Spartans Home

DiRT2 (PC December 2009) DX11

IN game screen shots, DIRT II uses the modded EGO engine that drove GRID but now even further.. What that means I don't know but the pics look sexy & GRID played sexy... naughty..

As far as I know it's 30th September 09

GRID on OVERDRIVE - watch the video and see what's new ! (tyre physics)

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCwg711c7nc

HI RES: http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/driving/dir...uk-trailer?hd=1

ALL IN GAME !

Direct link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJSS0PJkcw

some piccies too

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

User posted image

PREVIEW

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/955/955139p1.html

something tells me ROCKY is going to like this one, along with ZENO, FLOYD, MAJESTIC, ME and EVERYONE !

While Dirt was universally well-received by critics, it also took a few hits for not having a robust competitive online multiplayer system where a group of friends could log on and race against one another in real-time. There was multiplayer, yes, but gamers wanted to see their friends racing alongside them. That's all changed in Dirt 2. Now, the new motto is all cars, all tracks, all online. In general, Codemasters is paying a lot more attention to online connectivity in Dirt 2. There's talk of including a system that will alert you in-game when one of your friends beats your lap time on a certain track (good luck, Goldstein).

In addition to China, Dirt 2 also takes you to California, Utah, England, Croatia, Malaysia, and other well-known rally locales. So what cars will you be using to tear up nature's pristine virtual environments? Codemasters isn't saying just yet, due to ongoing licensing discussions. But you can bet your rear differential that Subaru will be involved.

Holy cow. That looks amazing.

I had been wondering what could they do for the next DiRT/GRID because to me the graphics are already "there", the game looks and runs SWEET.

Having watched the video though, you can see water effects and lighting/particle effects and tyre physics coming into it. Too cool. Pretty easy to anticipate those effects are going to be a pretty major drain on a PC though - this could be the game to force a lot of upgrades! Who would have thought it would be a car racing game that started to push processing to the max.

Thanks for the info, looks ace!

Edited by Rocky

I missed DIRT,, the main compliant I know of was the lack of real online multi player, you could not race with your friends, only time trial yourself. Amazing the shortsightedness , well there pushing 29th September for this on, which is 16 WEEKS.

Roll on & prepare to be challenged.....

Viiiper will be back ! Racing

p.s. little Birdy told me 8 series Nvidia is great for this....

arg you guys are too quick with your vids, anyway i just upped a HD one of the above:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

looks pretty good

• 4 months later...

Does look sweet !!

More reading here:

http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,695889/...-features/News/

Quote:

Bryan Marshall about the technical background of Dirt 2

Dirt 2: Best graphics on PC due to DirectX 11 features

Dirt 2 has been confirmed to be one of the first games that will use Microsoft's new DirectX 11 API. PC Games Hardware had the chance to interview Bryan Marshall, the Technical Director of the Codemasters development team.

I would say YES, it has a better look to console version, but the play is the same. And when I say it looks better, it's not by much vs the dx10 v 11dx. Now not too sure how the PS3 compares to DX11 or even DX10. But again I think it's extra Hype to buy the game.

Reason I say this as I have completed the PS3 version in single player, and too be honest once behind the wheel GFX don't matter.