Spartans Home

Let's be sensible shall we?

DaiSan

Now we are all grown ups here (hopefully) so let's address a little issue.

At the moment there is a bug in the Opfor Commander version of Tacdom that lets an opfor member spawn at the Blue base.

This is a BUG and as we are all adults and supposed to play with some honour I for one do not expect to join a game as blue, go into the flag base, start kitting up and have an opfor member put a gun in my ear and cap me. Also spawning at the blue base and stealing helicopters etc is not acceptable either.

If I see it, or it happens to me again I WILL kick and ban the offending player and then speak to other members about lifting the ban or not.

Please follow Luggages lead on this, he spawned at Blue, stated this was a bug in TS and Game Chat and patiently say by the flag while the game sorted itself out causing no problems. This is the mature attitude I expect from anyone that plays on the SPARTA server.

Cheers.

Should be fixed in incoming "I" version.

Great stuff :)

This wasn't a criticism of the MOD Kal, it's fantastic work, It was trying to lay down some ground rules regarding what is acceptable when a bug/exploit is found. Just because it's there doesn't mean we have to use it.

Hell, most full price games are riddled with bugs so keep up the good work.

Agreed Dai, very un-sporting.

I would have thought that the best use of the two extra slots was to act as "spotters" for the OpFor Commander, not taking pot shots at BluFor. If they are at the BluFor base they can hardly do their job can they?

Abuse it and bye bye.

Hey guys,

Recently began playing online again and have been on Spartas Dom server the last few nights and plan on gettin in a good 8-9 hours tonight.

When I played before more so with EBDA it was under stood you get out of spawn and fast and don't even look at it as the risk of shooting into it was an instant kick. From what I can see the opfor are usually experienced players and with this they should be on TS and if they are in Spawn they can switch over to notify all.

One suggestion is until the bug is fixed is there a way to make like a purple or orange circle the travels with MHQ with a radius of maybe 50 yds which could have a NO FIRE zone rating ? Just asking.

Also on somewhat the same topic , one of the guys on opfor spent a heck of a lot of time on blu for's TS channel I forgot the term for this but it seemed lacking in maturity and integrity.

Just sharing my thoughts. Having a great time .

Hammerj

Howdy Hammer!!!

This is in relation to the protected Base area and not the MHQ as it is mobile and if it is in line of the enemy's site would be fair game.

Dai-San Correct me if I am wrong.

Hammer the new maps we play have added a couple guys to fight with the Ai.

Howdy Hammer!!!

This is in relation to the protected Base area and not the MHQ as it is mobile and if it is in line of the enemy's site would be fair game.

Dai-San Correct me if I am wrong.

Hammer the new maps we play have added a couple guys to fight with the Ai.

Correct Halli, MHQ is fair game as it is mobile and if you don't want it destroyed then protect it.

Also on somewhat the same topic , one of the guys on opfor spent a heck of a lot of time on blu for's TS channel I forgot the term for this but it seemed lacking in maturity and integrity.

I think the term is "Intelligence gathering" :MSNWINK:

I've did it myself, just for no other reason than it gets pretty boring in the OpFor room on your own.

I think the term is "Intelligence gathering" :MSNWINK:

I've did it myself, just for no other reason than it gets pretty boring in the OpFor room on your own.

No problems with this whatsoever, Like T1 say's, it's boring in the opfor channel if you're alone.

Edited by Dai-San~SPARTA~

I believe HAMMERJ was referring to a particular individual (maybe more, I only know of one for sure) who was playing OP sniper, coming into our channel talking smack and using foul language, even after he was politely asked not to. I'd suggest regulating the OP slots so that COD kiddies can not use them. You want PVP smack talk, there's other servers and games for that.

It is kind of funny when the MHQ gets stolen, we tend to leave it too unprotected and don't move it up with the troops. Hey you wouldn't leave your own car in that neighborhood would you? :D

Hey Halli!

Spartans

Yeah I apologize if I talk out of turn and let me know, I have a lot of respect for the guys that run the server ,I've logged in many hours awhile back . I'll try to sit back a bit with my opinions until I know better. But yeah , if the opfor is supposed to be limited to AO then we need to get that posted big time because that seems to be misunderstood or misinterpreted or something , you guys know better than me. I do know that tonight I just spawned at mhq and was killed very far outside of the red zone . and that irritates me. as well despite the fact that enemy AI and opfor players sporadically spawn at base I witnessed a loaded helo loaded with commies drop off 5 or more just out side of the main base perimeter. they moved to just inside where they could view into the airfield I picked em off before damage was done but let me know if this is cool or unacceptable just so I know what to expect .

And yeah some of that trash talking , save it for the ghetto. Real man would just swing. :cheers:

Domination has Isle defence which constantly attacks the main base with armour and paratroopers, these units are not controlled by the opfor commander.

I personally dont like the smack talk, if you do it around me you will be moved to the opfor channel to smack talk to yourself.

