Spartans Home

Striker extreme blank screen following reflash to 1801 - back to life

Zeno~SPARTA~

Yesterday i bought 2 1.5 tb drives to add to my 2 main pcs. When I formatted them they only got to 73% then froze. I was going to take them back, but I thought I would research the problem first. Low and behold the problem is well known and the solution is to update the bios of nvidea boards, so First I updated the chipset driver, then I downloaded the latest bios which is 1801. I put the latest bios onto a cd (I couldnt make it work from a fat32 flash drive) and used the EZflash program in the bios. All went well until the restart. Now the bios doesnt even come up and I get cpu and code init messages on the little panel at the back. I have had problems with the striker before, but that was down to defective corsair ram. Vainly I swapped out the ocz hpc for some ordinary corsair ram, but the screen remains blank.

to use a krambolism I cant be arsed to find a way to make this work so I will buy another ordinary non asus/nvidia board this afternoon.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Sounds like something is not compatible in the bios update. Call Asus support and tell them about the problem, They can mail you a new updated bios chipp to fix it, if there is a fix. Also get on the ASUS webb sight, under support and look at your paticular board model area there might be helpfull info there as well.

Edited by Athlon64~SPARTA~

Format the stick to ntfs and see if that will work, the battery removal has reset the cmos on your mobo the same thing sometimes happens to my mobo on updating bios.

I tried to roll back the BIOS using EZ flash, but it wouldnt let me, I guess the software prevents it. Pain in the proverbial. However I had a brainwave and checked the ram voltage as I recall random BSODs occur if its set too low. When I reflashed it went to auto and on this board it automatically sets too low at 1.8 when it should be 2.1 min, so I set it to 2.1 we'll see how it does.