Spartans Home

Anybody wanna buy an 8800GTS?

I was under the impression that it will work, but both cards will drop down to 312mb.

Please correct me if im wrong...

Dunno if it will actually work in real life but recomondations and not only from Nvidia say that they need to be same GPU and same ram but not nessesarelly same vendor.

I personally wouldn´t do it

Does it have an HDMI port and if yes, how much for it? Reason being is that I am working on building a small ATX HTPC. Nothing uber-tastic, just something that is quiet and will play movies, especially BD, through an HDMI port.

For those you holding off until BD becomes less expensive...

$57.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16827106325

It does not however, come with BD playback software, you will have to obtain this elsewhere.

Ahhhh, gotcha. Hey, since they have cheap BluRay burners/players for your computer, is it possible to transfer the image to your bigscreen? I'm guessing that's where the HDMI cable/connector comes in, huh?

You got it! hats the whole point. But I want a card beefy enough to handle a large HD resolution that a 40" LCD would demand... but, isn't so loud that it ruins the movie.

I also need to find an ATX mobo with digital out audio instead of or in addition to 7.1 because it will be easier to set up. This first and then I can upgrade to an X-Fi surround later on.

Anyways, all this has been hashed out in Zeno's HTPC thread, a little different build but same over all purpose.

there's enough guys with 320 mb 8800 GTS in our midst ( me, Watchy, Mik?,.....), but I'd rather go for a new card and maybe use the old for the Physics (which you can use an old nvidia card for with the current drivers.....)

Pricing I owuldn't know as mine is at least 3 years old now ( there are 2 generations 8800 GTS, one with the old architechture with 320 mb or 640 and one with 512/1024?)