Not to change the topic of the thread but I believe this new revelation fits into the sensibility aspect of the topic.

This evening, I was playing as the OPFOR Commander. Two things happened that I found to be cause for question. And needless to say, I left the server shortly after they happened.

First was the use of OPFOR armor (tank) by BLUFOR. The server was obviously not set correctly and in my opinion the rule was abused. The players, whom shall not be named, used the armor as if we didn't have any standing rule for it. We all know that the server is to be set as No Enemy Vehicles and yet it was still used by those who one would think should know better. Durka has started a thread asking if it is still in affect and if so, would it not be easier to make it default.

The second compounds on the first issue but delves more deeply in to the ethos and spirit of the game than actual rules. This also brings to question the whole scheme of the OPFOR Commander versions of Dom.

The above mentioned tank was used to bring BLUFOR players to the Radio Tower. The player was either behind the tank or got out of it, crawled to the tower, planted charges and then detonated them. You are asking what the problem is, right?

The problem is that he detonated them while he was still on top of them. In reality, it was a suicide mission. I have a big f'ing problem with this and it begs some questions.

Can the OPFOR Commander even win the AO? If yes, under what circumstances?? Or is it just a tool to make a City take longer for the BLUFOR? If the latter is the case then why bother??? If the only outcome is eventually losing and being killed little by little, as the BLUFOR has unlimited resources and far more capability than the OPFOR, then what, I ask, is the point?

If all the enemy has to do is run in and take out the enemy little by little, get killed, respawn, then do it again, over and over... it is pointless to have an OPFOR Commander just to direct the enemy around the AO and merely delay the inevitable. This defeats the purpose of playing all together.

My suggestions are to limit the respawns for BLUFOR, fix the respawn for the OPFOR (I never got the option to respawn at the base or anything and could not be revived in the field. Had to wait for the full time-out every death), create a time out for each AO (when the time runs out the OPFOR side wins. All enemy disappears and the next AO soon begins.) if all enemy are killed or the OPFOR Commander is killed 5-10-15-20 times, etc., then the BLUFOR win the AO.

These changes will make the mission far more balanced and the OPFOR actually have a goal other than to dick around and play and hour long game of 'Ginger Bread Man' for the BLUFOR.

All in all, the suicide mission deal was the real problem I had and I wasn't going to even post anything. But I got to thinking about how it could affect the game play and how it wasn't how LOSC has ever played a game.

There is no strength or honor in suicide style game play.

Again, no names will be stated, so don't ask. They know who they are.

I never got the option to respawn at the base or anything and could not be revived in the field. Had to wait for the full time-out every death

Working as intended. The OPFOR commander should not be dying so often that the 5min revive time becomes annoying. If they are, they're doing it wrong?. That 5min window is for BLUFOR to make a push while the enemy is less coordinated. After all, what'd be the point of killing the commander if he just respawned a few seconds later? This also prevents commanders from treating it as a TvT deathmatch instead of commanding his troops. (Admittedly, some people still do this).

As for OPFOR being able to win an AO:

Zeno and I discussed this a bit and--though I honestly can't remember the exact details of the conversation--we did acknowledge the fact that the OPFOR commander's resources are finite, while the BLUFOR's are not (well, almost). We talked about some different things we could do but I don't think we settled on anything. I also pretty much gave up map-making (for Domination anyway) shortly after, so I never implemented anything. Thankfully Kal was willing to take up the gauntlet, maybe he'd be willing to do something.

Oh, and as for the suicidal demolitions soldier, I agree. We're playing as Marines, not terrorists. If it's about dying before you can set it off, then hell, is it so damn hard to scroll your mouse wheel and start the 30 second timer?

The enemy armour has been on for a month or more.

This is the post I made after the discussion with MH6 and the response.

None of this is a surprise, but surprisingly noone has ever complained before. You know you are going to lose but you fight as best you can anyway, trying to delay the enemy. This is realistic if you think of it as a rearguard action.

I have watched people having a lot of fun "losing", you just need to reprogramme your head as to what a winning condition might be. For me winning is making the enemy wait as long as possible to win an AO, to frustrate them, you will lose in the end, but the enemy will pay dearly for the land they have taken.

Despite my comment below this is a great game mode.

The way this game works the Enemy commander will lose every time, since the western force has infinite respawn and the enemy force is finite (apart from the reinforcements)

Given this a solution could be that if the friendly deaths exceed the AI deaths the AI commander is deemed to have won.

a more complicated solution is to limit the max number of deaths to say 100 per town.

Anyway just some food for thought

The enemy commander will always lose, which is why there are plenty of enemy occupied towns and not friendly. This, like EMT said, is just to give us a run for our money.

it's not tvt, opfor side is not about wining,it's about making the fight between two sides more realistic.

i have been in the game medic mentioned the players in the armor where new guys and Do not know yet the rules that the server apply and the mentalty on it.