

With a M107 and a stationary target at 1400M I will miss one in five EVERYONE should try this it's legondary.

This is where the M109 from the ACE2 Mod comes in handy. All you need to do is get close enough and they are dead. I will give it a go.

The latest version of the shooting range (Shooting_range_PUT_2d) is on the download site

I have tidied up the rifle range (targets at fixed ranges) and added 5 elevated fun targets

I have added more armour targets and longer range grenade targets + a Tusk and LAV 25

the sniper can teleport from the medium range to the long range position and back

the rifleman, grenadier and AT can each teleport to and from their respective slots (flags to the rear teleport to other locations, flags to the left teleport back to home location)

I have added rudimentary 10 sec respawn for the Bluefor (if they die in the CQB hangar).

If Skeletele comes up with a neat CQB I will replace mine with his.

Cheers

Z